Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old January 28th, 2020, 08:30 PM

Guillermo-Tell Woo who?
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Hi guys,
I need help with my Ender 3. Already tried many things but can't fix this issue. You can find a couple of example images below:

In the first one we see the top of the starship is sharp and clear, while in the second one we can see everything is a complete mess, full of blobs. You can't see it, but lots of stringing too. For reference the mini's 20mm long.
This happens everytime with every print. Fortunately, the prints that don't need retraction like terrain come out perfect, but this makes it impossible to get nice minis.
I've already tried lowering temperature 10ºC, increasing retraction speed to 50mm/s, changing nozzle, installing Capricorn tube, replacing couplers, etc. I've not tried changing retraction yet, but it's already at 7mm, is it too high?
Also, I've noticed that the nozzle touches the previous layers and something weird happens, like if they sticked to it and then they bend, but it may be just an optical illusion.
I'm using Fat Dragon Games' 4mm nozzle minis profile. Esun PLA plus.
If you have any idea, please, tell me.
Thank you for your attention.

Just playing around...

Last edited by Guillermo-Tell; February 1st, 2020 at 11:55 AM.
Old January 29th, 2020, 04:23 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

It is hard to tell what is going on from that print. Can you print something a little larger (maybe a larger figure) and take some pictures?

Also, are you using CURA? Are you using supports?

Showing a picture of the object you are trying to print might help. And so would showing a preview of the sliced object showing how it will be built.

You can keep lowering the temperature by 5 to 10C each time until you find a sweet spot (eventually it will have underextrusion--that is when you are too cold).

Are both your fans working?

You didn't say what temperature you are using. I use esun PLA+ at 210C printing temperature.

This is the profile I use WK CURA profile
Old January 29th, 2020, 07:35 PM

Guillermo-Tell Woo who?

Ok WK,
I tried it your way. Already printed a fyorlag spider using your profile, here is the result:
-Before cleaning:

-After cleaning:

You can see there's stringing everywhere. Fortunately, looks like the melting effect has decreased. Did you change something in particular in your profile?
About the melting effect, after a bit of research I found that it's called overhang. The main cause seems to be not enough cooling, but it's strange, as my both my fans look ok. Just as a precaution, I added a vent ring to help it cooling a bit:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3343456
Still, looks like it doesn't really improve anything.
Here a couple of links for more info:
https://cults3d.com/en/blog/articles...blems-defaults (Point 2)
https://www.reddit.com/r/3Dprinting/...ted_on_slopes/
I used Cura's default tree supports. I was wondering about filament moisture, but the spool is almost new.
Also, I broke a couple of legs during cleaning, try to figure out which ones.

Just playing around...

Last edited by Guillermo-Tell; February 1st, 2020 at 11:56 AM.
Old January 29th, 2020, 08:58 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillermo-Tell View Post
Ok WK,
I tried it your way. Already printed a fyorlag spider using your profile, here is the result:
Are you using supports?

Are you using CURA or another slicer program to make your gcode?
Old January 29th, 2020, 09:02 PM

Use this one. It has supports:

WK with supports

Last edited by White Knight; January 31st, 2020 at 06:12 PM.
Old January 31st, 2020, 05:42 PM

Emirroon (matte)
Ne-Gok-Sa (matte)
Sonlen (matte)
Tul-Bak-Ra (matte)
Old February 1st, 2020, 11:52 AM

Guillermo-Tell Woo who?

Hi guys,
new print! This time I tried a deathreaver with the profile WK attached above.

Still has lots of stringing and overhang. No idea about what is causing it. Also, looks like there's a bit of under-extrusion. If you look closely at the base you can see some blobs.

Just playing around...

Last edited by Guillermo-Tell; February 2nd, 2020 at 07:44 PM.
Old February 1st, 2020, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillermo-Tell View Post
Hi guys,
new print! This time I tried a deathreaver with the profile WK attached above.

Still has lots of stringing and overhang. No idea about what is causing it. Also, looks like there's a bit of under-extrusion. If you look closely at the base you can see some blobs.
Your pictures are not showing for me.
Old February 2nd, 2020, 07:45 PM

Guillermo-Tell Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Your pictures are not showing for me.
Fixed!

Just playing around...
Old February 3rd, 2020, 05:50 PM

Venoc Viper 1 (matte)
Venoc Viper 2 (matte)
Dzu-teh 1 (matte)
10th Regiment 2 (matte)
Tarn Viking 2 (matte)
Finn the Viking Champion (matte)
Dumatef Guard (matte)
Old February 3rd, 2020, 06:15 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Great Work WK!

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 4th, 2020, 10:43 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Got my Ender 3 Pro up and running finally, having a heck of a time getting it leveled out properly. Made some stringy messes and then had one with the plate too close to the nozzle and too hot which left PLA goo embedded into it. It took a lot of work to get most of it off, I've still got some stuck. At least I know it works, I may have to get a glass plate as cleaning the magnetic one is a PITA. Anyway, this isn't just a gripe post. Any tips for getting this leveled? I'm using this test:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4130721

I'l print more tonight and pray.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing