Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old May 8th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Star Trek ...WOW!

Superbly enjoyable movie - pays wonderful homage to the past while maintaining its own present and future. Great, great casting...funny moments galore, excellent action, cool sci-fi...loads of fun.

I'd give it a 9 out of 10, hands down, just a GREAT movie, whether you like Trek or not.
Old May 8th, 2009, 12:57 AM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Star Trek ...WOW!

*hands held over ears* LALALALA, I CAN'T HEAR ANYTHING!!!

I'm going on Saturday with my brother and some friends. I can't wait, despite all the put-downs I've heard about the new Enterprise design.
Old May 8th, 2009, 01:35 AM

Archiver is surprisingly tart
Arrow Star Trek Collectables

I haven’t seen it yet but soon will.

I have Star Trek Collectables if anyone is interested, just send me a PM

I know we have a trade thread but that seamed more suitable here.

Old May 8th, 2009, 02:32 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker

Went to see Wolverine instead, but I am looking forward to this.

BUT, when you say things like "funny moments galore" and I see clips with sexual innuendo and/or imagery, I can't help but think Trek is being further cheapened by moving away from being a serious dramatic relection of contemporary social issues, as it was originally intended, and becoming something more of a homongenized, stand-fare entertainment vechicle.
Old May 8th, 2009, 05:41 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by soberman View Post
I can't help but think Trek is being further cheapened by moving away from being a serious dramatic relection of contemporary social issues, as it was originally intended, and becoming something more of a homongenized, stand-fare entertainment vechicle.

I have heard Trek fans are furious because this movie does not suck

http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...urce=a-section

I can't take credit for this one....Joah found this bad boy

You are so that person they are talking about, that cracks me up
Old May 8th, 2009, 06:53 AM

Frodo Woo who?

Looks alright I guess. Probably not going to see it. New Terminator movie instead.
Old May 8th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by soberman View Post
Went to see Wolverine instead, but I am looking forward to this.

BUT, when you say things like "funny moments galore" and I see clips with sexual innuendo and/or imagery, I can't help but think Trek is being further cheapened by moving away from being a serious dramatic relection of contemporary social issues, as it was originally intended, and becoming something more of a homongenized, stand-fare entertainment vechicle.
Because Star Trek has been of such high quality for the last 20 years. Lol - Sorry, Trek, mainly due to its producers has presented only one thing for a long time - poor quality TV resolved by techno-babble.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old May 8th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wasn't impressed. It was a "pretty" film, but at no time did I ever feel like the characters were who they were supposed to be.

Old May 8th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

Wow. I can't fathom your response, RabSheila. I grew up watching the ORIGINAL series (that's how old I am, LOL) and they were spot on... It was loads of fun and felt quite true to the original feel of Star Trek. Glad I've not reached the level of cynicism I see in a few of these remarks. Whew!
Old May 8th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Many trekkers are going to feel just like the Onion video, which I found to be very funny - I can't wait to see the movie, but I have HATED the quality of Trek for a while now -think B5 (story - not acting and effects) ruined me for ST.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old May 8th, 2009, 10:23 AM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is truly a bizarre world we live in now. 15 years ago, it was hip to like and quote Staw Wars and Ubber nerdy and ridiculous to like Star TRek. Now, Trek is hip and sexy and Starwars is old and moldy. I have been severely ostricized for liking the prequels and now find myself in a very nerdy corner of the world. I use to share it with Trekkies, but now, I'm alone while the Trekkies go to cocktail parties with super models.

Mesa muy, muy full of envy...

Sweetcurse~wanting to be hip and sexy.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old May 8th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Dr Feelgood

That's because the prequels were horrible :P

Actually, they could have been good but Lucus is a horrible scriptwriter and a horrible director. He should have done what he did with Empire and Jedi, write the draft, then let a real scriptwriter tighten it up and a real director film it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies