Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 8th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Suggestions for the C3V

Not a C3V Designer? No problem. This is a place where anyone can share their ideas with the Design team and discuss some possible synergies, powers, characters, etc.

If you want to suggest a miniature for C3V to work on, it is best if that figure is available for sale online in approximately the following quantities:

Uniques - 70+ figures
Uncommons - 120+ figures
Commons - 175+ figures

Not sure what minis are out there? MinisGallery.com is a site dedicated to information about prepainted plastic miniatures.

The following online stores are good sources for various minis useful to C3V:

Pathfinder, D&D Miniatures, Heroclix, Star Wars Minis, etc...
D&D OnlyPathfinder Only

Last edited by Sherman Davies; June 29th, 2022 at 08:50 PM. Reason: added link to MinisGallery.com
Old November 8th, 2010, 06:51 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

Yes, here's my first suggestion:

Make an entire wave without bonding.

Bonding is getting boring. I'm all for bettering old figures, but using it as the go-to fix is ho-hum (imho).

Let's be creative here! *whip cracks!*
Old November 8th, 2010, 06:56 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post

Bonding is getting boring. I'm all for bettering old figures, but using it as the go-to fix is ho-hum (imho).

I agree that bonding should not be the default idea to fall back on. I would like to see some real creativity beyond just that as well. However, that doesn't mean that we would never create some type of bonding, or more importantly, create a Hero that receives benefits from a current bonding power.
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:03 PM

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post

I agree that bonding should not be the default idea to fall back on. I would like to see some real creativity beyond just that as well. However, that doesn't mean that we would never create some type of bonding, or more importantly, create a Hero that receives benefits from a current bonding power.
(Emphasis added)
Oh, I'm not writing bonding off. I just know (from C3G's previous work, really I can't say enough about this ) that you are capable of more! And I really feel like the first wave should be something of a trendsetter, in a sense showing off the creativity this community has up its sleeve!

Last edited by Margloth; November 8th, 2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Completed my thought.
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

There are some ideas that could possibly use bonding in a new and more intense way. Don't count bonding out, but also don't expect it to be the norm.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

More "X" Order Marker uses.
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:08 PM

I would love to hear some synergy power ideas that may have similar affects of bonding without just bonding.

by the Balantai. And I agree with him.
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
More "X" Order Marker uses.
You can't really overload on Xfactor powers because of the nature of the game. It is a nice limiter but almost too limiting. If you have an Xfactor unit, what is the likelihood of drafting another?

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:10 PM

One thing that is interesting when playing with two or more units with the X marker power is that if you spread your orders out, you can really fake your opponent out. Like "is the X on Professor X or Wolverine?"

But I agree, you can't overdue it.
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:11 PM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

Okay...

Ideas that have not been brought up again and again.

Historical Figures:
-WWII Soviet Conscripts (Einar)
-WWI German Assult Troopers (Vydar)
-Confederate Calvary (Vydar)
-Tribesman Shaman that gives bonuses to concelment (Aquilla)

SciFi:
-Telekinetic Agents (Vydar)
-Deathwings (Flying Soulborgs) (Utgar)
-Zettian Headhunters (Utgar)

Fantasty:
-Slaadi (Valkrill)
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I'd like to see a Dwarf Archer Hero. Shouldn't be too hard to get a mini for.
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:15 PM

Honestly, I would be okay with the first wave being all heroes (common, unique, uncommon), whatever. This would allow some "learning processes" to occur (not that no one here has experience making interesting squads). Just kind of like trying to start small, and honestly I think one of the most interesting things to come out of DnD (and most practical from a custom point of view) is the "common synergy hero as pseudo-squad" (and yes, I am aware that this goes directly against my first suggestion of "no bonding", but bonding with oneself isn't bad. It just makes God cry).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs