Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old June 18th, 2019, 09:50 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
You are supposed to keep the base on the raised part of the hex. I’m not sure if its in the rulebook or not, but it likely is in one of them somewhere.

Page 12 RotV Rulebook - Master Rules:

Quote:
Keep the base on the space: When you end a figure's move, make sure its base lies flat and is on that space only (or spaces, in the case of double-space figures). No part of its base my overlap on another space or area between spaces.
~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old June 18th, 2019, 11:27 AM

crazafon is surprisingly tart

This is great, thank you all. So in the case of a water tile, you could push your character to the very edge since there is no raised spot then?
Old June 18th, 2019, 12:03 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Yes to your last question - and according to the rules you can place a figure to the edge of the entire hex (more than just the raised edge) as long as no part of the base is at all over another hex or cracks between hexes or the table. You can also "shift" any of your figures on your turn, which means a single space figure can be rotated, but a double-space figure can only be flipped during the Move phase. This only really matters for Major Q9/Q10 who have special attacks that their body and shoulders can block the Line of Sight for your attack (whether you can see through the back of your head is still up for debate in my opinion). The other very contentious debate (for almost 12 years) that revolves around placement of figures is Stinger Denial where some figures including Nilfheim and some Marro Stingers can block a figure from going on a space legally if placed in the right way.

Anyway those are probable two of the very few debatable rules on Heroscape, as most of the game is so simple and easy to understand that there is no room for debate. Welcome @crazafon to the game and the site!
Old June 18th, 2019, 12:06 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Stinger Denial is legal, but in my experience, insisting on it gets you the Evil Eye. And soon nobody wants to play with you anymore.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; June 18th, 2019 at 01:52 PM.
Old June 18th, 2019, 01:06 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazafon View Post
Hey quick question about something that my group debated last time we played. What exactly are the limitations about how a figure can be placed on a hex? I assume the base can't move over the far edge of the hex at all. Are there rules about staying on the raised part of the hex in the middle?
This is actually a very good question.

As cmgames and others have noted, the rules are very clear that you must stay on the raised part of the hex (except if you're on water or another 0-height tile).

Now it's pretty obvious that there is an exception for double-spaced figures: the middle of the figure's base can't possibly be on the raised part.

Similarly, we have to make an exception for the single-spaced large and huge figures from D2 and D3: their bases are slightly larger than the raised area of a hex. Strictly speaking, these figures would only be allowed to be placed on water tiles or similar.

When I play, I generalize that exception somewhat: figures must fit on the area a water tile would cover. This does allow some leeway with placing some large and huge figures, but I like it that way. Otherwise you're never allowed to place a double-spaced figure next to a ruin, and that's kinda lame in my opinion.
Old June 18th, 2019, 04:13 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I know there was a Gencon video of Craig Van Ness picking his figure up so that his opponent could engage. That seems to be the best ettiquette regarding Stinger Denial.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 18th, 2019, 04:49 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Stinger Denial is a bogeyman. The chances of you having to deal with it in a tournament game are roughly zero. There are two reasons for this: 1. It's easier to place figures around other figures than most people realize. And, 2. it's a an exceptionally rare Heroscape player who actually wants to be a [bad word] like that.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 18th, 2019, 07:22 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree with what everyone else is saying. My group has, on multiple occasions, picked up/re-positioned their pieces to allow opponents to engage (spinning their dragons around so that it is less intrusive to incoming figures, things like that.)

We do typically try to keep to the rule of "you only move/spin your figures on your own turn" though. I try to remind players to hide/spin their figures behind objects and such before their turn is over.
Old June 21st, 2019, 06:20 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.

Last edited by OEAO; June 21st, 2019 at 07:09 PM.
Old July 1st, 2019, 01:15 AM

ThugMisting is surprisingly tart

Let's say you control sacred band and you have all disciplined except for 1 hero. After that hero without disciplined is destroyed, will you then get the disciplined army defense bonus?
Old July 1st, 2019, 01:21 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThugMisting View Post
Let's say you control sacred band and you have all disciplined except for 1 hero. After that hero without disciplined is destroyed, will you then get the disciplined army defense bonus?
You sure will. I believe it also works that way if you have undropped Airborne Elites while your 4th Mass Line is in play.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 1st, 2019, 02:40 AM

ThugMisting is surprisingly tart

thnx

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's