Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 20th, 2017, 02:01 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Gizmo

The Book of Gizmo

C3G DC WAVE 31
YEAR OF THE VILLAIN

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the DC Teen Titans set.
Its model number and name are #044 / Gizmo.

Character Bio - Nothing is known about Gizmo's early life. A genius, he established himself at a young age as an inventor, able to create complex inventions and deadly weapons from the most innocuous household objects. He sold these gadgets to criminals and civilians through his company, Gizmo Inc. Eventually he became actively involved in villainy when he decided to expand his business by joining the Fearsome Five. He has also been associated with H.I.V.E., S.T.A.R. Labs and the Cyborg Revenge Squad.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Robotics Mastery allows Gizmo to move small Androids, resurrect Common small Androids, and disengage from enemies engaged with Androids you control. Current Small Androids and Current Androids.
  • Androids may allow Gizmo to add to the roll for his Android Assault 13 special power Current Androids.
  • Gizmo can use his Robotics Engineering special power to heal Androids and Cyborgs you control. Current Androids and Current Cyborgs.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: (japes) 0-2
  • Second playtest: (Ronin) 1-1
  • Third playtest: Lazy_Orang 0-2
  • Fourth playtest: Ronin 0-2
  • Fifth playtest: Lobster 1-1
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by japes
  • Gizmo was created by Marv Wolfman and George Perez, first appearing in New Teen Titans #3. (1981)

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 05:46 PM. Reason: png
Old March 20th, 2017, 02:01 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Gizmo (Breathing Period)

NAME = GIZMO
SECRET IDENTITY = MIKRON O'JENEUS

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = INVENTOR
PERSONALITY = FEARSOME
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 160

ROBOTICS MASTERY
Before taking a turn with Gizmo, you may either move up to four small Androids you control or place a previously destroyed Common small Android in your army on an empty space adjacent to Gizmo. Figures engaged with Androids you control may not roll for leaving engagement attacks against Gizmo.

ANDROID ASSAULT 13
After moving and instead of attacking with Gizmo, you may choose any opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces that is engaged with an Android you control. Roll the 20-sided die, adding 1 to the roll for each other Android engaged with the chosen figure. If you roll 13 or higher, the chosen figure receives 1 wound.

ROBOTICS ENGINEERING
At the end of a round, you may choose an Android or Cyborg Hero adjacent to Gizmo. Remove or place 1 Wound Marker on the chosen figure’s card.

FLYING

Spoiler Alert!

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; December 23rd, 2017 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Robotics Master - Adjacent respawn
Old March 20th, 2017, 02:02 PM
A Man of Taste

Reserved for Art

Old March 20th, 2017, 02:12 PM
A Man of Taste

The changes from my work thread are as follows...

Eliminated the squad attacking during Robotic Mastery.

For reference here is the proposed minions...

NAME = MECHANICAL CONSTRUCT DECOY

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD (3)
CLASS = MECHANICAL/WEAPON/???
PERSONALITY = DISTRACTING

SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 40

DISENGAGE

These Mechanical Constructs are never attacked when leaving an engagement.

EXPERT CLIMBING
When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with these Mechanical Constructs, do not count spaces for the first two levels and only count one space for each two levels after the first two. You may ignore these Mechanical Constructs's height when climbing. These Mechanical Constructs never takes falling damage or major falling damage.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by japes; May 14th, 2017 at 05:35 PM. Reason: added "or"
Old March 20th, 2017, 02:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Need to switch the order of Improvised Weaponry and Robotics Mastery, powers appear on the card in the order they would be used during a turn. So the power that replaces a move would come before the power that replaces an attack.

On the Constructs, the two powers seem to be mining the same ground. Distracting & Daring Decoy seem to be two powers deriving from one idea. I'd rather see you go with one or the other, then give them a different second power that covers a different bit of theme.
Old March 20th, 2017, 06:50 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Need to switch the order of Improvised Weaponry and Robotics Mastery, powers appear on the card in the order they would be used during a turn. So the power that replaces a move would come before the power that replaces an attack.

On the Constructs, the two powers seem to be mining the same ground. Distracting & Daring Decoy seem to be two powers deriving from one idea. I'd rather see you go with one or the other, then give them a different second power that covers a different bit of theme.
to both points. Distraction and Daring Decoy would also make for a super annoying opponent.

Also on Improvised Weaponry, the name is very close to Mother Russia's Makeshift Weaponry but the theme and mechanics are very different. Improvised Weaponry doesn't really get the theme across for the power for me either. Android Ally or Android Rapport maybe?

On the third option for Robotics Mastery, is the intention a full turn with the Hero, or just moving and attacking? We should either be clear that it's a full turn with powers, or a turn where they can't use their powers.

Otherwise, looking pretty good.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old March 20th, 2017, 08:18 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

to all of what YK and TB said. Otherwise, looking like a fun design.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old March 20th, 2017, 08:44 PM
A Man of Taste

Improvised Weapon as a name was a theme nod. His whole gimmick is that he improvises weapons by combining random unassuming items into weapons. Sort of like an evil mini Macgyver. In this case he constructed some small robots into weapons.

Yes I'm aware the powers are out of order. When I replaced Technological Genius with Improvised Weapons, I did just that then I just copied it over. I'm going to bypass the breathing period for that and edit it now so you guys will quit parroting each other

As to the robots. Yes It was meant and an either or not both. I'm not sure if they even need a second power. I originally had two different squads. 1 a decoy and 1 a distraction. I am a little worried about a squad of Daring Decoy's being so cheap and easily replaced. It may make it a bit too annoying. The original idea was to use them to lock down an opponent so that Shimmer can move in and survive till the next turn so that she could use her Transmutation power since she can't move before using it. If Psimon hits his roll and gets two turns with Fearsome Five members he can activate Gizmo and Shimmer and get a robot and Shimmer engage to the same figure and then the enemy would either have to run or attack the robot leaving Shimmer free on the next OM to melt their face.

Old March 20th, 2017, 08:45 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post

to both points. Distraction and Daring Decoy would also make for a super annoying opponent.

Also on Improvised Weaponry, the name is very close to Mother Russia's Makeshift Weaponry but the theme and mechanics are very different. Improvised Weaponry doesn't really get the theme across for the power for me either. Android Ally or Android Rapport maybe?

On the third option for Robotics Mastery, is the intention a full turn with the Hero, or just moving and attacking? We should either be clear that it's a full turn with powers, or a turn where they can't use their powers.

Otherwise, looking pretty good.
I was trying to avoid full turns with the Hero and be as specific as possible on the Move and Attack in an attempt to avoid shenanigans. Let me know if I need to fix it.

Old March 20th, 2017, 09:11 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I don't really like the Improvised Weaponry name since it's really reusable and the power... isn't. Something like "Mechanical Improvisation" might work better.

Overally I like it, one fairly complex marquee power and two simpler ones. I am a bit concerned about how the "attack with a squad instead of attacking with him" may stack with future Android squads, so we may want to keep an eye on that.
Old March 23rd, 2017, 01:21 AM
A Man of Taste

Anymore comments here? I'm planning on running his initial this weekend if possible. It looks like the only issue is the power name so far.

Old March 23rd, 2017, 02:41 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Isn't 'attack with whoever' really short hand for 'take a turn with whoever during which they can only attack' in C3G? I thought it was, I hope it is really, attacking out of your turn causes much funkyness. If so, he shouldn't really be giving turns in the middle of his turn like that, turn stacking nightmare there. Seems like it would make more sense to word them as:

Before taking a turn with Gizmo, you may do one of the following blah blah blah,
if you do, you cannot move Gizmo during his turn.

and

After taking a turn with Gizmo, if he did not attack during that turn you may blah blah blah.

That seems a hell of a lot cleaner mechanically to me.

Also it seems like he really needs the 'revealed an order marker on this guy' restrictions here or something, otherwise I'm always going to be using him to effectively turn every Android Hero into Avengers for Miss Marvel and also get Killer Penguin attacks added into her turn. That's more than a little ridonkulous.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library