Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

View Poll Results: Which of The Ruins of Valhalla maps is the best?!
Forsaken Cloister 3 7.50%
Arborshate's Pathway 1 2.50%
By a Common Barrier 0 0%
Ruined Pier 4 10.00%
The Great Wall of Valhalla 12 30.00%
Desecrated Mine 10 25.00%
Hephaestus 2 5.00%
Valda Keep 2 5.00%
Stalwart 3 7.50%
From the Ashes 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 22nd, 2016, 11:43 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Ruins of Valhalla: Top 10 Posted!!

Well met!

Is there a place where we can view the maps?

Old September 22nd, 2016, 11:43 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I'm not sure how their story, as I mapped it out, would translate into a useful custom on the battlefield. I might try.

They could have an ability like

Blood in the Water
If a Sea Witch is adjacent to a wounded Hero while on a water space, this Sea Witch adds 4 to their attack value.

Then play them with some Drow Chainfighters to get the heroes where you want them.
Old September 22nd, 2016, 11:44 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Well met!

Is there a place where we can view the maps?

Sir Heroscape is compiling the maps and link and will put them in the OP.
Old September 22nd, 2016, 11:49 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I'm not sure how their story, as I mapped it out, would translate into a useful custom on the battlefield. I might try.

They could have an ability like

Blood in the Water
If a Sea Witch is adjacent to a wounded Hero while on a water space, this Sea Witch adds 4 to their attack value.

Then play them with some Drow Chainfighters to get the heroes where you want them.
You have me. I'll work on something. I imagine there's a suitable mini out there, too.

I got this. Just give me some time, and occasionally private reminders.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 22nd, 2016, 01:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'd like to look at each map again before voting. Is there a one stop shop somewhere for images of the top 10 maps?
Old September 22nd, 2016, 01:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Sir Heroscape is putting one in the OP soon. And by "soon," I mean "presently." And by "presently," I mean "in the future."

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 22nd, 2016, 01:33 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'd like to look at each map again before voting. Is there a one stop shop somewhere for images of the top 10 maps?
The OP should have an image of all 10 maps. But I'll be adding each map individually as well.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 22nd, 2016, 01:45 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I just want to say thank you to all of you guys that participated in our contest. All of you that didn't make it into the top ten don't be too disappointed. I can personally assure you that we will have a great time using your maps in our NHSD tournament and I will personally make sure we run different kinds of contests in the future. Don't look at it as a waste of time. If you had fun doing it, and the other scapers have fun playing on it, it is a win. I also have fun building prizes and sending them out. That also takes time and money, but I'm happy to do it, as I know @Sir Heroscape , and @Tiranx are as well. Keep your eyes out for some more contests or draws coming up that I'm sure you will love. Again thanks, all you guys.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 22nd, 2016, 01:47 PM

Re: Map Building Contest: Ruins of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post

Ruins of Valhalla submissions
Ragnarok ~ColorCrayons
Shattered Temple ~GeneralRolando
Lava Spring ~GeneralRolando
Derelict Ramparts ~Robber
Valda Keep ~master4sword
Castle Bellosk ~Yodaking
Thalenk III ~Necroblade
Stalwart ~Dignan
Forsaken Cloister ~All Your Pie
Ruined Pier ~Dad_Scaper
Grigor's Grove/Rogirg's Retreat ~Sherman Davies
Desecrated Mine ~Rÿchean
Lost Treasures ~Tornado
By A Common Barrier ~master4sword
From the Ashes ~BiggaBullfrog
Joutn Tripped... ~BiggaBullfrog
Manor Ruins ~Capsocrates
Roundabout Marsh ~Capsocrates
Arborshate's Pathway ~TheEpicAlpaca
Hephaestus ~Robber
Ruins of The Great Wall of Valhalla ~TheSparkleInYourWater
Road of Wellsprings ~Skylord163

For adding a backstory to their map submissions, the following will receive a custom set of OM's (pictures here):
@NecroBlade @GeneralRolando @master4sword @Robber @Dad_Scaper @BiggaBullfrog @Sherman Davies @Rÿchean @capsocrates @TheSparkleInYourWater @Yodaking
(Let me know if I missed you)

Now What? @TREX , @Tiranx , and I will be judging the maps within the next couple days according to the criteria in the OP. Once the Top 10 have been selected, we'll make an official post of those 10 maps. We will then open a poll for the community to vote on the best map out of the Top 10. The winner will be awarded TREX's dice tower.
Links to all the maps.
Old September 22nd, 2016, 03:15 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post

Ruins of Valhalla submissions
Ragnarok ~ColorCrayons
Shattered Temple ~GeneralRolando
Lava Spring ~GeneralRolando
Derelict Ramparts ~Robber
Valda Keep ~master4sword
Castle Bellosk ~Yodaking
Thalenk III ~Necroblade
Stalwart ~Dignan
Forsaken Cloister ~All Your Pie
Ruined Pier ~Dad_Scaper
Grigor's Grove/Rogirg's Retreat ~Sherman Davies
Desecrated Mine ~Rÿchean
Lost Treasures ~Tornado
By A Common Barrier ~master4sword
From the Ashes ~BiggaBullfrog
Joutn Tripped... ~BiggaBullfrog
Manor Ruins ~Capsocrates
Roundabout Marsh ~Capsocrates
Arborshate's Pathway ~TheEpicAlpaca
Hephaestus ~Robber
Ruins of The Great Wall of Valhalla ~TheSparkleInYourWater
Road of Wellsprings ~Skylord163

Now What? @TREX , @Tiranx , and I will be judging the maps within the next couple days according to the criteria in the OP. Once the Top 10 have been selected, we'll make an official post of those 10 maps. We will then open a poll for the community to vote on the best map out of the Top 10. The winner will be awarded TREX's dice tower.

Which of The Ruins of Valhalla maps is the best?!

Forsaken Cloister
Arborshate's Pathway
By a Common Barrier
Ruined Pier
The Great Wall of Valhalla
Desecrated Mine
Hephaestus
Valda Keep
Stalwart
From the Ashes

No
Roundabout Marsh ~Capsocrates in the top ten?

Of those remaining, I particularly liked:

But the winner (IMHO, of course) is . . . Stalwart ~Dignan!

Elegant, balanced, and a bit asymmetrical, Dignan displays yet again why his Maps are not merely Maps, but Works of Art. [And why I've been, lately, turning so often to him for a Map, rather than building my own.]

Last edited by kolakoski; September 22nd, 2016 at 03:31 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2016, 03:30 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

For those looking for a consolidated list. The OP has been updated with both Download links and images of each of the 22 map submissions for this contest. Enjoy!

~Sir Heroscape, who probably should have gotten his homework done first...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 22nd, 2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
Ha. Just saw my tag, was thinking about getting out the hexes here soon and making a giant map like I used to
I religiously followed your old thread with the battle reports on your epic maps. I would love to that resurrected.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games