Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 18th, 2017, 07:31 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Ant-Man (Scott Lang) (Breathing)

I feel like Engineer or Avenger are better fits for him, but I'm not -and wasn't- against Thief. It's not my top choice, but I'm okay with it if it's the majority preference. Definitely against Adventurer, as this is not that version of Scott.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old March 18th, 2017, 07:56 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
I feel like Engineer or Avenger are better fits for him, but I'm not -and wasn't- against Thief. It's not my top choice, but I'm okay with it if it's the majority preference. Definitely against Adventurer, as this is not that version of Scott.
I'd be specifically opposed to Engineer and Avenger, honestly - Engineer feels like a weird fit to me, and Avenger has always seemed like an odd class to me considering 99% of Avengers, including the majority of the iconic ones, don't have that class.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 18th, 2017, 08:19 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
I'd be specifically opposed to Engineer and Avenger, honestly - Engineer feels like a weird fit to me, and Avenger has always seemed like an odd class to me considering 99% of Avengers, including the majority of the iconic ones, don't have that class.
Avenger is a slightly weird one, but the way I see it is it's whatever the character most identifies as. For example, guys like Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, and Peter Parker all have other parts of their lives that often take precedence over being an Avenger. For a guy like Scott Lang, when he was an Avenger, that was pretty much all he had going for him at the time.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old March 18th, 2017, 08:26 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Out of curiosity, what is your reason for being against Engineer. Even in the movie he was an Engineer.

Mainly asking because I am an Engineer.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 18th, 2017, 08:31 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Out of curiosity, what is your reason for being against Engineer. Even in the movie he was an Engineer.

Because being an Engineer doesn't feel like his thing. He has engineering skills, but it isn't a word I'd ever really think of when reaching for a word to define him, the way I would for, say, Stark. It's like calling Spider-Man or Batman an Engineer - they may technically fit the bill, but it doesn't feel like it's the word you'd immediately reach for to describe them, at least not to me. Plus, nothing on the card feels indicative of being an Engineer - he didn't even make most of his own tech, just customised it slightly, from what I can find on Wikipedia.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 18th, 2017, 08:38 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Because being an Engineer doesn't feel like his thing. He has engineering skills, but it isn't a word I'd ever really think of when reaching for a word to define him, the way I would for, say, Stark. It's like calling Spider-Man or Batman an Engineer - they may technically fit the bill, but it doesn't feel like it's the word you'd immediately reach for to describe them, at least not to me.
Really?!? He used his Engineering in devising his method of cracking the safe. It's definitely his thing. He doesn't go in with a crowbar and start breaking locks. And since you mentioned Stark...Scott was originally employed by Stark as ... an Engineer. And for Spidey...he's in school definitely not an Engineer. Not sure how it works over there but here you can't legally call yourself a Professional Engineer unless you've passed all the exams and received your license to practice as a Professional Engineer.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 18th, 2017, 08:46 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Because being an Engineer doesn't feel like his thing. He has engineering skills, but it isn't a word I'd ever really think of when reaching for a word to define him, the way I would for, say, Stark. It's like calling Spider-Man or Batman an Engineer - they may technically fit the bill, but it doesn't feel like it's the word you'd immediately reach for to describe them, at least not to me.
Really?!? He used his Engineering in devising his method of cracking the safe. It's definitely his thing. He doesn't go in with a crowbar and start breaking locks. And since you mentioned Stark...Scott was originally employed by Stark as ... and Engineer. And for Spidey...he's in school definitely not an Engineer. Not sure how it works over there but here you can't legally call yourself a Professional Engineer unless you've passed all the exams and received your license to practice as a Professional Engineer.
Exactly - he used it in his method of cracking the safe. It's a thing he's able to do, but doesn't feel like something that defines his character, at least to me. A character being able to use scientific/engineering knowledge is hardly unique to him, it's fairly common among a number of superheroes. It isn't a theme break, per se, but it still doesn't feel like the definitive way of describing the character.
And yeah, I was probably exaggerating a bit with Spidey, in hind sight - I was thinking in terms of skill required to craft Web-Shooters rather than actual qualifications - but my point remains that just because he is something doesn't make me think that it's the core of the character that I'd want to put on the card. How he applies that knowledge and his iconic history means more to me than the knowledge itself. To return to Spidey, he's clearly a scientist, his passion is science, but he iconically acts as a Crime Fighter.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 18th, 2017, 08:48 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Really?!? He used his Engineering in devising his method of cracking the safe. It's definitely his thing. He doesn't go in with a crowbar and start breaking locks. And since you mentioned Stark...Scott was originally employed by Stark as ... and Engineer. And for Spidey...he's in school definitely not an Engineer. Not sure how it works over there but here you can't legally call yourself a Professional Engineer unless you've passed all the exams and received your license to practice as a Professional Engineer.
Exactly - he used it in his method of cracking the safe. It's a thing he's able to do, but doesn't feel like something that defines his character, at least to me. A character being able to use scientific/engineering knowledge is hardly unique to him. It isn't a theme break, per se, but it still doesn't feel like the definitive way of describing the character.
And yeah, I was probably exaggerating a bit with Spidey, in hind sight - I was thinking in terms of skill required to craft Web-Shooters rather than actual qualifications - but my point remains that just because he is something doesn't make me think that it's the core of the character that I'd want to put on the card. How he applies that knowledge and his iconic history means more to me than the knowledge itself.
Well with that logic...thieving is just a thing he does since it's not how he makes his living.

Old March 18th, 2017, 08:53 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly - he used it in his method of cracking the safe. It's a thing he's able to do, but doesn't feel like something that defines his character, at least to me. A character being able to use scientific/engineering knowledge is hardly unique to him. It isn't a theme break, per se, but it still doesn't feel like the definitive way of describing the character.
And yeah, I was probably exaggerating a bit with Spidey, in hind sight - I was thinking in terms of skill required to craft Web-Shooters rather than actual qualifications - but my point remains that just because he is something doesn't make me think that it's the core of the character that I'd want to put on the card. How he applies that knowledge and his iconic history means more to me than the knowledge itself.
Well with that logic...thieving is just a thing he does since it's not how he makes his living.
And by that logic, Crime Fighting is just a thing Spidey does since it's not how he makes his living. What I'm saying, really, is that I feel like his being a thief is a far more iconic aspect of the character than his being an engineer - if you asked someone what springs into their head as being what Scott Lang does, then I'd imagine 'steals things' is going to be more likely to be at the front of their mind than 'works as an engineer'. And really, how many characters' day jobs matter when it comes to their in-game class?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 18th, 2017, 08:57 PM
A Man of Taste

Tony stark, mr. Fantastic, pretty much all other scientist, physicists, lawmen, kings, queens, soldiers, generals, Hugo strange...

Old March 18th, 2017, 09:03 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Tony stark, mr. Fantastic, pretty much all other scientist, physicists, lawmen, kings, queens, soldiers, generals, Hugo strange...
Because that's usually
1) what they're actually doing in game, or
2) a large part of who they are as superheroes/villains.
It isn't just because it's their day job.

I just don't buy that this guy being an Engineer is as iconic a part of his career as being a scientist is for Ant-Man. Spider-Man isn't a Student or a Scientist, because he's more iconic as a Crime Fighter. This guy is more iconically likely to be thought of as a Thief.

~Lazy Orang, who'll probably have to go to bed pretty soon.

EDIT: Plus, being an Engineer has nothing in common with the design.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; March 19th, 2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old March 19th, 2017, 02:42 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I understand and agree with what Lazy is trying to say here. When you open up a comic in which this Ant Man appears, you would be hard pressed to find a panel where he is in a lab or factory building some type of engineering tech where as finding a comic panel in which Reed Richards is doing science stuff in a lab or Tony Stark is building & testing some tech is pretty easy. Yes he has an engineering skill set, it just doesn't define his comic book persona like it does for others. Vulture is an engineer and inventor but we have him listed as a criminal. Scott Lang used his engineering skills to make him a better thief, now he uses his thief skills in his new career as a hero, so having him listed as thief makes sense to me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library