Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 26th, 2015, 08:25 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
I didn't finish painting anything this week, but I did finish my Imperial Assault campaign.

The Source was our second to last mission.

It was a very close game and came down to my last attack dealing exactly enough damage to win the mission. This made it so the heroes had to go to the harder final battle.

This picture was taken after the heroes threw in the towel for the Desperate Hour scenario.
I really enjoyed the campaign and would enjoy playing another one, but am also looking forward to the Twin Shadows campaign.

I did get a bit more work done on my Garden of Morr and have started on some repaints of the Evolution wood pieces. Hopefully I will have more to show on that next week.

Also played some Secret Wars this week. Lost bad to Nimrod, but beat Wasteland Hulk.

Tried Gauntlet of Fools as well.

Played some games of Ashes.

Also, got a couple Dicemasters games in.

What kind of game is Secret Wars? And is it based on the Marvel comic?
Yep, it is the latest expansion for Legendary from Upper Deck and is based on the comics.
Old August 27th, 2015, 04:59 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

After hearing Jerry and others rave about Quantum, I just picked it up from CoolStuff (it's over 50% off right now on their Daily Sale). Sadly, I'll be waiting until my birthday to play it.

We've been doing more X-Wing recently. Trying out Erik's new Rebel Transport. Good times!
Old August 29th, 2015, 01:56 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I pledged for the Run & Bones kickstarter and my package arrived this afternoon. Had a 4 player game using just the core box set so we could get a feel for the base game and learn all the rules. It was a bit of a route as my team scored the 6 VPs for the win and the other team didn't score and VPs. I think it was mostly just dumb luck though as we rolled pretty well and they rolled pretty poorly. Plus neither side knew what we were doing, now that we have a better idea of what is going on I'm sure it will play out differently. We did also happen to go first and thus were on the attack first, which we never let up on. The kraken showed up, which we learned we don't really want to happen again. We will be more cautious playing the cards with the kraken symbol going forward. All in all a pretty fun game, and with all the expansion heroes that were the unlock goals to mix in it shouldn't get stale anytime soon.
Old August 29th, 2015, 09:24 AM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!

We played a couple of rounds of Sushi Go followed by a game or D&D Attack Wing last night. We only have the base set for Attack Wing and this was the first time we played it. It is very similar to X-Wing but with dragons. I think they will end up getting more of my money for this one because I really want to see how the game plays with ground units.

Tonight we will be rolling up characters for a Pathfinder campaign. My B-I-L has designed his own world and campaign based on the Pathfinder system and I'm excited to get started playing.
Old August 29th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I pledged for the Run & Bones kickstarter and my package arrived this afternoon. Had a 4 player game using just the core box set so we could get a feel for the base game and learn all the rules. It was a bit of a route as my team scored the 6 VPs for the win and the other team didn't score and VPs. I think it was mostly just dumb luck though as we rolled pretty well and they rolled pretty poorly. Plus neither side knew what we were doing, now that we have a better idea of what is going on I'm sure it will play out differently. We did also happen to go first and thus were on the attack first, which we never let up on. The kraken showed up, which we learned we don't really want to happen again. We will be more cautious playing the cards with the kraken symbol going forward. All in all a pretty fun game, and with all the expansion heroes that were the unlock goals to mix in it shouldn't get stale anytime soon.

Sounds pretty cool YK. Look forward to hearing how well this goes for you moving forward with more experience. I've seen a lot of pictures online of people getting their games and expansions and it looks like a ton of stuff.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 30th, 2015, 08:37 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yesterday, my gaming group participated in an all day game day at a local game store, where part of the game sales and all of a bake sale proceeds went towards Club Shining Star. It provides recreation and equipment for individuals with special needs and their families.

Lots of games were played by a bunch of people.

I played Betrayal at the house on the Hill - Things were going okay and then the haunt triggered and the player to the left of me became the evil player, where they were trying to dismantle the house, room by room and send it into a fiery abyss, with us along with it. It looked hopeless for us good guys because we had to pass 3 knowledge or sanity tests and they had specific conditions, with only one of which being available at the moment, being able to do a check in the Library that was out. The player after the haunt was in the Library, so he was able to pass that test. Then the next player explored into a room that we also needed out there and she passed her check. I was going to explore another room upstairs, with my Spirit Board item allowing me to see the next top tile in the stack, and it would allowed me to get an item that may be able to help. But then again, someone more familiar with the game mentioned that the next room we need available would be on the main floor. So I moved downstairs and explored, but didn't get that top tile since it was for the 2nd floor only. So I got an unknown tile, which had an omen in it and it so happened to be the book that I needed to be able to pass the third knowledge test for our group and win.

We thought our goose was cooked for sure, and the haunt player was kind of disappointed in not being able to do a lot of nasty things to us. But we pretty much got so lucky in the draws that we got, as well as each of us passing each of the tests we took. Had that not gone that way, it would have been brutally difficult for us to win, because the rooms were going to start flipping over and get worse from round to round. Leaving us dead or any survivors very little chance for success.

Dark Moon - This is a very interesting game as it was originally a web published print and play game that was called BSG Express, as in Battleship Galactica Express, where it was a condensed version of Galactica. But I guess eventually Stronghold decided to publish it and it got some tweaks and is called Dark Moon, which is more along the lines of The Thing in theme, as we as players each have a role as a miner in space colony. Some of us are infected at the beginning of the game and some aren't.

Basically there are three areas that can cause uninfected players to lose, the shields, outpost and life support. If any of those three get filled with 6 pieces, the uninfected lose. So during the game players will be able to use dice that have 4 sides with negative values, and only 2 sides with positive values, to try to remove any pieces that go into the bad areas to keep them low. Shields have a chance to get an additional shield when one is added, the outpost has things on it that get added that will deny certain actions, and life support will add a player's token to it and they will become fatigued and less useful.

After each player's turn, they will draw 2 Task cards that only they see. They choose one and reveal it, while the other one goes to the bottom of the deck. These tasks are tests that players can contribute to help or not. By helping and succeeding, they will pass the task and another cube will go on a current Event card that they need to fill up before moving on to the next card. There will be 3 Events before the final Event card, with the first three being drawn by the current leader (me), but only when one is filled up (and the first one of course). The leader draws 2 of them and chooses one event card to place. Some are easier but will have negative effects, while others take longer to fulfill, but have positive results.

So players can also choose to vote a player into holding/brig/whatever, where their actions will be limited. Uninfected will want to do this to keep the suspected infected from sabotaging us. The infected want to get the good guys in there as well to keep us from helping to succeed. The infected can choose to reveal themselves as infected at any time, and then they can do some nasty things to sabotage us.

At any rate, 3 of us had brigged 2 players we were pretty certain were infected (and were), and then we brigged 2 others (there were 7 of us total) that we suspected, but only one of them could be infected as there were only 3 infected in the game, but we had to be sure. Then we allowed one guy out after much deliberation and despite a good case made by the other player. We made the right decision and ended up winning, barely!

Lots of fun.

I also played Splendor and won (still like this one a lot), Heroes Wanted (actually a pretty cool game) where I tied for first in a 4p game, but lost the tiebreaker. And wrapped up the night playing 3 games of One Night Ultimate Werewolf (I don't like regular Werewolf, but this one is okay and short enough for some good quick fun with the right people).

Edit: Just got done with a quick solo game of Imperial Settlers. Played the Roman faction and wound up with 68 points. Pretty good, but not great. I'm amazed at some of the scores people post on BGG. I haven't gotten to their upper levels, or even close. Solo is a fun way to learn factions better, because each faction is so different and has so many different combos. So when playing with other players, it's nice to be that much more familiar with a faction in order to be able to do better in the game.

Last edited by Hahma; August 30th, 2015 at 11:42 AM.
Old August 30th, 2015, 06:15 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have a really exciting project on the paint table right now in the form of Tail Feathers minis. This game has had me really excited to since the first greens Chad Tweeted. The minis are so cool, and I have been wanting to paint them for a long time.

Wrunk on the painting table.
Old August 30th, 2015, 09:03 PM
Prickly Cactus

That's awesome Jormi, can't wait to see the finished products. I know you will knock it out of the park and do a great job on these

Old August 31st, 2015, 12:02 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I really like those minis. I know you are going to make them look incredible.
Old August 31st, 2015, 07:38 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

They have announced a Kickstarter for a tank expansion for The Great War. I'm excited, and I don't even have the base game yet!

In the mean time, my old pal is coming down to visit from Canada today, which means a week of gaming our brains out. Yay!

In preparation, I just cleared 350 infantry, 140 cavalry and 3 cannons off the table from my recent 54mm toy soldier battle (Kurudere, Crimean War #5). Now that I'm finally doing digital photography, maybe you'll see some photos onsite some day...
Old August 31st, 2015, 08:05 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
In the mean time, my old pal is coming down to visit from Canada today, which means a week of gaming our brains out. Yay!
Don't forget to use protection.

Played about 20 games of Just Desserts over the weekend. It seems to be CatScaper's current favorite and with LoB finishing a school project all weekend, I let her choose. It is a pretty fun little filler card game that you try and serve guests dessert. Most guests have favorites that you can serve them or use to poach them away from opponents. We also played Suburbia and Lost Valley, two of her favorites.
Old August 31st, 2015, 09:38 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

G-O,

Don't worry--I have a Game Loss Insurance policy from The Milton Bradley Company. Its a good thing I've kept up with the premiums all these years!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games