Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old September 2nd, 2006, 12:47 AM

zombie prime is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
the meyer in lexington ky had 5.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 11:19 AM
THE Ungrateful Whorebath

cbs42 knows what's in an order marker cbs42 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks114kd
Cbs I work for the post office you can get a label and put it right on the box the USPS will ship it that way.
Yeah, you guys will ship nearly anything with a label on it -- just look at Wired magazine's monthly mail contest. I just didn't want to risk the game box being damaged, since this was a gift and all. The extra packing material probably only cost me a dollar postage or less.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 09:58 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Another easy way to tell if it is red/blue is to flip the flap and look at the left side where the crease and they will show the color of the dice.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old September 3rd, 2006, 10:21 AM
THE Ungrateful Whorebath

cbs42 knows what's in an order marker cbs42 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy
Another easy way to tell if it is red/blue is to flip the flap and look at the left side where the crease and they will show the color of the dice.
True, but I use the clear window uner the flap. All boxes with a plastic window showing Thorgrim will have red/blue dice. The tricky part comes with the sparkly water, because some of the boxes with the window have flat blue water instead of sparkly water.

Go sparkly!
Old September 3rd, 2006, 10:43 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
$18? That's like under £10. I could weep. We have to pay £40 here

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old September 3rd, 2006, 11:46 AM

Thor has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor
You guys do relize shipping on these is going to be a total pain considering their size and weight, right? 2 sets shipped would run you about 40-50 bucks I would guess (20 for the sets, 20-30 for the shipping). Still better then 40 for one set, but I thought I would point this out for anyone who is forgetting about the shipping.
I took a set into my local post office to check what the shipping cost would be (since I'm sending some out). Standard shipping with no insurance was $7.02, including the packing box and some packing peanuts. Not too bad, but it does raise the total cost to about $18 per set for mailed ones, when all things are considered.
So 2 sets would cost about $36 to ship, only 4 bucks less then my guess. Of course 40 bucks shipped for 2 sets is probably the best deal we will see considering TRU seems done with their 2-for-1 sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs42
The tricky part comes with the sparkly water, because some of the boxes with the window have flat blue water instead of sparkly water.!
Figuring out if a set contains sparkly or solid water isn't that tricky if you look at the number printed on the back of the box. Every set I have bought, save for my EOVs of course, have been sparkly water. Just gotta make sure the number on the back is low enough.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 11:54 AM

digger1111 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Thor
Figuring out if a set contains sparkly or solid water isn't that tricky if you look at the number printed on the back of the box. Every set I have bought, save for my EOVs of course, have been sparkly water. Just gotta make sure the number on the back is low enough.
What is that low number again? I have some 43XXX downstairs and I couldn't remember if the magic number is 43 or 42.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 12:18 PM

ferzle has disabled reputation
I got 19 at one store, 3 in another, and 1 at a third.
It looks like I got 1 second editon, the rest first edition. I have opened several to check water, and I know the
42xxx have sparkley water, and some of the 43xxx have opaque water, but I can't recall if any of the lower 43xxx had sparkley or not. I have a dozen more to check.

Does anybody know the exact (or close to it) number where they changed water?
Old September 3rd, 2006, 12:21 PM

Thor has disabled reputation
It's been a long while since I have bought a Master Set so I don't remember the highest number that still has sparkly water. However, I have sets with 43201 that still have the sparkly stuff, so any numbers under 43201 should be fine. I am sure there is a thread somewhere in these forums with more info. Basically when buying Master Sets just try to get anything in the 42XXX range, or really low 43XXX and you should be fine.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 12:36 PM

43281 has sparkley water
Old September 3rd, 2006, 12:37 PM

Oh, and 43511 has opaque.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 09:21 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
I'll pay 15 doallrs for those sets, and pay for the shipping to get them to me. PM me if you want a free booster or two.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales