Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 18th, 2010, 07:02 PM

demon_llama has disabled reputation
Lawton/Fort Sill NHSD 2010

We're back! For our 3rd year for National Heroscape Day.

Saturday, October 16th. 12:30 PM
Carolina Comics
305 SW “C” AVE
(580)-353-5164

The Rules:
350 Points - Classic HeroScape, All Waves & Releases-NO Customs/Home Prints/Proxies Please.
20-Minute Matches. 2 Players In Each Match.
Players Will Compete On Small Sized, Dissimilar Fields.
Tournaments Will Be Run “Direct Rotation” Style Where Everyone Will Get To Play Every Other Player Once. Points Will Be Tracked Per Master Set 3 Rulebook, Page 13 “Scoring.”
“In cases where scoring is necessary, each player scores points for each Army Card with figures still on the battlefield. Score the full points listed on the Army Card, even if there is only one surviving Squad figure.”

Special Tournament Rule- “None”:
What Are You Going To Play?

...the rich
(My HEX Game Files @ http://www.scribd.com/_the_rich)
Lawton/Fort Sill Heroscape (monthly?) Tournament:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...506#post951506
Old October 17th, 2010, 11:04 AM

demon_llama has disabled reputation
Re: Lawton/Fort Sill NHSD 2010

WOW! Our 3rd NHSD Tournament for our little town and what a blast it was! We had action, adventure, fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles… ...oops, got a little carried away there (sorry Peter Falk). Anyway, it was a lot of fun. The tournament ran as a direct rotation, with everyone just shifting to the next seat. Low points (350) and a short time limit (20 minute matches) made for some realllllllllly quick games (in one case, a player scored a total kill in about 2 minutes! Talk about lucky dice). Everyone really seemed to have a blast.

Anyway, out Top 5 today were:

Tory (9-1). He ran straight Elementals with Kurok to control the show.
Michael L (8-2). Michael ran with his favorites of Sir Gilbert and Sir Denrick, backed by a stack of Knights!
Robert (7-3). He went simple, Iron Man and an Iron Golem! Most of his battles were fast!
Grundypepper (7-3). Another Elementalist (Kurok) with a stack of Fire Elementals.
Dwain (7-3). Kaemon Awa, Kozuke Samurai and Ashigaru Harquebus once again proved how strong they are.

Now I have to tell you about one of our gang, Butch is an amazing player. He walks in on the day of the tournaments, buys a few boosters, sits down and creates an army, usually without really knowing what they can do. All too often in games I hear him say “Oh, I didn’t know he could do that. Oh well.” In the last year or so of these monthly tournaments we run up at the store, Butch has won only about a half-dozen games, yet he is ALWAYS there with a smile and a friendly attitude! A great sportsman. That’s why it was so great to present him with our Fellowship Award this year (as voted on by the group).

I would apologize for a lack of photo’s, my camera conked out on me shortly after I started taking snaps. Guess it’s time to replace it.

I would also like to throw out a big “HI” to Kevin L, Larry L, James, Sally, Brian, Brin and Sgt. Miller. All regulars who unfortunately could not make the tournament. You were all missed and we look forward to seeing you next month.

Well, until next year (or next month if you come to our local tournaments),

T.T.F.N...

Dad and Daughter in a grudge match! This one was fun to watch.

See the second chap up on the right, playing on the Lava Map with the gal in red? That's our Fellowship Award Winner Butch. The gal he is loosing to is Tearza, another great player.

The Dungeon Map, the bane of Brandon!

And our wonderful host, Ms Karen, and her store manager, Mr Logan.

...the rich
(My HEX Game Files @ http://www.scribd.com/_the_rich)
Lawton/Fort Sill Heroscape (monthly?) Tournament:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...506#post951506
Old October 17th, 2010, 09:17 PM

Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker
Re: Lawton/Fort Sill NHSD 2010

Rich,

That looks like you guys had a ton of fun!

Sorry we (killergoat and I) missed the Tourney, we sure hope to make the next one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day