Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 15th, 2016, 07:21 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Lazy Orang's Classic Customs

Very nice card - although I hafta zoom in quite a bit just to read the tiny text.

Just out of curiosity, are you planning on uploading any Customs that aren't part of Dr. Goomonkey's customs contests?

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 16th, 2016, 07:18 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Yes, but the only ones that are presently completed are:

a) part of large and presently incomplete planned waves/sets, or
b) Superscape customs and a bad fit for this thread.

It will probably be mainly contest customs for a while, though I may come up with an occasional standalone, but a large wave is in progress.

Glad you like Dreg!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 16th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
With massive thanks to mac122, Dreg Mera finally has a card again!
And, thanks to DaniLoche, there are now two!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 3rd, 2016, 04:05 PM
Hard as ice

Re: Lazy Orang's Classic Customs - X-Series Cryo Centurion

Custom Exclusive Pack Three: Cold and Soulless
Spoiler Alert!

~ Lazy Orang, making acknowledgement to @Soundwarp SG-1 for the General. The Tome may take a little while for me to put up.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; October 3rd, 2016 at 10:17 AM.
Old July 3rd, 2016, 04:45 PM
Hard as ice

The Tome of X-Series Cryo Centurion

The Tome of X-Series Cryo Centurion

Custom Set Three
Cold and Soulless

(Card by @Dr.Goomonkey .)
Homeworld: Isadora

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Legacy set.
Its model number and name are #037-039 / Mr. Freeze.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Batman: Alpha set.
Its model number and name are #023 / Mr. Freeze.

Card Text
Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio

Spoiler Alert!

Rulings, Clarifications and Errata
Spoiler Alert!

Combinations and Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Immunities, Benefits and Weaknesses
Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; June 28th, 2018 at 06:38 AM.
Old October 3rd, 2016, 10:16 AM
Hard as ice

A bit late for Autumn Equinox, but I suspect I'm the only one here who actually cares about that, so here we go! Here's the card from the last of Dr.Goomonkey's contests - the first squad I've posted on here. I'm actually pretty happy with these guys - they aren't competitive, but they feel like a good, fun, thematic squad, at least to me.

Custom Exclusive Pack Four: Autumn Harvest
Spoiler Alert!

~ Lazy Orang, making acknowledgement to @Soundwarp SG-1 for the General and the Homeworld. The Tome may take a little while for me to put up.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 3rd, 2016, 10:52 AM
Hard as ice

The Tome of Myji Coven

Custom Set Four
Autumn Harvest

(Card by @Dr.Goomonkey )
Homeworld: Grymwold

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure from The Base Set.
Its model number and name are #046-048/ Scarecrow.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Streets of Gotham set
Its model number and name are #023/ Scarecrow.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Unleashed set
Its model number and name are #023-026/ Scarecrow.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Unleashed set
Its model number and name are #208/ Jonathan Crane.

Card Text

Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; December 13th, 2018 at 05:52 PM.
Old April 5th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Hard as ice

Re: Lazy Orang's Classic Customs - Dr. Gudruna Vogt

Eternity lies ahead of us, and behind. Have you drunk your fill?
-- Lady Deirdre Skye ,"Conversations With Planet"

(Sorry, couldn't help myself - niche computer game reference. Haven't actually played it yet, but I've heard lots of good things about it from my brother, and it sounds fascinating.)

Anyway, that out of nowhere quote actually serves a purpose - introducing my latest creation for this thread! As you may have noticed, the last of Dr.Goomonkey's custom contests just closed - while I didn't win, I was quite happy with my entry.

The moment I saw that the figure was a brain on legs, I immediately knew I wanted to try to do something creative with it. I chose not to go the psychic control/warfare route, as that felt a tad obvious to me and, while this may have something to do with playing C3G as well as classic, I don't feel like the game's lacking in that department anyway. Taking inspiration from what my brother's said about some of the themes of Alpha Centauri (the game I took the earlier quote from), the First Ones of Babylon 5 and Doctor Manhattan, I decided to try creating someone who had used science to transcend her humanity - to unshackle her mind and see the universe in ways we couldn't even comprehend. Unlike most of the prior examples, however, in her case, she is lacking raw power, and, when transcending at the cost of her body, was left as only a walking brain for her physical form.
The first power I worked out for her was I See It All - I wanted something to represent her consciousness being unbound, unconfined, her ability to see the universe for how it truly is and observe things others cannot. Since the intricacies sub-atomic particles and star stuff are probably of little significance in a bloody Heroscape confrontation, I decided to represent this idea by allowing her to view an opponent's Order Marker or any glyph on the battlefield, granting you valuable information. Instantaneous Calculation is intended to represent the unfettered intellect previously mentioned, while also depicting her sheer, unnatural intelligence, following the experiment which made her what she is. It is heavily based on 12th Level Intellect from C3G's Brainiac, and, in my experience, makes her a fun, useful and strategic support unit, and really sells her theme - she can make use of her transcendent nature to affect the battle in small but significant ways throughout the game, while not getting personally involved. Mental Shield is straight-up stolen from C3G, and just gives her immunity from Mind Control - such minor mental tricks are nothing to her now. Her range of three is meant to represent a certain degree of psychic power - in fact, I imagine that she communicates telepathically now, on account of her lack of vocal chords.
The name Gudruna is a female German name I found meaning Divine Knowledge - it seemed fitting for the character. Vogt is a surname meaning... bailiff. Yeah, no deep meaning behind that one, she just needed a surname.

Let me know what you think.

Custom Pack Five: Transcendent Thought
Spoiler Alert!

~ Lazy Orang, making acknowledgement to @Soundwarp SG-1 for the General.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 5th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Hard as ice

The Tome of Dr. Gudruna Vogt

The Tome of Dr. Gudruna Vogt

Custom Set Five
Transcendent Thought

(Card by @Dr.Goomonkey )
Homeworld: Earth

The figure used for this unit is a Pathfinder figure from the Lost Coast set.
Its model number and name are #07/ Id Stalker.

Card Text

Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; January 7th, 2018 at 08:34 AM.
Old April 5th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like using the entire brain for the green LoS. She probably won't move from the start zone since both powers don't require taking a turn with her. That almost sort of makes sense for a being that's above the physical, thematically.

BTW, I'm sure you've already noticed, but Mental Shield should be in all-caps on the Army Card.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 5th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I like using the entire brain for the green LoS. She probably won't move from the start zone since both powers don't require taking a turn with her. That almost sort of makes sense for a being that's above the physical, thematically.

BTW, I'm sure you've already noticed, but Mental Shield should be in all-caps on the Army Card.

~TAF
Yeah, I did - I didn't do the card, Dr.Goomonkey kindly did it for me for the contest and it didn't seem right to get anal-retentive over little details like that.

Thank you, btw! Yeah, she'll probably never leave the start-zone unless she's all you have left - probably won't get an OM, save the X for I See It All - but she's a lot of fun and you have to think tactically about when to use Instantaneous Calculation. A couple of times in only one game I found myself wishing I hadn't used it early in the round.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 6th, 2017, 01:02 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

This got one of my three precious votes! I really like how you've carried the theme from the bio through to the powers, and I'm a sucker for OM-less abilities. 90 seems about right. Defense of 4 seems high for a naked tiny brain on chicken legs, but I guess she's using her amazing powers of calculation to dodge attacks. Reminds me of Amadeus Cho from the comics.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards