Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old March 11th, 2008, 12:19 PM

pomme has disabled reputation
HeroScape Expert Village YouTube Videos

Have you guys been watching these?

LINK

Ohhh they're so painful and hillarious! Poor guy doesn't script out anything he says and ends up making up new words/totally flubbing/knocking over sculps and terrain pieces. It's like watching a car wreck at times.

He somehow takes something that is explained with one sentence in the rule book and makes is last several minutes, without actually telling you anything.

Check it out.

WARNING: Some of the videos posted in this link contain comments with dirty bad words
Old March 11th, 2008, 12:26 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
It's you isn't it? You're the guy who made the videos.
Old March 11th, 2008, 12:30 PM

oni is surprisingly tart
Jumping? I thought only the Monks could jump. This guy is way off.

And he got the heavy snow movement wrong.

And worse of all, I just watched 3 videos... I want my eyes back.

Feed the newbs! Link to a common HS topic in your signature.
Storage ideas
What Should I get next?
Old March 11th, 2008, 12:35 PM

Every video is a study in fail.
Old March 11th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: HeroScape Expert Village YouTube Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomme
Have you guys been watching these?

LINK

Ohhh they're so painful and hillarious! Poor guy doesn't script out anything he says and ends up making up new words/totally flubbing/knocking over sculps and terrain pieces. It's like watching a car wreck at times.

He somehow takes something that is explained with one sentence in the rule book and makes is last several minutes, without actually telling you anything.

Check it out.
We probably want to let people on this PG-13 site know that the comments in this link are not Pg-13, but quite X.

And I love that he is labeled "our Hero Scape expert and gaming authority."
Old March 11th, 2008, 12:55 PM

There are no comments in the link I posted.

Also, YouTube filters it's content from adult material.

edit: but hey, yeah kids.. always look out for websites that might have naughty stuff on them!
Old March 11th, 2008, 01:00 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomme
There are no comments in the link I posted.

Also, YouTube filters it's content from adult material.

edit: but hey, yeah kids.. always look out for websites that might have naughty stuff on them!
Sorry...I used your link and got a whole list of comments on the first video that I would not be able to reprint here.

I do like that he has the +4 Range glyph applying to 1 range attacks.
Old March 11th, 2008, 01:14 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Sorry...I used your link and got a whole list of comments on the first video that I would not be able to reprint here.
Yep. I'm with the Rev on this one. The first video has some very "colorful" dialog between some obviously mature and intelligent individuals. I wouldn't want my children reading it. I wouldn't want me reading it, come to think of it.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old March 11th, 2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Yep. I'm with the Rev on this one. The first video has some very "colorful" dialog between some obviously mature and intelligent individuals. I wouldn't want my children reading it. I wouldn't want me reading it, come to think of it.
Glad to learn that my Firefox didn't somehow turn into a "dirt browser" all by itself. !
Old March 11th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
I saw some of these a while back when he first started to post them. I thought the idea was novel... until he started to explain EVERY. SINGLE. NUANCE of the game in tedious, boring clips. He has, what, 1,257,343 clips about how to play the Heroscape game?

I guess this isn't a bad thing for people looking into the game and wanting to check out some of Heroscape's game play mechanics. Though, as mentioned above, he does get a few of the rules wrong. Expert Village, indeed...

"We take the 'Expert' out of 'Expert Village!"

:P

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old March 11th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
I saw some of these a while back when he first started to post them. I thought the idea was novel... until he started to explain EVERY. SINGLE. NUANCE of the game in tedious, boring clips. He has, what, 1,257,343 clips about how to play the Heroscape game?

I guess this isn't a bad thing for people looking into the game and wanting to check out some of Heroscape's game play mechanics. Though, as mentioned above, he does get a few of the rules wrong. Expert Village, indeed...

"We take the 'Expert' out of 'Expert Village!"

:P
Sounds like he's from this fabled "Expert Village", except he's the village idiot.

And since it's a village of experts, he still gets a lot right.
Old March 11th, 2008, 04:39 PM

When I was young (back, just after the invention of candles) we said, "What is an expert? Well, an "x" is nothing, and a "spurt" is just a drip under pressure." It might still be true.

(And I can hear the chorus saying, "Oh, great! He's saying old man things again. Let's see if he'll drool.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion