Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old February 3rd, 2018, 10:26 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
To Defeat The Huns

COMPETITIVE REVIEW BOARD CHECKLIST

Competitive Concerns
Does the design offer worrisome Order marker movement or efficiency? No

Does the design offer superior Auto wounding? No

Does the design cause the prevention of abilities (Blob, Polaris, Meteorite)? No

Does the design move other figures? Yes. Wording needs to be better to indicate if we're counting from both attacks or not but he could be moving a lot of figures.

Does the design boost other figures (outside of a narrowly defined set)? Other way around, but there's better ways to get that many dice.

Does the design have one or more excellent defensive powers? No

Does the design auto destroy or take control of other figures in a way that unbalances the design? No

Does the design have any other concerns? What Soundwarp said

Summary of Any Competitive Concerns/Suggestions for Changes: Clean up the wording on the Foot Clan stuff and keep an eye on movement and dice rolled.

~Dysole, back
Old February 4th, 2018, 08:22 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Hun - Breathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Sidenote, don't know if I said it before, but I really like that this guy is a Crime Lord that actually wants to run with the Street Thugs to some degree.
Thanks! Giving them more options was definitely a goal of mine with this design (and just about the only reason I have a draft of Hammerhead in my Workshopping thread).
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I think the design looks a touch juicy right now, but his powers are pretty straight forward and there are easy dials to turn in both of them. So no big concerns I guess.

Foot Clan Whatever-It-Ends up can move a pretty crazy amount of figures up right now, but having to dip into another faction hurts a bit. I'd go with Ronin's change requiring an adjacent attack for consistency, it seems weird to sort of encourage odd corner stuff like Sinister when the power is already pretty darn good anyway. I think I'd limit it to Human Ninjas personally. It seems to fit his IDW version thematically and it would cut out the Turtles, who otherwise seem like undesirably good picks for him.

Other factors to consider if needed would be changing 'X' to equal the number of wounds inflicted instead of skulls rolled and preventing him from picking the same figure twice in a turn so he can't sling shot 3 Ninja up 6 spaces with his double attack (or limiting to only being able to trigger once per turn at all).

Purple Dragon Beatdown lets him drop some pretty heavy amounts of attack dice for his points (especially with bonding and being able to move up the Shredder), but there are other characters out there that can produce similar output for similar costs. Being only an average speed ground-pounder helps limit him quite a bit here too. Obvious dial to turn if needed is to limit the attack boost to a flat 1 or remove it entirely.

Sidenote, don't know if I said it before, but I really like that this guy is a Crime Lord that actually wants to run with the Street Thugs to some degree.
I know the intent from my part was that it's only suppose to activate on the first attack not both. Also it was ninja squad figures, so something must have been missed when the criminal figures was removed...I don't believe he's suppose to be moving hero ninjas.
I actually removed it intentionally - I thought since we were going for different synergy groupings with the two powers, may as well encourage taking him with Shredder. I quite like the Human restriction, as Hun from the cartoon was fairly consistently portrayed as disliking 'freaks', but I am starting to see the balance concerns of moving Shredder for free....

As for it triggering on both attacks, I actually like it that way - it's a lot of movement, sure, but the Foot Clan tends to really swarm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
COMPETITIVE REVIEW BOARD CHECKLIST

Competitive Concerns
Does the design offer worrisome Order marker movement or efficiency? No

Does the design offer superior Auto wounding? No

Does the design cause the prevention of abilities (Blob, Polaris, Meteorite)? No

Does the design move other figures? Yes. Wording needs to be better to indicate if we're counting from both attacks or not but he could be moving a lot of figures.

Does the design boost other figures (outside of a narrowly defined set)? Other way around, but there's better ways to get that many dice.

Does the design have one or more excellent defensive powers? No

Does the design auto destroy or take control of other figures in a way that unbalances the design? No

Does the design have any other concerns? What Soundwarp said

Summary of Any Competitive Concerns/Suggestions for Changes: Clean up the wording on the Foot Clan stuff and keep an eye on movement and dice rolled.

~Dysole, back
Great to see you back, Dysole! Nice to see the checklist again, too.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 4th, 2018, 09:25 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I’d say leave the double attack movement activations for now, there’s lots of ways to tweak the power if things get too powerful (drop the second movement activation or have the power move figures equal to wounds dealt instead of skulls rolled).

He has decent attack potential, but if he fails to inflict a wound he’s pretty unspectacular (especially if running with Ninja and not the Thugs), and 4 Defense with 5 life means if you concentrate your fire he should go down relatively quickly in the superscape world.

Btw L_O, this is a spectacular design. Clean and useful!

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old February 4th, 2018, 10:01 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

He's not the kind of guy that be running other ninjas though and I think limiting him to squads of hand and foot ninjas is way more thematic and fitting.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by Yodaking; February 5th, 2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old February 5th, 2018, 01:46 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I'd be more comfortable with him only moving squad figures and not heroes. I didn't spot that change when it was made so thanks for pointing it out. I think the ninja/criminal move being limited to 3 keeps in somewhat in check such that trying it out on both attacks is okay. If testing shows it is a bit too crazy (all skull roll on 2nd att. would be 6 figures, but how often will that really happen?) we can then reign it in. I do think we need language stating you can only move each figure with that power once per turn, so the max free move would be 3. That combined with the limit generated by how many squad figures you still have alive really lessens my concerns about the power working on both attacks.
Old February 5th, 2018, 02:49 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Yeah, I'd be more comfortable with him only moving squad figures and not heroes. I didn't spot that change when it was made so thanks for pointing it out. I think the ninja/criminal move being limited to 3 keeps in somewhat in check such that trying it out on both attacks is okay. If testing shows it is a bit too crazy (all skull roll on 2nd att. would be 6 figures, but how often will that really happen?) we can then reign it in. I do think we need language stating you can only move each figure with that power once per turn, so the max free move would be 3. That combined with the limit generated by how many squad figures you still have alive really lessens my concerns about the power working on both attacks.
Yeah the limiting the move to figures that had not yet moved was something I noticed Johnny added to his latest working design and meant to come back there and add that. I think limiting it like that would leave me more open to allowing it to work on both attacks.

EDIT: Yeah I almost missed it as well. I think something one of the CRB guys said made me look at it again and that's when I saw it. A change like that really should be pointed out.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 5th, 2018, 06:11 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Okay, I've updated the SP.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 5th, 2018, 06:18 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I'd be more comfortable with him only moving squad figures and not heroes. I didn't spot that change when it was made so thanks for pointing it out.
Yeah I almost missed it as well. I think something one of the CRB guys said made me look at it again and that's when I saw it. A change like that really should be pointed out.
I generally try to highlight all power tweaks in red to make sure to draw attention to them.
Old February 5th, 2018, 06:20 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I'd be more comfortable with him only moving squad figures and not heroes. I didn't spot that change when it was made so thanks for pointing it out.
Yeah I almost missed it as well. I think something one of the CRB guys said made me look at it again and that's when I saw it. A change like that really should be pointed out.
I generally try to highlight all power tweaks in red to make sure to draw attention to them.
I'll try that in future! Though for this guy I may do it in purple, simply because he's the boss of the Purple Dragons and I like purple...

~Lazy Orang, who used to have red as her favourite colour. She grew out of it.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 5th, 2018, 06:44 PM
A Man of Taste

Really a fan to how he's progressing.

Old February 6th, 2018, 11:49 AM
Hard as ice

Re: The Book of Hun - Vote for Initial Playtesting

I propose we move this guy along to Initial Playtesting!

@japes -
@Ronin - Yea
@Arkham -
@Yodaking - Yea
@johnny139 - Yea

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; February 6th, 2018 at 12:06 PM.
Old February 6th, 2018, 11:52 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Hun - Vote for Initial Playtesting

yea

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library