Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old April 1st, 2015, 07:41 PM

6FlagsManiac is surprisingly tart
6FlagsManiac's Customs - Darkterror the Faceless Void

Welcome to my thread!

I've been a long time lurker and Heroscape player. A couple years ago i participated on the forums for a very brief period of time; i decided to leave because was i getting little to no feedback on my cards. I attributed this to my immaturity and lack of experience on forums, which probably deterred people from my posts. Now that i'm older and have much more experience on forums, I've decided to come out of the shadows to participate and contribute to this awesome community! Can't wait to share my custom cards and help others with theirs! Now onto my first creation...

Darkterror the Faceless Void

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Dota 2 Dire Starter Set.
Its model number and name are #103 / Faceless Void.

Darkterror the Faceless Void is a visitor from Claszureme, a realm outside of time. It remains a mystery why this being from another dimension believes the struggle for the Nemesis Stones is worth entering our physical plane, but apparently an upset in the balance of power in this world has repercussions in adjacent dimensions. Time means nothing to Darkterror, except as a way to thwart his foes and aid his allies. His long-view of the cosmos has given him a remote, disconnected quality, although in battle he is quite capable of making it personal.

As part of my Dota 2 project to recreate all the unique and awesome heroes from Dota, I've created Faceless Void. In Dota, Faceless Void is a very strong hero; I hoped to achieve a strong unit here that would be a viable draft choice.

Help with wording would be much appreciated
As i am pretty new to making custom cards, i would greatly appreciate it if people could help with wording. If anyone has any questions on how an ability works just ask

Faceless Void To-Do List

-Determine a species
-Decide on defense value of 3 or 4
-Improve wording throughout abilities
-Change left box to best represent hero
-Determine which general would best represent hero
-Determine point value

Thanks for reading! Eagerly awaiting feedback from those who can provide it!

Last edited by 6FlagsManiac; April 5th, 2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2015, 07:54 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 6FlagsManiac's Customs - Introduction

Looks boss. I don't know from Dota but I have a few wording suggestions:

Time Walk: I assume that after choosing the space you should place him on it? Spell that out, even if it seems obvious.

Backtrack: I would use "would receive any wounds" instead of "may receive" and "ignore all wounds" at the end.

Time Lock: If the figure has no order marker, do you get the extra attack, or is that a bonus? I would use the "may also do X if possible" phrasing if you mean that, otherwise it's potentially confusing.

Also, check out Rygarn in the VC forum, he's got a pretty sweet time jump ability you might use.
Old April 2nd, 2015, 12:28 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

Would his species not be faceless void and his name not be darkterror?
Old April 2nd, 2015, 03:44 PM

@IshMEL Thanks for the feedback! I'll do some editing to the card a little later in the day!

@betawolf36 That's a good idea, however, Faceless Void isn't his species but rather his alias in Dota; there is zero information on what species he is. I may use his home realm Claszureme and end up putting his species as a Claszuremian or something to that effect.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Like i said i'll be doing some editing to the card later tonight when i get off work

Last edited by 6FlagsManiac; April 2nd, 2015 at 04:01 PM.
Old April 5th, 2015, 03:39 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 6FlagsManiac's Customs - Darkterror the Faceless Void

Hmm, a brutal hard hitter. He relies on the d20 to do his part, but I can easily see this guy being at least 150 points. I would keep him from having any synergies at all, because those might make him seem a little too strong.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 5th, 2015, 09:27 PM

Re: 6FlagsManiac's Customs - Darkterror the Faceless Void

I'm aiming to put him around 160-200 points. I'm gonna playtest him tonight at 160 points and i'd greatly appreciate if anyone else could give him a try for me

Meanwhile, I've finished making another Dota card, which i'm quite happy with. I'm still working on his left box and considering changing his name to Yurnero. I have playtested him and he's pretty fun to play. Omnislash is extremely strong and may need to be toned down a bit, however you can only use it once so it's not too hard to beat him. I've also a couple changes to void in original post, adding one to his defense and reducing his move by 1.

Last edited by 6FlagsManiac; April 5th, 2015 at 10:01 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards