Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old October 16th, 2017, 10:13 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Utah monthly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Good call. I personally should be around whether it is held the 18th or the 25th, so I suppose we’ll have players chime in here with their preferences.

Hey, you, the ‘scaper reading this post - are you planning on attending the November monthly? If so, what day works better for you? Should it be held Saturday, Nov. 18th, or the last Saturday, Nov. 25th (thanksgiving weekend)?
I wouldn't be able to come the 25th, but I could make the 18th most likely.
Old October 17th, 2017, 01:16 AM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Good call. I personally should be around whether it is held the 18th or the 25th, so I suppose we’ll have players chime in here with their preferences.

Hey, you, the ‘scaper reading this post - are you planning on attending the November monthly? If so, what day works better for you? Should it be held Saturday, Nov. 18th, or the last Saturday, Nov. 25th (thanksgiving weekend)?
I wouldn't be able to come the 25th, but I could make the 18th most likely.
I'm in the same boat!

H E R O S C A P E
Old October 17th, 2017, 05:42 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

All right! Everyone who has contacted me, both posting here and via PM, have indicated that the 18th of November would work better than the 25th, so that is what we will do!

The details for November's monthly have been determined, and man, is it going to be a good one! In the words of the esteemed @Dad_Scaper , who champions this format: "It removes the stress of head-to-head play, which makes it very friendly for new players and children (and the players who normally just struggle), and it gives everyone a chance to play with everyone. It also dramatically changes the metagame, in that you must assess a unit's value completely differently. Finally, it discourages turtling. Camping on the high ground does you no good while your opponents get points off each other. Have fun!"

So check it out in the following post (and in the first post of this thread, of course) :
Old October 17th, 2017, 05:42 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

UTAH MONTHLY NOVEMBER 2017

When: November 18th, 11 AM start time

Cost: $5 (100% of entries will go to prize support! And donating prizes is always quite welcome as well, of course.)

Format: Multiplayer Free-For-All! Political intrigue! Temporary alliances! Strategic finesse!
Basically stealing the format that Maryland is using for their National Heroscape Day, it's time to delve into multiplayer madness!
You will not win by completely routing your opponents' armies, but by destroying the most units/scoring the most points. Partial card scoring will be used to determine this, so keep track as you battle! Unless the number of attendees is perfectly divisible by 4, we'll be playing both 4 and 3 player games. At a 4 player table points for final standings/placings are 4, 2, 1, 0; at a 3 player table it's 4, 2, 0. At the end of the 4-round event add up all your placing scores and that's your tournament score (in the event of a tie, the player with the greater total damage done comes out ahead)!

- 290 point armies
- 12 figure limit
- SoV & C3V allowed, official Marvel allowed
- No Glyphs
- Four 50 minute rounds
- If during one (or more) of your games, you are the last player standing, but did not score the most points, you will be entered into a raffle for a cool prize!

Maps

Standings:
Spoiler Alert!

PLEASE POST IF YOU’LL BE IN ATTENDANCE. It helps with the logistics of a lot of things.

Last edited by The Dewk; November 20th, 2017 at 02:44 AM.
Old October 17th, 2017, 06:08 PM

DewNoHarm is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post

Those of you thinking of coming for Idaho National Heroscape Day it's going on Saturday, Oct 28th @1:00pm in Pocatello ( so just a 2 hour drive or so from you Utahns). Go here for details.

@Flash_19 @antmarchingroves @DewNoHarm you guys gunna be able to make it up for this one? Would love to have ya! And you could always carpool to make it easier on ya.
Thanks for the invite @Sir Heroscape . Would love to come. I've got 7 wonderful kids, though, so all day scaping takes a lot from my wife/family. I'll have to turn this one down. Do appreciate it, though.
Old October 17th, 2017, 10:53 PM

antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

Those of you thinking of coming for Idaho National Heroscape Day it's going on Saturday, Oct 28th @1:00pm in Pocatello ( so just a 2 hour drive or so from you Utahns). Go here for details.

@Flash_19 @antmarchingroves @DewNoHarm you guys gunna be able to make it up for this one? Would love to have ya! And you could always carpool to make it easier on ya.
@Sir Heroscape - - I would love to come up for the Idaho NHSD tourney, but I have a Halloween party that evening at 6pm that I cannot miss. I am super bummed that I won't be able to make it, cause the format sounds so awesome! Let me know the next time you have a tournament up that way, and I'll be there!
Old October 18th, 2017, 10:24 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Dangit...I was excited about this one, but I just realized I've got performances that weekend and won't be able to come down with my crew. But I'll for sure be there in December for Scaperedude's Jingle Bell Bash

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 19th, 2017, 12:47 AM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Dangit...I was excited about this one, but I just realized I've got performances that weekend and won't be able to come down with my crew. But I'll for sure be there in December for Scaperedude's Jingle Bell Bash
We'll miss you, but at least you've got your priorities straight!! (See you on the 28th!) I'm bringing my friend Zach with me.

H E R O S C A P E
Old October 19th, 2017, 01:01 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaperedude View Post
Quote:
We'll miss you, but at least you've got your priorities straight!! (See you on the 28th!) I'm bringing my friend Zach with me.
saweet!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 19th, 2017, 12:08 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

I won't be in Idaho Oct. 28, or Nov. 18 at Game Haven.
I'm running game demos both days, which were scheduled months in advance.

I should have brought flyers last week at the event, but I'll be at Hastur Games in Midvale this Saturday demoing Battlestations 2nd Ed., a space-based miniatures game, with two boards representing ship-to-ship combat, and a crew-scale ship layout, where you run around piloting the ship, firing weapons, repairing damage, etc.

Anyone want to come? I'll be there from noon-6pm (a single game might take about 45 minutes).

Old October 25th, 2017, 10:37 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I sure appreciate the invite, but I'm not going to be able to make it. I'm in charge of a neighborhood Halloween party that day. Trust me, I'd much rather be playing Heroscape.
Old November 2nd, 2017, 11:24 AM

Yo, how did our Utah delegation up to Idaho fair last weekend? Did you guys crush their NHSD? @Leaf_It , @BiggaBullfrog , @Scaperedude ?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events