Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 1st, 2022, 06:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played Rising Sun last night for the first time in a few years. As a result we kind of needed to relearn how to play as we played and I made some big mistakes during the Spring phase. Still had a lot of fun playing the game though and wish I could get more games in more frequently. I really think it could shine as a game for my group once everyone was a veteran of how it plays.
Old May 2nd, 2022, 12:48 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Played Rising Sun last night for the first time in a few years. As a result we kind of needed to relearn how to play as we played and I made some big mistakes during the Spring phase. Still had a lot of fun playing the game though and wish I could get more games in more frequently. I really think it could shine as a game for my group once everyone was a veteran of how it plays.
I still haven't got my kickstarter copy to the table once. I'm jealous. Though have got in a handful of games of Rum and Bones Second tide in. I'm happy to say that I had finally picked up all of the boosters for both Season 1 and 2 of the game including all the kickstarter exclusives including the "Zee the Poet Tyrant". Also happy to say that I finally finished painting the entire collection of them. Only took 5 years of off and on painting time. All without out the uses of contrast or speed paint. I can't wait to get my speed paint in that I ordered though. I'm gearing up to get painting my Zombicide Black plague and Green Horde kickstarter boxes next with the help of the speedpaint.
Old May 2nd, 2022, 12:55 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Just finished two games of Glory to Rome, one of my three favorite games of all time (the other two being Heroscape, of course, and War of the Ring.)
Old May 2nd, 2022, 08:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
I still haven't got my kickstarter copy to the table once. I'm jealous. Though have got in a handful of games of Rum and Bones Second tide in. I'm happy to say that I had finally picked up all of the boosters for both Season 1 and 2 of the game including all the kickstarter exclusives including the "Zee the Poet Tyrant". Also happy to say that I finally finished painting the entire collection of them. Only took 5 years of off and on painting time. All without out the uses of contrast or speed paint. I can't wait to get my speed paint in that I ordered though. I'm gearing up to get painting my Zombicide Black plague and Green Horde kickstarter boxes next with the help of the speedpaint.

And I'm jealous of you as I've only played Rum & Bones once since getting it way back when. Plus I haven't been very productive on the painting miniatures front. My one friend was giving me a hard time on Saturday night about not having painted up some of the monsters from the Rising Sun game. The sculpts are just incredible.
Old May 2nd, 2022, 09:14 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Played this weekend:

Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza: Funny filler game.
Coloretto: Good classic filler. Won a close game with 4 opponents in the high-20s to my 32.
Kill Doctor Lucky: Had heard of this many times over the years but knew nothing about it. Lots of silly flavor, but interesting set of mechanics. Easy to learn, more difficult to execute your plan properly. Ended up killing the old man with the civil war cannon.
Queen's Gambit: I remember definitely not being able to convince my parents to spend the money on this when it came out when I was a kid. Getting the chance to play 4-player, my partner and I agreed we had to have Obi-Wan, so we were the light side. Good mechanics with solid interplay (not surprising given the designers), a little on the long side. We basically kept our strategy even between the battlefields and tried to win the duel. Once we did, Obi-Wan sliced his way all the way through the palace and into the throne room, which we were able to secure and lock down without the possibility of droids re-entering.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 2nd, 2022, 10:24 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Return to Dark Tower (we almost won!) Also Dungeon Scrawlers: Heroes of Undermountain (I won as the wizard).

Old May 3rd, 2022, 03:40 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:

And I'm jealous of you as I've only played Rum & Bones once since getting it way back when. Plus I haven't been very productive on the painting miniatures front. My one friend was giving me a hard time on Saturday night about not having painted up some of the monsters from the Rising Sun game. The sculpts are just incredible.
I will say that over that last handful of years I have played quite a few games of Rum and Bones and mostly Rum and Bones Second Tide. I know I've played every faction at least once. I played the vikings once, but all the others I have played quite a lot. With all the different Heroes and Mercenaries it really can be a different game every time. Funny thing is, I haven't played all the characters yet. I actually have a chart of all the crews and heroes, and we have been marking them off when we play games, that way, they cannot be used again until all the other heroes get used at least once. I started this not long ago when I had the end of painting in my sights. We generally random roll our crew and sometimes our heroes. We have been cycling the crews used to just like the heroes. Its super fun.

Yes, the minis for Rising sun, and Ankh, and Blood Rage are all great. Thats generally the reason I have bought them. I need to make an effort to get out those manuals, learn the rules, and get them to the table.
Old May 3rd, 2022, 03:24 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Here's a link to a great recent BGG thread of love for Rising Sun:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/285...ase-its-legacy
Old June 1st, 2022, 10:33 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

May gaming:

Kids Create Absurdity
Shut the Box x 2
Magic the Gathering x 5
Marvel Champions x 29
Dragon Dice x 19
Tiny Epic Dungeons
Batman Love Letter x 2
Dungeon Mayhem x 2
Roll For Adventure
Gruff
Flashpoint Fire and Rescue
Myth x 5
Ashes Rise of the Phoenixborn
Hour of Need x 5
Mercs
Heroscape
Dungeon Dice

I went up to Con of Heroes in MN with a buddy of mine this month. It was like Con of the Rings but for Marvel Champions. It was a good time. We got 20 games in over 2.5 days. I was a little surprised that we seemed to be the only ones playing everything on Expert 2 Standard 2. I do think Con of the Rings is better but I may just be more biased towards LotR LCG. I also received Hour of Need this month. It's a part of the MDS games that the Sadler brothers designed with Blacklist Games. It's got a superhero theme and has been fun to play.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old June 6th, 2022, 09:25 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just played my first two games of Star Wars Legion.
Not bad but comparatively complex to Heroscape. My youngest is enjoying this so I'll keep at it.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; June 6th, 2022 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Prefer Bloodbowl as well...but still a decent game.
Old June 7th, 2022, 04:33 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Just played my first two games of Star Wars Legion.
Not bad but comparatively complex to Heroscape. My youngest is enjoying this so I'll keep at it.
Keep at the legion. I absolutely love it. It gets a bit easier after a few games. I have the maximum you can take for just about every unit you can take in the game for all four factions on a grand army scale. They are also all about done being painted. A few thousand almost. I'm currently waiting for my shadow syndicate core box to ship that I pre-ordered and also have my 3d printers just about ready to print the rest of my merc armies when I get around to it. There are some great tools to use for legion. The first is legionquickguide, it has an easy to use alphabetical index that can be used on a phone or computer to quickly reference whatever you need. Keywords, rules, etc. Second thing I recommend is tabletopadmiral.com where you can do all your list building and save your progress under an account that you can make for free. Hope that helps and enjoy. Legion is one of my favorite games for sure.
Old June 30th, 2022, 07:52 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Batman love letter made choke on my smoke. I love the original love letter game. I can't believe they made a Batman version but thrilled about it. Strange mix of emotions.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games