Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 24th, 2013, 07:44 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The C3G Book of Frost Giant

So, this ruling would apply to any power that doesn't require LoS or taking a turn on the battlefield, then? Nick Fury could still activate a hero and some agents? All Bonding squads/heroes that bond before their turn still work?

I have to admit it seems weird to me. The weirdest effect I can come up with is something I already pointed out in an ERB comment about Alternate Realities.
Old October 24th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
So, this ruling would apply to any power that doesn't require LoS or taking a turn on the battlefield, then? Nick Fury could still activate a hero and some agents? All Bonding squads/heroes that bond before their turn still work?

I have to admit it seems weird to me. The weirdest effect I can come up with is something I already pointed out in an ERB comment about Alternate Realities.
Nope. "Instead of taking a turn" does require you to be able to take a turn. "Before taking a turn" is just an indicator of timing and doesn't require you to take the turn (it's like "before moving" - you don't have to actually move). So Fury wouldn't get to bond, since he's "instead of taking a turn." Does that distinction make sense?

But any "before taking a turn" bonding would still work.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 24th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

Nope. "Instead of taking a turn" does require you to be able to take a turn. "Before taking a turn" is just an indicator of timing and doesn't require you to take the turn (it's like "before moving" - you don't have to actually move). So Fury wouldn't get to bond, since he's "instead of taking a turn." Does that distinction make sense?

But any "before taking a turn" bonding would still work.
From this ruling I was able to compile a list of at least some powers that might still work.

Shadow Thief's Dimensiometer and Shadow Theft
Riddler's Befuddling Tactics and Riddle Me This
Joker's Reorganized Chaos and It's Just Not the Same...
Ozymandias' Smartest Man in the World
Mysterio Holograph's Holographic Projections
Mister Terrific's T-Sphere Tactics
Mister Mxyzptlk's Antagonizing Trickster
Malice's Bubble Suffocation (if the bubble is placed before she is encased in the ice rock)
Doctor Manhattan's Molecular Teleportation
Dr. Fate's Teleportation Spell

And here is a couple more that I am not so sure would still work
Chronos' Time Bandit - This one states "after taking a turn"
Skrull Infiltrator's Secret Invasion - This one requires a figure to be destroyed. A figure within the ice rock could be destroyed by rolling for Frost Bite.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old October 24th, 2013, 10:31 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'll have to take your word on it (since it's that or going through and looking at each power myself! ).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 24th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For the figures with a teleport power, what happens to the ice rock when they teleport out? Does it stay on the battlefield or is it destroyed. If it stays on the battlefield, then the Frost Giant cannot use their power again unless someone takes the time to smash it.

My current reward points
Old October 24th, 2013, 10:56 PM

Which powers involve teleporting? I took a quick look at Shadow Thief's powers, and neither of those would work, leading me to believe that you might be evaluating under false premises here.

DIMENSIOMETER triggers "after taking a turn with Shadow Thief" which would require you to actually take a turn, IMO, and SHADOW THEFT requires Shadow Thief to be on his own card and not destroyed, so it wouldn't trigger when he was frozen.

Old October 24th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Which powers involve teleporting? I took a quick look at Shadow Thief's powers, and neither of those would work, leading me to believe that you might be evaluating under false premises here.

DIMENSIOMETER triggers "after taking a turn with Shadow Thief" which would require you to actually take a turn, IMO, and SHADOW THEFT requires Shadow Thief to be on his own card and not destroyed, so it wouldn't trigger when he was frozen.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 24th, 2013, 11:00 PM

Likewise, Doctor Fate's TELEPORTATION SPELL wouldn't work, because Doctor Fate wouldn't be able to move and attack, and it's an "instead of moving and attacking" power, not a "before moving and attacking" power.

I'd have to look up Doctor Manhattan to check him (interestingly, if you control Doctor Manhattan, you can pretty easily just declare you're Huge or Tiny and not be frozen in the first place).

Old October 24th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Ninja Playtester

Quote:

If nobody else, then Mxyzplk should work as his power is activated on another figures turn.
"If you roll 17 or higher and Mister Mxyzptlk is not on the battlefield, place him on any unoccpuied space adjacent to the chosen Unique Hero."
I'm not sure if Fates Teleport would work as it says "instead of moving and attacking". Is this the same as "Instead of taking a turn"?

My current reward points
Old October 24th, 2013, 11:22 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_gurglo View Post
Quote:

If nobody else, then Mxyzplk should work as his power is activated on another figures turn.
"If you roll 17 or higher and Mister Mxyzptlk is not on the battlefield, place him on any unoccpuied space adjacent to the chosen Unique Hero."
I'm not sure if Fates Teleport would work as it says "instead of moving and attacking". Is this the same as "Instead of taking a turn"?
I believe the correct ruling is that, "no, it is not exactly the same." Basically, any power that allows Fate to move and attack allows him to choose to use his Teleport instead. In no way does this trigger when off the board because a) he can't get a turn (which would give him a move and attack phase), and b) he is out of clear sight and not within any range (he's off the board) to allow another player to activate him for a turn. The key here is that Mr. Fantastic's power says "before taking a turn" which designates the time immediately between reveling an OM and taking a turn, which when he arrives at that step he can't do, so he loses the turn. So the ruling is that something may take place before a lost turn, but not instead of, or during a lost turn. Make sense?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old October 24th, 2013, 11:43 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I just feel like this is a big can of worms you are opening here for no reason. I would be more comfortable with a ruling that a card's powers only work when the figure is not on the battlefield if the power specifically states as much. Simple and clear.
Old October 25th, 2013, 12:47 AM

FWIW, there are a lot of other powers that either reference "before taking a turn" or don't explicitly reference taking a turn with the figure at all.
  • Baron von Strucker's Intelligence Network
  • Killwog's Green Lantern Leadership (although its effects will not apply, unless we're considering him "in play")
  • Kingpin's Organized Crime
  • Lobo's blah blah healing factor
  • Mad Thinker's Mind Games
  • MrF's Fantastic Leader
  • Red Ghost's Red Ape Command
  • Mongul's Warworld's Orbital Assault (if Mongul's champion takes a turn first)
  • Mad Hatter's hat trick
  • Black King's Hellfire Club Influence
  • CapAm's Avengers Assemble
  • Sage's Telepathic Tactician and Commander Roger's Master Tactician
  • Braniac5's 12th level Intellect strategies
  • Wizards Criminal Leadership
  • Every normal bonding power

I'm sure there are more.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library