Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 24th, 2009, 02:24 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker
Re: Skeletor's Customs [ 5/24/09 ]New SERPANT WARLORD

Updated figure in first post let me know what ya think
Old May 24th, 2009, 02:53 PM

Bloodthorn is surprisingly tart

The figure for the Serpent Warlord is nice, and the stats and abilities are far, but isn't there only 1 Venoc Warlord? You need to make up another one before this one's powers really work.
Old May 24th, 2009, 04:50 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodthorn View Post
The figure for the Serpent Warlord is nice, and the stats and abilities are far, but isn't there only 1 Venoc Warlord? You need to make up another one before this one's powers really work.

scroll down
Old May 25th, 2009, 12:03 AM

Bloodthorn is surprisingly tart

Oops! Sorry about that!
Old May 26th, 2009, 07:55 PM

no sorries needed I'm just happy someone noticed the thread and posted. I don't get much feedback so I ether

A.) I'm doing something right with the abilites and points

B.) People don't have an opinion

c.) Scapers are to busy dreamimng about Wave 9
Old June 3rd, 2009, 12:15 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker

I checked out the customs and you selected a lot of interesting figures as your subjects. Those Marro/Soulborg hybrid figures look quite nice.
The cowboy on a motorcycle embodies the wacky, mixed-up world of HS.

Regarding the cards, I think you need to standardize the wording on the cards to match the HS conventions. The best place to go to for this is Gary's HS site: http://heroscape.glasq.com/tables/ch...s_001.htm#DK11

I've always used it to check on the text for powers and to look at and compare figure stats and points compared to whatever I am creating.
When you are going to use a power like Mind Link (that already exists in HS) you should keep it like the original or change the name if it is a variant to avoid confusion. I think that drives people that play customs nuts.

HS cards have their own bizarre lingo that does not always sound good, but which I try to match to keep things consistent.

Cosmetically, the card value numbers and font sizes could use correction in some cases. I use the HCC program for my cards, so I don't have to worry about that stuff anymore most of the time, but I know it is a pain to do when you are just working with blanks. Still, it helps to make the cards look nicer.

Finally, since you admitted you are the, "worse speller on the interweb" I don't know if I need to mention it, but you would be disemboweled around my house with those spelling mistakes or at the very least we'd chuck the cards with spelling mistakes on them at you like shuriken!

Spell checker = Learn it. Know it. Live it.

As for feedback, I think the problem is that there are so many official figures now that it is hard for players to muster a lot of interest in yet more figures. This game's units have grown in number far larger than I ever imagined when I started making customs.

If you have fun making them, keep at it! I make mine for myself and if other people have found them of use that is cool, but it does not matter whether they do or not.
Old July 4th, 2009, 09:10 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

I like the Nakita comander but who the heck is Lagor?

Was that supost to be Laglor the flag berer?

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE

Last edited by Felindar; July 7th, 2009 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Posible answer
Old July 8th, 2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felindar View Post
I like the Nakita comander but who the heck is Lagor?

Was that supost to be Laglor the flag berer?

Pete

yeah on my old computer it was hard for me to see the letters so I made quite a few mistakes in photoshop. If I mange to make it through the month of July I plan on going back fixing some customs and making some more
Old July 8th, 2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios View Post

HS cards have their own bizarre lingo that does not always sound good, but which I try to match to keep things consistent.
That drives me nuts

Quote:

Cosmetically, the card value numbers and font sizes could use correction in some cases. I use the HCC program for my cards, so I don't have to worry about that stuff anymore most of the time, but I know it is a pain to do when you are just working with blanks. Still, it helps to make the cards look nicer.
Where is this HCC program you speak of?

Quote:
Finally, since you admitted you are the, "worse speller on the interweb" I don't know if I need to mention it, but you would be disemboweled around my house with those spelling mistakes or at the very least we'd chuck the cards with spelling mistakes on them at you like shuriken!
it wouldn't be the first time

Quote:
As for feedback, I think the problem is that there are so many official figures now that it is hard for players to muster a lot of interest in yet more figures. This game's units have grown in number far larger than I ever imagined when I started making customs.
Tell me about it I still have the AvP figures I bought weeks ago in the box and haven't had a chance to try your cards yet

Thanks for the post. One of these days I should just take a day off work and revamp my customs a little I still have a ton of minis in que to make more.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 02:37 AM

Been a while but I made these guys today

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards