Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Notices

Old November 9th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Using classic scape in AotP

I've done a bit of looking around, and it looks like most of the discussion so far with regards to mixing the two games has been about using AotP units in a normal 'scape game, but I haven't seen much with regards to using heroscape units as summoned units in an AotP game.

I don't have my copy of the game yet, but it looks to be a little lacking in content (and January's expansion doesn't appear to really address this issue). The units I've seen so far for AotP look be be significantly sturdier for their point cost than normal heroscape units. Is this the case in practice, or can regular heroscape units be used freely in an AotP game without reballancing?

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old November 9th, 2015, 09:39 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Using classic scape in AotP

@Xn F M , I don't think you could cross them over directly. Most of the units have 3 lives a piece and squad scape units have one. Also there is the point of the sorcery cards. They affect "Color" units, not Units of Aquilla, Jandar, Utgar, etc. Also the heroes aren't considered planeswalkers, they are considered creatures. The only Planeswalkers are planeswalkers. I don't think you could just cross over. It would be really cool though. I have also thought of Going scape to AOTP. I love both games and will be waiting for someone to successfully integrate them.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 9th, 2015, 10:04 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Color seems like a pretty easy work around, since you'd basically have to assign a color to any unit being used to determine who can summon it.

So I guess I'd basically have to sit down for a day with premium units and figure out a baseline cost adjustment . . . .

Old November 10th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You'd either convert classic, like we're doing with magic cards, or you simply dont use spells if you don't have a planeswalker; if you use a mix, the classic start in your starting zone and aren't summoned.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old November 10th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
or you simply dont use spells if you don't have a planeswalker; if you use a mix, the classic start in your starting zone and aren't summoned.
Kinda like playing marvel with classic.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old November 10th, 2015, 08:09 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
or you simply dont use spells if you don't have a planeswalker; if you use a mix, the classic start in your starting zone and aren't summoned.
Kinda like playing marvel with classic.
I like that analogy.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 10th, 2015, 09:38 PM
Gets It!!!

Quote:
You'd either convert classic, like we're doing with magic cards, or you simply dont use spells if you don't have a planeswalker; if you use a mix, the classic start in your starting zone and aren't summoned.[/IMG]
That might work, I would think in that situation though I'd probably want to keep the order markers. That should help to mitigate the differences between the two unit types. I really think I'm going to have to sit myself down for a bit and goldfish a couple variants to figure out what works best.

Old November 11th, 2015, 12:02 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Most of the cards convert cleanly, some beg for adjustment like Darrak, Airborne, and Saylind, and some are impossible to directly convert like 4th Mass.
But in all, I think the conversion is the way to go.
With that said, being able to summon has a huge effect on the game. Raelin and Deathreavers and Zombies and so many more get a boost.
I'm not convinced that Life 1 squads will be that outclassed and if they get more life when converted so should their points increase.

Old December 15th, 2015, 08:59 AM

SlyQC is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hi guys, I just started a train of thoughts, like a big brainstorming, if you're interested to join in, I'd like to work with a lot of people to make this work :

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=52515
Old January 1st, 2016, 09:21 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think once common squads are introduced in AotP they'll be 1-life units and we can more easily compare them to heroscape units.

One (inherent) problem with AotP is the fact that you have to include a Planeswalker in every army. That means when designing new units (and trying to incorporate heroscape units) their point values need to mesh with whichever Planeswalker point value so as to nicely make a 500 or 600 point army, that limits things a LOT. For example, if I want to use a unit with Nissa, it's point value needs to exactly equal either the Elementals or the Elf Archers...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old January 2nd, 2016, 08:59 AM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

I played a 700-point game of MagicScape the other day. Worked really well. Assign each general a color identity.
Spoiler Alert!

It was Gideon vs Jace, with Gideon wielding a 4th Mass build, and Jace fielding mostly ranged units from Vydar. Heroes, along with squads, started the game in the reserve. They would be summoned by the Planeswalker. You could also cast spells that targets a Unique Squad to target a Common Squad instead, provided you identify the different members of the Squads. (AKA Uncommon Squads)
Some Errata needed in this game. Probably more later.
Spoiler Alert!

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old January 4th, 2016, 10:18 AM

@Marro_Warlord Utgar should be the red I believe and Valkril the black

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender