Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old May 6th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: VirtualScape 1.056 available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzzz View Post
Can you send me your map file please ? I will check at home.
Thanks Zzzzz! The .hsc file is here. Please note that it's not only this map though. All my maps end up with weird shadows when I turn on shadowing.
Old May 8th, 2008, 05:05 AM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
Thanks Zzzzz! The .hsc file is here. Please note that it's not only this map though. All my maps end up with weird shadows when I turn on shadowing.
Ok, I can confirm that this is not a probleme with your map (all is fine here).
Have you try to change shadow quality ?
Does your drivers are up to date ?
Old May 8th, 2008, 10:38 PM

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzzz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
Ok, I can confirm that this is not a probleme with your map (all is fine here).
Have you try to change shadow quality ?
Does your drivers are up to date ?
I haven't tried changing the shadow quality. I'll try that next.

I just updated all my drivers so that shouldn't be an issue.

Are the five OpenGL extensions you listed earlier the only ones needed? I haven't checked the dependencies yet. Maybe I'm missing some of the dependent extensions?
Old May 20th, 2008, 05:17 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Re: VirtualScape 1.058 available

well Vscape was working fine for me until I downloaded this versin...

I am getting french, even the folders in the .zip file are in french... as a pose to it previously being english.

Also when I open it anyway in french and try to view a map in 3D it crashes...
Old May 20th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post
well Vscape was working fine for me until I downloaded this versin...

I am getting french, even the folders in the .zip file are in french... as a pose to it previously being english.

Also when I open it anyway in french and try to view a map in 3D it crashes...
As has been explained repeatedly, EXTRACT ALL OF THE FILES, NOT JUST THE EXE and then you will get the English, unless of course you downloaded the french version.
Old May 20th, 2008, 05:27 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

Again Cav.. your "help" would apply if that were the case...

The contents of the french and english .zip file are the same... I downloaded and re-downloaded them both...
Livraison VS 1.058 UK

Currently downloading the previous version which is still one newer than the newest I have... I cannot open a map file I was given due to it being made in a newer version...

EDIT: installing older one some how made the newer one work... or undid whatever I screwed up...

Last edited by Draconious; May 20th, 2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:05 PM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

Sorry, but Cav is right. The only way to get French results is to either 1) download the French version, or 2) Not extracting the files properly.
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:59 PM

Yes, the folders and file names are all in French, even in the English download .zip file, probably because the core program has to call these files by path and name. Changing the names of these files would also mean completely rewriting every single occurrence of these file names in the core program. That's a lot of unnecessary work for Zzzzz.

These French-named files include the libraries needed to display the program in English. In order for the core program to find the English library files they must already be extracted. In other words, in order to run the program in English you need to extract ALL the files from the .zip folder.

We are lucky to have an English version at all. Zzzzz could have just made us all learn a little French.
Old May 21st, 2008, 11:08 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG View Post
Quote:

Sorry, but Cav is right. The only way to get French results is to either 1) download the French version, or 2) Not extracting the files properly.
Thanks for the Backup.
Old May 31st, 2008, 01:18 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is VS going to be updated to include the various jungle tree heights?
Old May 31st, 2008, 02:26 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
No pressure though (we're so spoiled)...

-insert signature here-
Old June 2nd, 2008, 03:49 PM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Of course but I'm waiting to see somewhere the real jungle set. Here (in france) it's not possible to get one now. When I will find one I will doing a better quality jungle mesh.
Sorry to can't do it now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software