Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old September 6th, 2011, 01:41 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Battlefields of Valhalla Discussion Thread

Congratulations Gamebear!

Whenever I build the maps that use bases for support, I do what lonewolf suggests, and use spare terrain instead (usually some of those extra snow tiles from figure packs). It's nice to know that the map can be built just using the listed packs, but it's not the way I would do it unless I didn't have spare tiles available to work with.

Last edited by dok; September 6th, 2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old September 6th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Congrats, Gamebear! Glad to see another great map enter the BoV--and a BftU as well. Even better.

Last edited by 1Mmirg; September 13th, 2011 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Finally added Bad Moon to the Display Thread
Old September 6th, 2011, 03:40 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Congrats Gamebear!!!

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old September 13th, 2011, 03:59 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Alright Gamebear! Good job

(Finally a BoV map I can build)

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 13th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Congrats, GameBear! I know you're reading, even if you're not posting!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 13th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That's 5 BoV maps made by Gamebear, then?

Take that, Dignan
Old September 13th, 2011, 04:18 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Blacktop by dok

Both reviews of this map by 1Mmirg and Dignan echo most of my feelings about this map, except for one, Raelin.

There are two 'high elevation' dungeon tile areas just outside each start zone that fall within Raelin's aura upon set up. She doesn't have to use any OMs to be in position right off the bat.

The elevation to the left of the SZ doesn't bother me quite as much as the one to the right. Raelin can be placed in the back corner while the ranged troops play the turtle role on the hill and the water patch just in front of the SZ creates a great choke-point to keep the foot sloggers from getting too close too quickly, forcing them to pause in the water or head over the hill.

The other side of the hill is even easier to defend with the Salagmite in the way and another pool of water.

If that one double hex dungeon tile were removed I would feel completely different about this map, but as is I think Raelin/Range will have a field day... as I found out myself in my play-tests.

I vote NO to induct in to the BoV.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; September 13th, 2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old September 14th, 2011, 10:04 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Gents, after more plays and feedback on my revised Stygian Rift, I like how it's turned out, and would like to put it forward for your consideration/delectation/evisceration as warranted.

(I always feel so sheepish nominating my own stuff. )

STYGIAN RIFT
A tip of the hat here to cmgames, whose Riven served as aesthetic inspiration.
This map has benefitted immensely from the generous feedback of many. Special thanks go to Mad_Wookiee, Robber, and GameBear for their detailed help.

Uses: 2 BftU, 1 VW.
Download: here

Last edited by Typhon2222; September 14th, 2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old September 14th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've always liked this map. Play is exciting and quick. There are Raelin perches, but all are lava, and rats struggle... I love playing on this and am glad you nominated this.
Old September 14th, 2011, 10:43 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

I followed that map through all of it's versions... If I had a vote it would be
Old September 14th, 2011, 10:43 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

STYGIAN RIFT by Typhon2222

There are some 'trouble' areas that I have a concern or two about, but BftU is such a tough set with the limited number of hexes. I want give it a shot.

to review.

-insert signature here-
Old September 15th, 2011, 08:29 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Maps pending acceptance for review:

Stygian Rift by Typhoon2222

Cool looking map. It looks like it's well thought out without any obvious flaws. Definitely worth reviewing. YES to review.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios