Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old July 1st, 2012, 02:12 PM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Elaria the Pale

Ok, how about this:
Since a figure is not required to move during its turn, a player may choose to not move a squad figure. Period. If this wasn't the case, Cyberclaw wouldn't work. Thus, a player moving a squad figure that is adjacent to Elaria the Pale must clarify that they are moving the figure zero spaces.

Now, my only question is whether or not powers that activate after moving and before attacking can be activated if Cyberclaw'd.
Old July 1st, 2012, 03:14 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Yes, moving zero and free-flipping also trigger Slippery.
I think we should take that one to the C3V Rules Team thread as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old July 1st, 2012, 04:09 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

I just played a game using an army I built around Elaria. I played:

060 Elaria
200 Microcorp Agents x2
120 Nakita Agents
130 Knanti Smasher (My custom I was testing. He's not tricky, but he was the heavy hitter in my army, but had no direct synergy.)
510 Total

My opponent played:
160 Su-Bak-Na
030 Nagrubs
200 Dividers x4
120 Stingers x2
510 Total

I put my first OM on Elaria to position her. I spent the rest of the round positioning the Nakitas in key spots within 6 spaces of Elaria. The Microcorp and Knanti moved in next to fight off the Marro. The Marro focused on the Knanti causing him to die after two rounds of concentrated attacks. All of my agents remained in Elaria's Aura the entire game; there was no need to move out of it. The Microcorp made 4 saves that game, one with Elaria's help, by naturally rolling a 15, 15, 15, and 14, go Stealth Suit! In contrast, the Nakitas failed every roll. The Tricky Army won with Elaria and four Microcorp remaining.

Overall, Elaria was easy to position with 6 move and her 6 space aura. Queen of Thieves only helped once, saving a 33 point figure from Su-Bak-Na's wrath allowing him to kill SBN the next turn. Slippery 6 never activated because she was able to stay back from the action using the Knanti and Nakitas as a screen. I'd say she's worth her points and a fun figure to draft.

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
~Murphy's Laws of Combat
Old July 1st, 2012, 04:44 PM

Therion knows what's in an order marker Therion knows what's in an order marker

Sharwin and Shiori are listed as receiving benefit from Queen of Thieves, but they don't have d20-based abilities.

This unit looks decent; hard to use properly, but that only makes it more fun.

Patience Drain
After loading and before posting, roll the twenty-sided die.
On a 1, Therion makes a long and/or irritating post.
On a 2-15, Therion may not post this turn.
On a 16+, post normally.
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:14 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Yes, moving zero and free-flipping also trigger Slippery.

You've just got to ask: Is this figure taking a turn and has it ended its movement? If yes, check if it's adjacent to Elaria. If it is, she gets to roll for Slippery.

P.S. Remember that Slippery only works against squad figures.
It looks like I spoke erroneously on this. The C3V Rules Team is taking a look now and seeing what needs to be done. Sorry about that, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 8th, 2012, 02:11 PM

Scaper Nerd is surprisingly tart

I think Elaria is what Shiori should have been like. I really like her for her cost. I think compared to other heros in her price range (DED, Zetacron, Shotgun, and some others), she looks like a lot of fun to play. She is a lot like Isamu except she can only use her power once per turn, and she has some more life. I really like her. Good job C3V!

Scaper Nerd is Sharwin Wildborn...
in the Tower of Agony..
Old July 8th, 2012, 02:20 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I'll be playing these armies in Mitonsoul Unleashed! on Friday.
Black Elarians
210 Drow x 3
160 Sonlen
150 Cyprien
120 Nakitas
60 Elaria
750, 15 spaces

Imperial Elarians
200 Ararshara
200 Romans x 4
100 Marcus
100 Syvarris
90 Ne-Gok-Sa
60 Elaria
750, 24 spaces
Old July 25th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Am I correct in thinking that if a Nakita Agent (for example) that was more than 6 spaces away from Elaria used Engagement Strike, she would still get the bonus, as long as at least one other Nakita Agent was within 6 spaces of Elaria?

Old July 25th, 2012, 02:26 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Am I correct in thinking that if a Nakita Agent (for example) that was more than 6 spaces away from Elaria used Engagement Strike, she would still get the bonus, as long as at least one other Nakita Agent was within 6 spaces of Elaria?
This isn't official, but I would think that the actual figure receiving the bonus would need to be within 6 clear sight spaces of Elaria. Therefore, I do not think the Nakita Agent in your hypothetical situation would receive the bonus from queen of thieves.

Has there been a definitive ruling regarding if slippery 6 is triggered by a squad figure who starts its turn adjacent to Elaria and "moves" zero spaces?
Old July 25th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
Quote:
This isn't official, but I would think that the actual figure receiving the bonus would need to be within 6 clear sight spaces of Elaria. Therefore, I do not think the Nakita Agent in your hypothetical situation would receive the bonus from queen of thieves.
That's not at all what the card says, by my reading. However, I agree that that does make more sense, so maybe I'm reading wrong...

Old July 26th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I can't read the power in such a way that supports that interpretation. The power states:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Thieves
After rolling the 20-sided die for the Army Card of any figure you control with the Tricky personality within 6 clear sight spaces of Elaria the Pale ...
If the figure is farther away than 6 clear sight spaces, the power doesn't trigger any more than it would if the figure didn't have a Tricky personality, or if you didn't control it. The fact that a completely different figure that happens to use the same Army Card is within 6 clear sight spaces doesn't enter into it. If your ally and you were both using Nakitas, and one of his Nakitas was rolling for Engagement Strike, you wouldn't apply Queen of Thieves then, right? The fact that you happen to have the same Army Card in front of you isn't relevant ... right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
Has there been a definitive ruling regarding if slippery 6 is triggered by a squad figure who starts its turn adjacent to Elaria and "moves" zero spaces?
Ummm ... no. We're still working through it. Don't worry, though: we haven't forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old July 26th, 2012, 12:40 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
I can't read the power in such a way that supports that interpretation. The power states:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Thieves
After rolling the 20-sided die for the Army Card of any figure you control with the Tricky personality within 6 clear sight spaces of Elaria the Pale ...
If the figure is farther away than 6 clear sight spaces, the power doesn't trigger any more than it would if the figure didn't have a Tricky personality, or if you didn't control it. The fact that a completely different figure that happens to use the same Army Card is within 6 clear sight spaces doesn't enter into it. If your ally and you were both using Nakitas, and one of his Nakitas was rolling for Engagement Strike, you wouldn't apply Queen of Thieves then, right? The fact that you happen to have the same Army Card in front of you isn't relevant ... right?
Well, except that the way it's worded.... you could make the argument. You're rolling the 20 sided die for "the army card" of a figure you control within 6. The fact that the figure that triggered that roll is outside of the aura doesn't change the fact that you are rolling the die for a card of a figure within the aura.

You're gonna need to FAQ that one, I think. And what is the intended answer? You can definitely argue it either way, so it'll need an answer.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs