Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old September 15th, 2021, 06:34 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Suggestions for the C3V

This may seem silly, but the most recent pathfinder set has a leprechaun in it. It's not exactly penguins with machine guns but it's pretty great. I think he'd make for a perfect special release on St. Patrick's Day. Maybe Ullar because uhh... green or then again Leprechauns are evil so maybe Utgar? There's 20+ available on Miniature Market, 50 on Troll & Toad, and 8 on Coolstuffinc. It's a freshly released set too so more will be coming.
Old September 15th, 2021, 11:20 AM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
This may seem silly, but the most recent pathfinder set has a leprechaun in it. It's not exactly penguins with machine guns but it's pretty great. I think he'd make for a perfect special release on St. Patrick's Day. Maybe Ullar because uhh... green or then again Leprechauns are evil so maybe Utgar? There's 20+ available on Miniature Market, 50 on Troll & Toad, and 8 on Coolstuffinc. It's a freshly released set too so more will be coming.
He would serve well as a Rogue with the Merry Men
Old September 15th, 2021, 04:36 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreThaGiant View Post
Quote:
He would serve well as a Rogue with the Merry Men
I messed around with the amount of the figure I could add to my cart on Miniature Market to see just how many they had since 20+ is pretty ambiguous, they currently have 72. Noble Knight has 3 of this mini aswell. There's a lot of him cheap to get on Ebay.
Old October 6th, 2021, 10:12 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

No love for the Leprechaun? You could give him a new treasure glyph called Pot of Gold and make him drop it when he takes damage, with all his abilities being tied to the pot of gold. He would be jolly with it but crazy without it.
Old October 6th, 2021, 10:56 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
No love for the Leprechaun? You could give him a new treasure glyph called Pot of Gold and make him drop it when he takes damage, with all his abilities being tied to the pot of gold. He would be jolly with it but crazy without it.
I love the Leprechaun. I meant to reply a while ago, but we do really appreciate the suggestions here!
Old October 11th, 2021, 07:18 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
No love for the Leprechaun?
Your ideas for it are interesting, but the miniature itself is, let's say, "aesthetically challenged." For me anyway, the combination of poorly fitting parts, garish colors, and extra-sloppy painting would lead me to hope it doesn't become part of the VC canon. It has that "cheap common heroclix" look where things like hands are basically featureless blobs of plastic covered in paint from the surrounding objects. (Again, nothing negative against your design thoughts, just the mini's bad DNA and crappy hygiene.)

Sorry to be a downer... but you asked, so I opined.

Yes, I do realize this is why I don't get invited to the parties.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old October 11th, 2021, 08:22 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It does appear to be a smaller fig. Almost goblin size. Do the detes matter much at this size? Since it's so small, it kind of has to have that low res blobby look. From a distance its not that bad.
I'll mention that the googly eyes on the red coat c3v heroes, Chen Tang and Lao Xin were big turn offs to me for a while, but eventually warmed up to them.
Old October 12th, 2021, 12:59 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
Do the detes matter much at this size?
Yes, details matter at any size. Good gameplay is always relevant. Good aesthetics are always relevant.

You don't have to agree, of course, and I do understand that if we use something crappy long enough we start to get used to it. (Although I will never get "used to" those ridiculous googly clix eyes that often aren't even slapped on the face in the right position.) But why should we have to force ourselves to get used to low quality? There must be tens of thousands of figures out there if not more, and with resin printing finally becoming affordable, our options for better miniatures are about to bust wide open.

Rather than accept a low standard that says poor craftsmanship is good enough for the game we love, maybe now is the time to look ahead and start to ponder what the future of the game might look like as we throw off the limitations of shoddy clixware?

Dream bigger.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old October 12th, 2021, 01:55 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I understand and believe in that philosophy. Just raising some points to defend some of the reasoning here.
If someone has the ability to paint their own resin figures, I don’t see why they wouldn’t be able to correct the eyes (something I will likely do now). I only wish they corrected them for the card photos (could still be done as an alt). I do enjoy what they bring to the table though, as I do any other Vc’s.

As availability for a lot of minis slims, it’s not always easy as it may seems to find VC worthy sculpts, not that every one used thus far could be considered qualified. However, there shouldn’t be limitation on ideas for all that is available.

At the end of the day, it’s up to us what we choose to include in our collection.
Contrarily, I’m in opposition of the few broken designs from classic and will never choose to play them except for special occasions.
Old October 13th, 2021, 05:56 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
Do the detes matter much at this size?
There must be tens of thousands of figures out there if not more, and with resin printing finally becoming affordable, our options for better miniatures are about to bust wide open.
I will warn anyone who is buying a resin printer of one thing. It's cool and the minis it produces are wonderful, but they are not as good as the original figures. We can scan them to the absolute best of our abilities but they will never be perfect, nor will our paint jobs be perfect. Plus the plastics and rubbers of the original figures are MUCH more durable than resin. On small human sized figures the arms and weapons will snap off easily if you are not being careful when handling them. I wouldn't recommend resin printed miniatures to anyone who has kids, they just don't hold up to heavy handling. Plus you have to deal with all the fumes, fumes suck and they stink up the house if not properly ventilated. I love my resin minis because they have filled in all the gaps in my collection, but I am still collecting to get the real minis I had to print copies of.
Old October 13th, 2021, 10:05 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I mean... scape paint jobs and mini quality are hardly top of the line as it is. They dont compare to high detail minis on the market now. They definitely were pretty durable though, preferring to bend rather than snap but if you're looking for something that you dont have to be careful with then minis and cards arent the go to lol.
Old October 15th, 2021, 01:00 PM

Another suggested figures flooding.

Outsider / Children of the Dark Star Hero
Spoiler Alert!

Large Beast Demon
Spoiler Alert!

Aquilla Kyrie Hero
Spoiler Alert!

Vydar Kyrie Hero
Spoiler Alert!

Black Gryphillin
Spoiler Alert!

Gryphin Rider
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs