Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old December 28th, 2017, 12:30 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Nice work, Hahma! How did the painting contest go?

Newb.
Old December 28th, 2017, 03:49 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Who makes the Jewelry store? That is really nice.
Old December 28th, 2017, 08:09 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Awesome.
Thanks! Lots of cussing with some part of that store build, but worth it in the end. And those mats from Deep Cut Studios are working out how I envisioned when ordering them with the buildings I was going to build for The Walking Dead. I have an hour or so left on the Tobacco Shop building I started last night. I went out gaming all day, so I may finish it tonight or tomorrow morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie View Post
Nice work, Hahma! How did the painting contest go?

Newb.
Thanks Newb! Actually, the deadline to turn in the dragon is on January 1st, so it hasn't officially started yet in the judging phase. I dropped off my dragon on Tuesday when I took my daughters to see The Greatest Showman. The lady at the game store said that the contest will go for a couple weeks after the 1st, as they are allowing patrons of the store to judge, as well as some social media avenues. So we'll see. I'm not expecting to place, but I figured I'd give it a go anyway since a couple of my friends were entering as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Who makes the Jewelry store? That is really nice.
4Ground Games, out of the UK.

I also have the Samuel's House from there that was in a couple pictures, working on the Tobacco Shop currently, have the Samuel's Garage that I may start sometime tomorrow or Saturday, and Emma's Diner, which will be the final one to do of the ones I currently have. That one will be a beast and likely take about 6 hours to assemble.

They had a good deal during Black Friday weekend, I got the Jewelry Store, Tobacco Shop, Samuel's Garage and Emma's Diner for like $105 including shipping. Had to get it over $100 for free shipping or it would have pretty steep. The Samuel's House kit, I got from Northstar Games, also out of the UK. They had a half off sale on it a few months ago and I was able to get it for $35 including shipping. It was normally $53 and then half of that plus only $8 shipping. Great deal.

Whenever looking at prices in England or European websites, their prices include 21% VAT tax. So if you register with the site and they get your address, then when you log in, you can see what the actual cost will be for us here in the U.S.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 29th, 2017, 10:46 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

@Hahma

You sell yourself short. That dragon looks excellent. Though I'm no judge of such things, I think you'll do well in that contest. Either way you have a new sweet looking dragon to put on the table.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old December 29th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

After gaming all day yesterday and then spending the evening with my family, I stayed up late to finish the Tobacco shop. It was an easier build than the Jewelry store, but it required a decent amount of sanding/filing in order to get some parts to fit right, a bit more than every other 4Ground kit I've assembled so far. It wasn't a big deal, but probably added a half hour to the build time than if it fit perfectly initially.

The thing I like about this building is the flat roof that can be accessed by either the hatch from the room below, or from a dumpster on the side of the store. I can eventually see it having some cover placed around the perimeter of the roof to have a fortified lookout post of sorts.

Now that I have 3 buildings completed, I figured that I'd do a multiple mat layout for pictures, and also run also simulation of the cooperative scenario we played, where the survivors had to go through a long journey to get to the objective, the house in this case.

Old December 29th, 2017, 10:49 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
@Hahma

You sell yourself short. That dragon looks excellent. Though I'm no judge of such things, I think you'll do well in that contest. Either way you have a new sweet looking dragon to put on the table.
Thanks Keglo! I think it looks good, but there are a lot of talented painters out there that have been doing it much longer than me, and may be able to add some airbrush affects that look cool that I can't do. But like you said, if nothing else, I got a cool dragon for $8 and some time

Old December 30th, 2017, 06:25 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Hahma, that map looks so beautiful that I actually want that game! But I could never reproduce that!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old December 30th, 2017, 08:40 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Hahma, that map looks so beautiful that I actually want that game! But I could never reproduce that!
It's a good game Spidey. You don't have to go all out like me to enjoy it. I have the base set, the Prelude to Woodbury solo set (really only for the extra dice, the Brian character and more walkers), and Days Gone By expansion, as well as a few boosters. It gives plenty of variety in survivors to use, as well as more walkers and more supply and equipment cards and more event cards. That is sufficient for a lot of gaming variety. I will likely pick up some more expansions at some point.

As far as the table layout, well yeah, I splurged. I have 6 of those mats that are pretty specific to TWD or any other modern genre minis game, though TWD is the only one I have at the moment. The buildings I got when they were on sale. They take time to assemble and can be a pain at times, requiring some hobbying skills here and there, but they are pre-painted and that's a win for me. But there are buildings from Plastcraft that would work really well too and are pre-colored and a lot more affordable, though they do still require assembly.

Old December 30th, 2017, 12:30 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

The mats are super cool if I do say so. It would be fairly hard to duplicate those in a crafting way to get what you have there. I do have some ideas on what I could do for asphault road sections to go on top of my other board using dollar store foam. Right now its really a toss up between making a little more star wars terrain and Painting all my star wars figures. Doing stuff for ghost archipelago/frostgrave or walking dead. I have all 3 bigger boxes of walking dead the first terrain expansion and some 6 boosters. I just havent started anything for it yet and none of my players have got to play it yet. Im going to finish all my sw stuff first then roll a 20 sided die to see what gets done after.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 30th, 2017, 06:19 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Here are my custom rules mods for Imperial Assault Gridless along with pics of our last battle.
Rule Tweaks
True line of sight, measuring from base to base.
move and range values are 1 to 1 inch.
cover bonus= if character is at least 50% behind cover add one black die to their defense roll.
Adjacent figures bases are within an inch of another figures base.
Here are some pics. I custom built all the terrain.

Old December 30th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Prickly Cactus

Good stuff there Trex! When you have the minis in the picture, it shows how massive those walls are. Should be fun playing IA gridless, now anyone checking this thread can try it themselves.

Old December 30th, 2017, 07:52 PM
"like" happy

also posted on boardgamegeek. I'm in the process of getting my crafting station and workshop back in order. I've got so many project pieces ready to get crafting its quite overwhelming to look at. I'm thinking of thinning out my heroscape terrain collection to make room for all my pieces. I don't ever use the some 10 master sets worth of stuff on top of all the smaller sets I have. They just take up room in the craft room closet. Walls pictured are 4 inches tall. Same with blast doors. I'll be cranking out an unhealthy amount of scatter terrain for figures to hide behind. Just reclaimed my painting workbench.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures