Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenscaleman View Post
I tried this a couple days ago
mezzo x4 260
eltahale 400
It overran all my buddies armies.
Eltahale can kill Q9 like nobodies business.
Mezzos kill stingers and 10th pretty easily.
Mezzos also can go toe-to-toe with most melee
I like that army idea. I'll have to try it. +rep.

Throw an Iron Golem in for a heavy hitter and you have a solid 500 points.
or 2 squads of Gobin Cutters is good too. Eltahale is already a heavy hitter so iron golem is not needed. Goblins act as screen and can gang up as needed.
Old November 1st, 2012, 12:43 PM

wjscaper knows what's in an order marker wjscaper knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Mezzodemon Warmongers

I love playing Mezzodemons, I just recently took them to a tourney in SLC and they are very tough. I have played them 6 times against different armies and barely lost once. If I were to say what is their weakness, it would be this. Range attackers, especially special attackers that stay out of range of the demons. Otherwise toe to toe 6 squads of Mezzodemons is very mean. Rats create problems for them to get in range of attackers. The game I lost was because of one agent who I could not stay in range of. Rats keep me from getting closer. Think of this you lose 8 of your 12 figures to special attacks but finally kill the figure who has the special attack. your Mezzodemons now has 12 extra lives against normal attacks and never lose their position. You have to move your figures into postion after they die. Mezzodemons never lose postion from being killed from a normal attack. Just a marker. Two figures is all that is needed to sweep the board. The rest just watch from the start zone. The other great feature with these guys is if someone is going to attack multiple times and you risk losing several markers, just let them kill you. Especially if getting another Demon in position isn't that hard. They lose all their attacks and you barely lose one figure. Nice trade if you ask me.
Old November 1st, 2012, 12:47 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Interesting strategy with letting a Mezzo die to deny multiple attacks. I would never have thought of that. Sometimes I forget when abilities say may remove a marker, that I do not have to remove the marker from the card, but can let the figure die.

Dang it, now I want more Mezzoderms. Time to edit my trade list.
Old November 1st, 2012, 12:51 PM

wjscaper knows what's in an order marker wjscaper knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Interesting strategy with letting a Mezzo die to deny multiple attacks. I would never have thought of that. Sometimes I forget when abilities say may remove a marker, that I do not have to remove the marker from the card, but can let the figure die.

Dang it, now I want more Mezzoderms. Time to edit my trade list.
Next year, rematch???
Old November 1st, 2012, 02:26 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@wjscaper
That army was ridiculous! I agree with Tiranx that I want more Mezzos but I don't think I want to ever face that army again...so I will just stick with my 3 squads.

Looking forward to the next time we meet.
Old November 15th, 2014, 09:06 PM

CronArmy is surprisingly tart

So I was wondering if anyone has ever used Wearwolf Lord with these guys? Now I know that sounds weird, but hear me out. These guys are awful against the special attackers/special power guys: Nielf, Majors, KA, Braxis.
But Wearwolf lord can reasonably put a wound marker on those figures. Which mean you could turn those guys back on their own armies. So if they get close enough to attack the Warmongers, they'll have to get close to Wearwolf lord.
I personally don't have Wearwolf lord, so I can't really test it, but worth looking into IMO. What do yall think??
Old November 16th, 2014, 09:07 PM

The strength of the Demons is the more you have the stronger they are. losing 4 for of them for the werewolf lord might still work in some ways, but then you really weaken the Demons. Having more markers as protection is worth a lot more than you may think. Strength in numbers, as a wise scaper said to me. Even if they hurt you with special attacks, eventually they will come through and then they become extremely dangerous. I think they are my favorite and the most dangerous squad. The four range and the benefits they get against squads really makes them amazing.
Old April 6th, 2015, 06:56 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Mezzodemon Warmongers
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old June 29th, 2015, 10:19 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's interesting Mezzodemons don't use the typical language that adds dice to attack. The demons modify their actual values to give them the additional die instead.
The Rules Lawyer in our group says the reason is due to Attack values being stored on the Army Card, and thus the first demon increases the attack value from 3 to 4, a state that stays true until the end of turn. Since the second demon uses the same card, its attack value would thusly be 4, the lawyer says, regardless of target. Should it target a common also, the value will increase yet again, this time to 5, he says.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old June 29th, 2015, 10:28 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Language

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
It's interesting Mezzodemons don't use the typical language that adds dice to attack. The demons modify their actual values to give them the additional die instead.
The Rules Lawyer in our group says the reason is due to Attack values being stored on the Army Card, and thus the first demon increases the attack value from 3 to 4, a state that stays true until the end of turn. Since the second demon uses the same card, its attack value would thusly be 4, the lawyer says, regardless of target. Should it target a common also, the value will increase yet again, this time to 5, he says.
When implies that the condition (attacking a common figure) must hold for it (getting +1 to Attack Value) to happen. Tell your Rules Lawyer that if the card was intended to do what he says it would have been worded in this far less confusing way.

POISON CLOUD
Each time a Mezzodemon Warmonger attacks a Common figure, add 1 to the Attack Value of this card for this turn.

~Dysole, informationally
Old June 30th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Rules Lawyers are fun. Counter with:

"The clear reading of the card is that when a Mezzo attacks a common figure, it adds 1 to the attack value of THAT figure, not the Mezzo."

Tell your friend you'll meet them in the middle with the common interpretation if they'd prefer

~Aldin, twistily

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 30th, 2015, 11:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'd attribute the change in wording to a change in design team from top to bottom. Hasbro handed Heroscape off to Wizards for all the D&D stuff and I'm guessing they put their own people on the project. Maybe Grungebob would know for certain. It is odd how the wording is so different, you would think even the new crew working on it would want to follow the established precedent.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units