Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 14th, 2019, 09:29 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Ronin's Public Workshopping Thread

I was going to use Turbo-Boost on Lawmaster with a different mechanic.
Any chance you could call this just Turbo?

Oh crud there is already a Turbo Boost.
Old April 14th, 2019, 09:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I was going to use Turbo-Boost on Lawmaster with a different mechanic.
Any chance you could call this just Turbo?

Oh crud there is already a Turbo Boost.
Iron Monger was #424. So, yeah, beat you by 400 or so.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 25th, 2019, 01:32 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a ??? figure from the ??? set.
Its model number and name are #??? / ???.

NAME = PLUTONIAN
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = GOLEM
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = DESTROYER
PERSONALITY = IRREDEEMABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 8

MOVE = 10
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

RUTHLESS HEAT VISION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack and roll 3 attack dice. For each skull rolled, roll one additional attack die. Continue rolling an additional attack die for each additional skull rolled until no skulls are rolled. The defending figure rolls defense normally.

SHOCK AND AWE
Common and Uncommon figures cannot use any special powers to move during Plutonian's turn.

UNSTOPPABLE RESILIENCE
If Plutonian would receive one or more wounds, ignore one of those wounds.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Bio - On his world, Plutonian was the first superhero, and fit the archetype to a tee: incredibly powerful, unbelievably charismatic, and seemingly the embodiment of "truth, justice and the American way". Unfortunately, that kind of image that can be stressful to maintain. Plutonian, one day, just had enough. Now Earth's heroes struggle to protect the world from the lunatic rampages of the man who was once her mightiest defender.
Notes - lead character from Irredeemable, a book from Boom! Studios. Essentially he's a Superman pastiche that doesn't have Clark's rock-solid upbringing and cracks under the pressure of being Superman. Just starts destroying stuff.

Ruthless Heat Vision is a Heat Vision riff that we've kicked around for a few 'evil Superman' types. It's just Heat Vision except it works on everyone like Superman's works on Androids. Pretty nasty, but it's a definite fit here, because Plutonian is big on the heat vision and not big on restraint.

Unstoppable Resilience is connoting something a little different from what it does on Jason, but they do have that 'horror durability' in common, and I think it works to set him a little apart from Superman, mechanically.

(Also, Plutonian's technically a reality-warper that thinks he has Superman-type powers rather than a guy with Superman-type powers. Petty distinction maybe, but I think it's fair game for his durability to be represented a little differently from most Superman types. Not a hard requirement, but I like the feel of it.)

I was toying around with something like this as a light third power to give the nod to the book's title:

Quote:
IRREDEEMABLE
Plutonian's class and personality cannot be modified by any special power on any Army Card.
But I went with an Irredeemable personality to get that nod instead. I think I would have gone for the trinket text power if we had even a single sort of open-ended redemption power, but I think the main effect would be to no-sell stuff like J Jonah Jameson or the Brit-Cits that are trying to brand him as a crook, which is the opposite of what the power would be trying to represent.

Oh, also I wasn't quite sure what to put down for the species... he's a weird energy alien that formed an infant human body for itself and became human-ish. He gets referred to as a 'golem' at one point, which is kind of tempting to use, but I felt like that read as metaphor as much as 'he is literally a golem'.

Last edited by Ronin; May 16th, 2021 at 10:11 AM.
Old April 25th, 2019, 06:03 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a ??? figure from the ??? set.

NAME = PLUTONIAN
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = GOLEM? ENERGY? UNKNOWN?
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = DESTROYER
PERSONALITY = IRREDEEMABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 8

MOVE = 10
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

RUTHLESS HEAT VISION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack and roll 3 attack dice. For each skull rolled, roll one additional attack die. Continue rolling an additional attack die for each additional skull rolled until no skulls are rolled. The defending figure rolls defense normally.

UNSTOPPABLE RESILIENCE
If Plutonian would receive one or more wounds, ignore one of those wounds.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Bio - On his world, Plutonian was the first superhero, and fit the archetype to a tee: incredibly powerful, unbelievably charismatic, and seemingly the embodiment of "truth, justice and the American way". Unfortunately, that kind of image that can be stressful to maintain. Plutonian, one day, just had enough. Now Earth's heroes struggle to protect the world from the lunatic rampages of the man who was once her mightiest defender.
Notes - lead character from Irredeemable, a book from Boom! Studios. Essentially he's a Superman pastiche that doesn't have Clark's rock-solid upbringing and cracks under the pressure of being Superman. Just starts destroying stuff.

Ruthless Heat Vision is a Heat Vision riff that we've kicked around for a few 'evil Superman' types. It's just Heat Vision except it works on everyone like Superman's works on Androids. Pretty nasty, but it's a definite fit here, because Plutonian is big on the heat vision and not big on restraint.

Unstoppable Resilience is connoting something a little different from what it does on Jason, but they do have that 'horror durability' in common, and I think it works to set him a little apart from Superman, mechanically.

(Also, Plutonian's technically a reality-warper that thinks he has Superman-type powers rather than a guy with Superman-type powers. Petty distinction maybe, but I think it's fair game for his durability to be represented a little differently from most Superman types. Not a hard requirement, but I like the feel of it.)

I was toying around with something like this as a light third power to give the nod to the book's title:

Quote:
IRREDEEMABLE
Plutonian's class and personality cannot be modified by any special power on any Army Card.
But I went with an Irredeemable personality to get that nod instead. I think I would have gone for the trinket text power if we had even a single sort of open-ended redemption power, but I think the main effect would be to no-sell stuff like J Jonah Jameson or the Brit-Cits that are trying to brand him as a crook, which is the opposite of what the power would be trying to represent.

Oh, also I wasn't quite sure what to put down for the species... he's a weird energy alien that formed an infant human body for itself and became human-ish. He gets referred to as a 'golem' at one point, which is kind of tempting to use, but I felt like that read as metaphor as much as 'he is literally a golem'.
to all this! I loved this whole series!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old April 25th, 2019, 07:46 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'd definitely like a light theme touch on a third power - we have so many Superman types that we really should work on differentiating them.

What stands out to me is his petty cruelty from the early issues - when he causes a huge flood and, when his allies come to save people, he just stands there and says "choose ten." Because, hey, I did it every day, why not try that and see how it feels?

"WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?"
Common and Unique figures cannot leave an engagement with Plutonian.

I like this one because it would prevent guys like Superman from doing their Heroic Duty.

SHOCK AND AWE
When Plutonian attacks, negate all special powers on the Army Cards of Citizens.

Sort of hits on the "wait, he's evil now??" feeling and also lets him relentlessly murder people without Civilians fleeing.

Those sorts of things.
Old April 25th, 2019, 08:51 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like the Shock and Awe one to convey the idea that they can't believe he's evil.

I also like it in the metagame to take it to those Civvies.

I like Golem as species. I think that the rationale behind him making his own body out of nothing, essentially, fits an acceptable definition of Golem. Oddly, Construct might also work?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old April 25th, 2019, 11:02 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

He is is going to be really hard to bring down with that combination of Life, Defense and UR. Jason can be a chore to bring down sometime and he has 0 Defense.

Looks fun though.
Old April 26th, 2019, 08:53 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
He is is going to be really hard to bring down with that combination of Life, Defense and UR. Jason can be a chore to bring down sometime and he has 0 Defense.

Looks fun though.
Yeah, his stats might need moderated a little. I'd want to tune those to get him in the right point range. (Which is probably low 400s?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
to all this! I loved this whole series!
I just tried it out on a whim and it really hooked me. Burned through the whole thing in a few days, and stayed up a little late to keep reading a couple times.

Glad you're digging the direction here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I'd definitely like a light theme touch on a third power - we have so many Superman types that we really should work on differentiating them.

What stands out to me is his petty cruelty from the early issues - when he causes a huge flood and, when his allies come to save people, he just stands there and says "choose ten." Because, hey, I did it every day, why not try that and see how it feels?

"WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?"
Common and Unique figures cannot leave an engagement with Plutonian.

I like this one because it would prevent guys like Superman from doing their Heroic Duty.

SHOCK AND AWE
When Plutonian attacks, negate all special powers on the Army Cards of Citizens.

Sort of hits on the "wait, he's evil now??" feeling and also lets him relentlessly murder people without Civilians fleeing.

Those sorts of things.
I like Shock and Awe.

WDYTYG feels a little too playstyle-defining, and also it's basically super cyber claw, which could be problematic.

But what about taking that basic idea and playing up the cruelty aspect a little bit?

Quote:
When you would roll for a leaving engagement attack against a figure leaving an engagement with Plutonian, you may instead choose a different figure engaged with Plutonian and roll an unblockable attack die against that figure.
So essentially, he just gets to make the LEA against any adjacent figure he wants instead of the figure that's actually leaving the engagement. Lets him engage a soft target and threaten it to keep anyone else from leaving engagements with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I like the Shock and Awe one to convey the idea that they can't believe he's evil.

I also like it in the metagame to take it to those Civvies.

I like Golem as species. I think that the rationale behind him making his own body out of nothing, essentially, fits an acceptable definition of Golem. Oddly, Construct might also work?
Construct would be a good fit, but it's a class rather than a species. I think I like Golem most out of the options that make sense to me.
Old May 2nd, 2019, 09:54 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Secret Wars - Battleworld set.

NAME = DINO-THOR
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = DINOSAUR
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 8

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

SMITE 17
Instead of attacking, you may choose a figure within 2 spaces of Dino-Thor. If that figure is common, destroy it. Otherwise, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 17 or higher, that figure receives 3 wounds.

THOR CORPS
After revealing an Order marker on the card of a Valiant Unique Champion Hero you control and taking a turn with that Hero, you may take a turn with Dino-Thor. At the end of this turn, if you did not attack with Dino-Thor, you may move up to 2 other figures you control that have this special power up to 4 spaces each.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Chaos War set.
Its model number and name are #038 / Thor.

NAME = THOR
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = ASGARDIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

MJOLNIR SPECIAL ATTACK

THOR CORPS
After revealing an Order marker on the card of a Valiant Unique Champion Hero you control and taking a turn with that Hero, you may take a turn with this Thor. At the end of this turn, if you did not attack with this Thor, you may move up to 2 other figures you control that have this special power up to 4 spaces each.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Mighty Thor set.
Its model number and name are #051 / Groot Thor.

NAME = THOR
SECRET IDENTITY = GROOT (CO)

SPECIES = FLORA COLOSSUS
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 7

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

FLORA COLOSSAL REACH
Before attacking, Thor may subtract up to 3 dice from his normal attack and add 1 to his range for each die subtracted. Thor may not attack a figure whose base is more than 6 levels higher than his height or 6 levels lower than his base.

THOR CORPS
After revealing an Order marker on the card of a Valiant Unique Champion Hero you control and taking a turn with that Hero, you may take a turn with this Thor. At the end of this turn, if you did not attack with this Thor, you may move up to 2 other figures you control that have this special power up to 4 spaces each.

ORGANIC REGENERATION
At the end of each round, remove one Wound Marker from this card. If Thor is on a water space at the end of the round, remove an additional Wound Marker from this card.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
5/16/21 - Updated with (CO) symbol

I like the basic shape of the idea there, but like I said at the time, I wasn't real excited about any of the write-ups I have. Still feeling pretty much the same.

Smite is a power that was getting kicked around for a different character that I lifted for Dino-Thor.

Last edited by Ronin; May 16th, 2021 at 10:59 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2019, 10:33 PM

AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker

Could someone make an actual card for groot thor? I don't know how and I want to use him.
Old May 2nd, 2019, 10:43 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexH12 View Post
Could someone make an actual card for groot thor? I don't know how and I want to use him.
Our process tends to be pretty lengthy - we develop a design collaboratively, workshop it, and playtest it before the art team ever gets involved and we get a finished design out of it. You can poke around over here to see some of the designs that are in progress. (There are others being developed behind the scenes!)

If you want something for immediate use, C3G is probably the wrong place to be looking. Though I suppose there isn't really a 'right' place these days.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 11:15 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexH12 View Post
There isn’t really a place to easily make C3G-esque cards, but there is a website out there where you can type the stats in and it’ll put it on a classic scape card. Won’t get you the picture of the mini on the card though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy