Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 23rd, 2020, 12:14 AM

Ketchupgeek is surprisingly tart
Ketchupgeek's Customs

Hello all, and thanks for stopping by!

This is where I'll post some hodge-podge ideas for customs based on D&D characters my friends and I have played. Most power choices seek to reflect the characters as best as possible. I tried mostly using existing powers because the wording is all ready to go as is.

If you recognize a mechanic and I haven't properly credited someone by all mean feel free to correct me. If by chance you don't want me using your mechanic, just let me know and I'll make swapping it out a priority.

Feedback is appreciated, as I'm new to the whole custom creation thing and my point evaluations might be massively off base. I don't have any figures specifically planned for any of these, so suggestions are welcome, as I would like to eventually get adequate figs for my friends to enjoy.

(Bear with me as I'm not sure how this formatting is going to look)

The Champions of Fallhaven:
Spoiler Alert!

Loch Valen Conscripts
Spoiler Alert!

Cynelian Guildmates:
Spoiler Alert!

Scoundrels of the Realm:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Ketchupgeek; March 9th, 2022 at 11:41 PM. Reason: updated cards
Old April 23rd, 2020, 12:56 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Ketchupgeek's Customs

Fun ideas for customs here. Using your characters from dnd campaigns is a creative way to come up with characters.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 23rd, 2020, 01:03 PM

Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I only looked through the Heroes of Fallhaven, but here are some thoughts:

Rhogar Frostborn: He's a bit boringly similar to Rhogar Dragonspine (exact same stats and one of the same specials). I'm not sure if Dragonspine's special attack is actually worth 20 points, but I could believe it. I think that giving him some kind of snow themed power to make him more distinct from Dragonspine would be good. I recommend giving him something more than just regular movement on snow (heavy snow/ice aren't that commonly used). I think that Snow Strength (from Nerak) or maybe Cold Healing (from Greater Ice Elemental) could work well.

Oleander: Leaping Limbs is almost never going to do anything. With 6 move and 5 height, the only way he could use it moving upwards would be if he started adjacent to a space exactly five levels higher than him that he wanted to climb onto. As for going down, it basically lets him ignore falling damage, but there aren't a lot of boards with drops of more than 5 levels, and when a board does have a big drop like that, you usually don't want to jump off it, even if you're not taking damage, unless you have a way to get back up.

If you want him to have a leaping power, I might take Stealth Leap (from the Shaolin monks). You'd probably have to remove engagement strike to fit it on the card, but engagement strike doesn't really do all that much for a range 1 figure anyway (there's not too much reason to move next to Oleander when he has to move next to you to attack you).

Also, 85 seems a bit high. I think I'd usually prefer Arkmer over Oleander (the 1 extra attack and the 5 range outweigh Oleander's extra move and his special attack), and Arkmer only costs 50.

Zorek: This guy seems like he would be interesting to play. A single attack of 4 is weak enough that your opponent might just want to ignore him so he doesn't get any benefit from his rage, but with Reach he'll often have an easy time grabbing height and being annoying. With 2 defense, it's possible to try to take him out all in one turn at the start of a round, but if you fail, you're looking at a nasty counterattack. I like him.

Baenion: He'll be really strong in very large point value games (particularly since you can combine him with Raelin). In a standard 500 point game, it'll be harder to get good value out of his aura, and the 2 defense means that he'll die really easily to ranged attackers. Personally, I'm not a fan of adding more unconditional aura effects to the game, because they're really hard to balance, but if you're going to do it, putting them on an expensive and frail figure like Baenion is the way to go.

Crag: Seems fun and probably reasonably-costed. Trying to maneuver him so that you can run in and engage a bunch of figures to Earthen Spikes should be interesting. The weak attack and the fact that he can hit people with Earthen Spikes without using an OM means that your opponent isn't going to want to attack him, and may actually have to consider whether it's worth disengaging to avoid combat challenge, so I think the powers work together to good effect here.
Old April 23rd, 2020, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Scape View Post
I only looked through the Heroes of Fallhaven, but here are some thoughts:

Rhogar Frostborn: He's a bit boringly similar to Rhogar Dragonspine (exact same stats and one of the same specials). I'm not sure if Dragonspine's special attack is actually worth 20 points, but I could believe it. I think that giving him some kind of snow themed power to make him more distinct from Dragonspine would be good. I recommend giving him something more than just regular movement on snow (heavy snow/ice aren't that commonly used). I think that Snow Strength (from Nerak) or maybe Cold Healing (from Greater Ice Elemental) could work well.

Oleander: Leaping Limbs is almost never going to do anything. With 6 move and 5 height, the only way he could use it moving upwards would be if he started adjacent to a space exactly five levels higher than him that he wanted to climb onto. As for going down, it basically lets him ignore falling damage, but there aren't a lot of boards with drops of more than 5 levels, and when a board does have a big drop like that, you usually don't want to jump off it, even if you're not taking damage, unless you have a way to get back up.

If you want him to have a leaping power, I might take Stealth Leap (from the Shaolin monks). You'd probably have to remove engagement strike to fit it on the card, but engagement strike doesn't really do all that much for a range 1 figure anyway (there's not too much reason to move next to Oleander when he has to move next to you to attack you).

Also, 85 seems a bit high. I think I'd usually prefer Arkmer over Oleander (the 1 extra attack and the 5 range outweigh Oleander's extra move and his special attack), and Arkmer only costs 50.

Zorek: This guy seems like he would be interesting to play. A single attack of 4 is weak enough that your opponent might just want to ignore him so he doesn't get any benefit from his rage, but with Reach he'll often have an easy time grabbing height and being annoying. With 2 defense, it's possible to try to take him out all in one turn at the start of a round, but if you fail, you're looking at a nasty counterattack. I like him.

Baenion: He'll be really strong in very large point value games (particularly since you can combine him with Raelin). In a standard 500 point game, it'll be harder to get good value out of his aura, and the 2 defense means that he'll die really easily to ranged attackers. Personally, I'm not a fan of adding more unconditional aura effects to the game, because they're really hard to balance, but if you're going to do it, putting them on an expensive and frail figure like Baenion is the way to go.

Crag: Seems fun and probably reasonably-costed. Trying to maneuver him so that you can run in and engage a bunch of figures to Earthen Spikes should be interesting. The weak attack and the fact that he can hit people with Earthen Spikes without using an OM means that your opponent isn't going to want to attack him, and may actually have to consider whether it's worth disengaging to avoid combat challenge, so I think the powers work together to good effect here.
Thanks for the feedback!

I see what you mean about Rhogar, it was just my luck that my dnd pally got his name from a 4e character creator for a dragonborn, and scape rhogar is also a paladin. I could consider some other type of healing power, and I think I'm going to lean into the ice/snow synergy.

Oleander I'll probably swap that leap in and drop engagement strike for counterstrike to keep on theme with other samurai, re-balance stats and points from there I guess.

Baenion was one that I wanted to make sure he was expensive and frail as you noted. That way if he wouldn't be Raelin+ level of strong.
Old March 2nd, 2022, 11:57 PM

Slowly updating some card images with figure pictures

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards