Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old February 21st, 2022, 01:51 PM

Knox rolls all skulls baby! Knox rolls all skulls baby! Knox rolls all skulls baby! Knox rolls all skulls baby! Knox rolls all skulls baby!
Buying a Resin Printer: Advice?

Hey all,
I've done some research and I'm close to pulling the trigger on an AnyCubic Photon Mono SE Printer with the Wash and Cure Machine 2.0. I can get this + 1KG of plant based resin for $371. I'm wondering if anyone has experience purchasing resin printers and if so whether this is a good deal or not. I'm in no rush, so if better deals often come available I'd be happy to wait. If I end up waiting 6 months to a year to plunge into 3D printing I'd be OK with that.

Anyways, I'm probably looking to buy this in the next week if nothing changes so I'd appreciate any advice you have
Old February 21st, 2022, 03:04 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Buying a Resin Printer: Advice?

@TREX is the man to ask.
Old February 21st, 2022, 04:23 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Wash and Cure Machine is totally optional imo, I do not have one and have been happy with my results.

AnyCubic Photon line is a good choice, and if you can get it in the $200-$250 range that’s a good deal.

Old February 21st, 2022, 10:26 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I’m still rocking my anycubic photon original printer. 1 bought it for 170 bucks on a sale, I’ve replaced the screen once for 30 bucks and have printed a few thousand minis. Generally I would recommend any of the anycubic printers up to and including the mono x. You can go bigger or more resolution but in most cases you wouldn’t need to in this hobby. I’ve printed so many minis that I’ve been on a hiatus for a bit because I was out of room to store them and had too many to keep up on painting. As far as resin goes, it’s brittle. More brittle than filament. To counter that you need to use stronger resins or mix in resins. I prefer sirayatech fast abs resin. It’s about three times stronger than the average stuff and costs a little more but worth it. For even more strength you could mix in some tenacious but that stuff is literally double the cost. I’ve cleaned my models in a simple larger Tupperware container filled with IPA with no problems for a few years now changing it out ever so often when it becomes too clouded.
Old February 25th, 2022, 03:09 PM

Knox rolls all skulls baby! Knox rolls all skulls baby! Knox rolls all skulls baby! Knox rolls all skulls baby! Knox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Iím still rocking my anycubic photon original printer. 1 bought it for 170 bucks on a sale, Iíve replaced the screen once for 30 bucks and have printed a few thousand minis. Generally I would recommend any of the anycubic printers up to and including the mono x. You can go bigger or more resolution but in most cases you wouldnít need to in this hobby. Iíve printed so many minis that Iíve been on a hiatus for a bit because I was out of room to store them and had too many to keep up on painting. As far as resin goes, itís brittle. More brittle than filament. To counter that you need to use stronger resins or mix in resins. I prefer sirayatech fast abs resin. Itís about three times stronger than the average stuff and costs a little more but worth it. For even more strength you could mix in some tenacious but that stuff is literally double the cost. Iíve cleaned my models in a simple larger Tupperware container filled with IPA with no problems for a few years now changing it out ever so often when it becomes too clouded.
Thanks a ton for the advice! After doing more research it looks like I'll have to move out of a dorm room before I'm able to get a printer due to the fumes. But this was helpful nonetheless!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing