Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old May 12th, 2006, 10:46 AM

spacemonkeymafia has disabled reputation
Best/Worst Unique to Negate Powers with Morsbane?

<edit>Two threads were merged in June as they covered discussion on the same fig and didn't overlap in their posting dates</edit>

I finally tried Morsbane last night and found he is pretty good even without his power. 6 life 3 atk wizard? I'll take it. But my opponent had just Syv as unique in her army and though, near the end, I was able to negate the powers of mighty Syv, he still is damned useful after the negation. This lead me to wonder who gets the worst end on the negation rod. Carr seems like he would take a pretty big hit with negated powers but Charos would laugh his crown off (well until he found he couldn't move around as well). DWs are more impaired but they are a gamble anyways ('sides they still have good range and usually 3 atk) I guess what this thread is really meant to show is- just how critical are the special powers? Has anyone tried a game where the negation rod is a permanent effect on a scenario? what about a glyph (damn that contest is probably over and on the wrong site to boot!) It would be interesting- kind of like a "basic" master game. hmmm
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:18 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Best/Worst Unique to Negate Powers with Morsbane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemonkeymafia
I finally tried Morsbane last night and found he is pretty good even without his power. 6 life 3 atk wizard? I'll take it. But my opponent had just Syv as unique in his army and though, near the end, I was able to negate the powers of mighty Syv, he still is damned useful after the negation. This lead me to wonder who gets the worst end on the negation rod. Carr seems like he would take a pretty big hit with negated powers but Charos would laugh his crown off (well until he found he couldn't move around as well). DWs are more impaired but they are a gamble anyways ('sides they still have good range and usually 3 atk) I guess what this thread is really meant to show is- just how critical are the special powers? Has anyone tried a game where the negation rod is a permanent effect on a scenario? what about a glyph (damn that contest is probably over and on the wrong site to boot!) It would be interesting- kind of like a "basic" master game. hmmm
I think charos losing his counter-strike is a HUGE blow, especially if he can't fly. That allows melee units to surround him and take him down pretty quickly.

Taelord losing his +1 attack benefit or Railen losing her +2 defense negates the very reason most people draft those units. So I think the rod of negation has a big impact on the game and was a very clever game design.
Old May 12th, 2006, 12:10 PM

ishbul has disabled reputation
Krug absolutley takes a major hit when his powers are negated.
ne-gok-sa would not take a very big hit because his power is so rarely used anyway.
Old May 12th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yes, my group has a seen a negated Charos and Krug. No fun there.

Grimmy is a big puppy dog once he gets slapped on the snout by the rod (yeah, I know Grimmy is the orc, but the only thing I think of when I see or hear his name is that Jurassic Jackass he rides).
Old May 12th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
During the large battle at Truth's Tourney Jake(I think that's him) and I both had Morsbane. I only got to use 2 of the negation markers but used both on 2 different squads of Marro Warriors. This did make it much easier to pick them off, but not much. Honestly I would see it hurting Charos, EOV, really any ability that's reliant on keeping itself or others alive and flying abilities hurt when they are gone as well.

Frenzy and counterstrike are dead with the Rod of Negation, but the biggest thing IMO to be hurt by Rod of negation is Krug.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old May 12th, 2006, 12:41 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
i dont have mr/ morsbane. does his rod negate all abilities, or just one at a time? for instance, if i negated Krug, would one marker negate double attack AND wounded smash, or just the one i choose (wounded smash, DUH!)?
Old May 12th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
i dont have mr/ morsbane. does his rod negate all abilities, or just one at a time? for instance, if i negated Krug, would one marker negate double attack AND wounded smash, or just the one i choose (wounded smash, DUH!)?
www.heroscape.com
Old May 12th, 2006, 01:38 PM

gorillanator has disabled reputation
IMO the funniest things Morsbane could negate is the Marrden Hounds or the Omnicron snipers.

Watching the hounds try to navigate the battlefield with one move just sounds hilarious.

And the snipers without deadly shot are reduced to that of the Arrow Gruts with 1 attack.

Violence is not the answer.

Make peace!
Old May 12th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillanator
IMO the funniest things Morsbane could negate is the Marrden Hounds or the Omnicron snipers.

Watching the hounds try to navigate the battlefield with one move just sounds hilarious.

And the snipers without deadly shot are reduced to that of the Arrow Gruts with 1 attack.
Only Uniques with the Rod!
Old May 12th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:

For sure! Morsbane would be insane if he could negate commons.
Old May 12th, 2006, 01:49 PM

Kenntak has disabled reputation
I would go with Krug because it is so funny.
Old May 12th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Emeritus Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:

For sure! Morsbane would be insane if he could negate commons.
Imagine negating Obsidians on molten lava? IF it was possible and IF they got drafted.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles