Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 23rd, 2010, 01:58 PM

GGGames is surprisingly tart
Re: NHSD 10' The Great Cape Scape Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondocksaint View Post
My wife and I will most likly be comming. I think the maps and special rules are great so far.

I am however still concerned about the final map. FFA maps and games by there nature are very had to balance correctly. The final map heavily favors a few units, thus putting many others at a disadvantage. We play tested it and units like the airborne run the map. This is one of the reasons there are no tournment maps with turrets. Also units like Nilfhim and Cyprien are very OP here. On the other side, melee is is very weak and will be at a complete disadvantage to range and flyers.

While a great map and idea for a game day or something fun, I feel it has no place in a tournment setting and rather a finals game should take place instead.

To be honest, I feel bad if I am the only one who feels this way. We are the new people to your group and I don't want you to change your tournment format on our account! I like to see balance in tournment games but we are comming up there to have fun and meet new people. I just felt it important to point out the several pit falls of that final map!
Thank you for pointing out, The uploaded final map should have had in the discription about the outer edge of the arena is off limits to the players. They may fly over but may not land on the outer ring. The turrets are available to units. AE I believe to be a unit that either dominates or fails, but if you think its a good unit for a FFA give it a try. As far as units being OP, when isn't cypriem, neilflm, Flying Ranged units not have an advantage over meele units. We as a club and many of the players you'll be playing against have alot of expeience with team and FFA games. We don't want to have a tournment just like every other being held. I think if you join us you'll have a pleasant experience in a different format then your used to.

Pete Washburn
GG Games President
Old October 16th, 2010, 11:51 AM

GGGames is surprisingly tart
Re: NHSD 10' The Great Cape Scape Florida

We are off and running. Lots of games. Lots of Prizes. Good luck you'll need it...

"quote Smash TV"

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day