Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old October 27th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3G Public Directory

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
I think that it would make sense to have someone, who is currently and consistently active, to monitor all allies/sidekicks activity and productivity of posts and submit their suggestions to the heroes for review, who would then vote on it when they felt it was time for a promotion, or that someone was ready to be promoted.
The Heroes do that themselves. They watch everything we do on here and nominate us in secret in the Sanctum. The best way to get nominated for a promotion is just to work tirelessly in the group and not ask for a promotion.
: DING :
Well i wasn't asking for one. It was just a suggestion to possibly create more efficiency.
I hear ya, but the last thing we want to do is efficiently promote people to Hero status. We have 9 Heroes currently, and that is a lot. Even if we were to lose 2 of those Heroes (to natural causes ), I think even a 7 Hero membership would be just fine.
See, this is partially the problem. I am not complaining, you guys are fantastic, but this means that even if myself, Adam (who isn't really active around here anymore), or Quozl lived up to hero status, we couldn't get promoted just because there are too many heroes. Now I know having a lot of heroes is a problem, but when you promoted Galahad my thoughts began to change. I think, if, in the future, a sidekick deserves to be a hero, but is denied because of the abundance of heroes, we could try rotations. We would create two groups of heroes that rotated in and out of working in the Inner Sanctum every month or two. That way, the people who've earned their place don't feel bad if they cannot become a hero because of oto many people.
What do you want out of C3G? Fun with super customs? or Ego stroking titles and positions?

I have always just wanted fun with super customs, and I have even moved my self down to Sidekick in the past, because I felt it was best for the group for about 2 months.
Old October 27th, 2010, 06:03 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think that it would make sense to have someone, who is currently and consistently active, to monitor all allies/sidekicks activity and productivity of posts and submit their suggestions to the heroes for review, who would then vote on it when they felt it was time for a promotion, or that someone was ready to be promoted.
The Heroes do that themselves. They watch everything we do on here and nominate us in secret in the Sanctum. The best way to get nominated for a promotion is just to work tirelessly in the group and not ask for a promotion.
: DING :
Well i wasn't asking for one. It was just a suggestion to possibly create more efficiency.
I hear ya, but the last thing we want to do is efficiently promote people to Hero status. We have 9 Heroes currently, and that is a lot. Even if we were to lose 2 of those Heroes (to natural causes ), I think even a 7 Hero membership would be just fine.
See, this is partially the problem. I am not complaining, you guys are fantastic, but this means that even if myself, Adam (who isn't really active around here anymore), or Quozl lived up to hero status, we couldn't get promoted just because there are too many heroes. Now I know having a lot of heroes is a problem, but when you promoted Galahad my thoughts began to change. I think, if, in the future, a sidekick deserves to be a hero, but is denied because of the abundance of heroes, we could try rotations. We would create two groups of heroes that rotated in and out of working in the Inner Sanctum every month or two. That way, the people who've earned their place don't feel bad if they cannot become a hero because of oto many people.
What do you want out of C3G? Fun with super customs? or Ego stroking titles and positions?

I have always just wanted fun with super customs, and I have even moved my self down to Sidekick in the past, because I felt it was best for the group for about 2 months.
That's suprising...

I was just suggesting an idea... noone ever listens to me. All I am saying is that this is a group project (I resorted away from the word community, and you know why is you remember the discussion just prior to going "private"), and the actual members of the group that aren't heroes (mainly pointed at Sidekicks, although I have nothing against the Allies there just seems to be an exceeding number of them) might feel a little left out of the project. I definately feel included, but it seems that after things went "private", the Sidekicks' privelages started wandering away.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Last edited by Scapemage; October 27th, 2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Forgot that period!
Old October 27th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We could move you back down to Ally if that makes you feel better.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 27th, 2010, 06:15 PM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
We could move you back down to Ally if that makes you feel better.

Old October 27th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I was just suggesting an idea... noone ever listens to me. All I am saying is that this is a group project (I resorted away from the word community, and you know why is you remember the discussion just prior to going "private"), and the actual members of the group that aren't heroes (mainly pointed at Sidekicks, although I have nothing against the Allies there just seems to be an exceeding number of them) might feel a little left out of the project. I definately feel included, but it seems that after things went "private", the Sidekicks' privelages started wandering away.
We are listening to you, that's why we're discussing it with you. If we didn't listen, we'd ignore you. But there's a difference between "listening" and "agreeing". A BIG part of why this group works is the specific dynamics between the various Heroes. They each have their strengths and they all get along (I won't say there aren't disagreements, but we learn to overcome them and focus on the project and not personal whims). It's just not possible to rotate people in and out and maintain that kind of dynamic.

Don't think about what C3G can do for you, think about what you can do for C3G!
Old October 27th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
the actual members of the group that aren't heroes (mainly pointed at Sidekicks, although I have nothing against the Allies there just seems to be an exceeding number of them) might feel a little left out of the project.
I don't feel left out as a Sidekick at all. The Sidekick promotion isn't about getting any new power or anything, it is merely just showing your dedication to the project and that the Heroes think you have been doing a good job. Its a huge honor to be promoted to Sidekick, at least for me. I don't feel like I've contributed as much as some of the others, but the Heroes have liked what I have contributed and that makes all the difference. This whole project is not about making yourself feel good (although it certainly does feel good to complete a solid design), but it is about making good custom SuperHeroes/Villains that the community can use and know that they have been tested and worked through almost as much as official units.
Old October 27th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Signature worthy right there!
Old October 27th, 2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
We are listening to you, that's why we're discussing it with you. If we didn't listen, we'd ignore you. But there's a difference between "listening" and "agreeing". A BIG part of why this group works is the specific dynamics between the various Heroes. They each have their strengths and they all get along (I won't say there aren't disagreements, but we learn to overcome them and focus on the project and not personal whims). It's just not possible to rotate people in and out and maintain that kind of dynamic.

Now this is the kind of reply I was looking for, something more relative to my idea.

Old October 27th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
the actual members of the group that aren't heroes (mainly pointed at Sidekicks, although I have nothing against the Allies there just seems to be an exceeding number of them) might feel a little left out of the project.
I don't feel left out as a Sidekick at all. The Sidekick promotion isn't about getting any new power or anything, it is merely just showing your dedication to the project and that the Heroes think you have been doing a good job. Its a huge honor to be promoted to Sidekick, at least for me. I don't feel like I've contributed as much as some of the others, but the Heroes have liked what I have contributed and that makes all the difference. This whole project is not about making yourself feel good (although it certainly does feel good to complete a solid design), but it is about making good Comic customs SuperHeroes/Villains that the community can use and know that they have been tested and worked through almost as much as official units.
I think you meant this, because they won't always be Superhero/Villains (e.g. the Hired Guns)
Old October 27th, 2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I don't feel left out as a Sidekick at all. The Sidekick promotion isn't about getting any new power or anything, it is merely just showing your dedication to the project and that the Heroes think you have been doing a good job. Its a huge honor to be promoted to Sidekick, at least for me. I don't feel like I've contributed as much as some of the others, but the Heroes have liked what I have contributed and that makes all the difference. This whole project is not about making yourself feel good (although it certainly does feel good to complete a solid design), but it is about making good custom SuperHeroes/Villains that the community can use and know that they have been tested and worked through almost as much as official units.
I never said it was about power, which it certainly isn't. I agree with you completely, and I was very excited when I became a Sidekick. You've contributed really well in the past.

I guess people are listening, but they just don't get my tone/direction.

Old October 27th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We get it ... but for the reasons GreyOwl stated, amongst others, we just aren't going for them. So we're teasing you instead.
Also, there's no way I'm going to ask an admin to swap us in and out of the sanctum back and forth every few months. We're lucky enough they gave us these great areas to post in - I'm not about to push it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 27th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Sweet, I made it into someone's sig! (not counting when IAmBatman's said "GreyOwl's C3G Proxy" ).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy