Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 7th, 2020, 06:39 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Green Wyrmling discussion and playtesting

There is also this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
So I just received my order of 8 Green Wyrmlings, the new ones that revived this discussion. They are scrawny. Like half the size of a Blue Wyrmling, as in emaciated. I'll try to get pictures but I don't really have a camera (no iphone, sorry :P).

I'm just kind of doing my own thing because this design by committee has got me down, but 4/4 is waaaay too strong for this sculpt. 3/3 is generous--they look like 2/2.

Thought I'd caution you all to sculpt issues now, before this 2 year long project kicks into high gear.
Old June 8th, 2020, 02:40 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

New figure option:
WizKids' Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures unpainted figure line released Wave 11 March this year.

Two blisters have wyrmlings, a Gold dragon (#90028, with a small treasure pile) and blisterpack #90029: Green Wyrmling and Afflicted Elf.

These figures are primed but unpainted. Assuming the base is 1", this Wyrmling looks exactly to scale with our Red and Blue Wyrmlings.
I'll see if my FLGS has this on the shelf today for comparison purposes, otherwise I'll order one to take pics for y'all.

Wave 10 also released Black, Red, and Blue Wyrmlings, for those who missed the 'Scape ones, #73850-2 respectively.

Color image:
https://icv2.com/image/44495/3
I can't post pics...?

P.S. [There's a Gargantuan Skeletal Dragon in Wave 11 for $30 retail, similar to Su-Bak-Na, without the Marro. It's on its hind legs, but I don't know if the feet will fit a large peanut...I remember there was a C3V design for an undead Dragon many years back, don't remember the name (for Valkrill?), but there wasn't availability for the D&D boardgame mini at the time.]

P.P.S. [There are also enough Aasimar fighter options in the line to have a full squad of Aquilla Kyrie, plus two or three Aquilla Kyrie heroes. Someone would need to come up with a paint scheme for all the figures. Anyone interested in pursuing this option? I can hunt the packs down.]

Last edited by UtahScott; June 8th, 2020 at 07:23 AM.
Old June 8th, 2020, 10:31 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

You can find a picture of the first miniature found for the GW here.
(also, that's indeed a Bronze D&D dragon and not a green-washed one)

Otherwise, as long as you are okay to go with a non-D&D figure, there is the Safari mini Forest dragon... but it's hard to find (the keywords to search for it on the internet don't fit really well...) and I am not sure it's size would fit really well for semi-official heroscape IMO (or only as a really nice and cheap proxy)

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old June 8th, 2020, 10:49 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Sadly the Safari figures are even smaller than the D&D ones. I looked around and could not find a pre-painted figure about the same size as what we need that is in enough quantities. See my post a couple pages back on 3D printing or the unpainted one @UtahScott posted above looks good.

Old June 8th, 2020, 02:02 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

In regards to the concerns about the power-level of the green wyrmling being "overblown" I think that is misunderstanding the feedback. I read killometer's review and see a unit that is unfun for melee-only armies to play against, and possibly too good against some of the best melee-only builds.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 8th, 2020, 04:27 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

That's nyys's review, but anyway, and I think the characterization of that criticism as being about the power level is fair. He's saying he thinks it's stronger than other counterstriking armies.

At any rate, I think we've addressed those issues somewhat in our newer version with more attack, less defense, and a different take on counterstrike that's less punitive to squads.
Old September 21st, 2020, 10:06 PM

SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I agree, I like that quite a bit.

Just putting that together:
LIFE = 1
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 35

FLEDGLING COUNTERSTRIKE

For each excess shield a Green Wyrmling rolls when defending against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, roll an unblockable attack die against the attacking figure.

WYRMLING BONDING

FLYING
I was working on my own design for a Green Wyrmling, and then I discovered this thread. I really like this version and decided to playtest it because I would like to see an SoV or C3V Green Wyrmling.

Playtest Results:

Spoiler Alert!

In short, this is my favorite version so far, but it's still too powerful.

In reading the thread, lots of people have suggested all sorts of changes to balance the Green Wyrmling, but I don't think anyone has seriously suggested changing the point value. This is a case where you can't lock all of the variables. If you want a common hero with Fledgling Counter Strike (any version proposed so far), Wyrmling Bonding, and Flying with Move 5 and Defense 4, then you can't lock the point value at 35. It has to change to fit these other stats.

I would propose the following changes:

Move 4 (There is precedent for a Wyrmling to have 1 less Move than the parent. This would help limit the Green Wyrmling from Flying into advantageous positions on the map.)

Drop Attack or Defense to 3 (Dropping attack is more conservative. Dropping defense might make the Green Wyrmling feel less like mini Charos, but it would reduce the potency of adding Raelin, height, or a Defense glyph to Fledgling Counterstrike.)

Points 40 or 45 (40 is more conservative theme-wise. There is no precedent for a Wyrmling at more than 35 points, but out of all the thematic elements to break, I think breaking the point value element is the least offensive. I would rather have a Green Wyrmling at 45 points than no Green Wyrmling at all.)

Last edited by SIEGE; September 21st, 2020 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Credited wrong tester
Old September 21st, 2020, 10:25 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIEGE View Post

Points 40 or 45 (40 is more conservative theme-wise. There is no precedent for a Wyrmling at more than 35 points, but out of all the thematic elements to break, I think breaking the point value element is the least offensive. I would rather have a Green Wyrmling at 45 points than no Green Wyrmling at all.)
Agreed.

Old September 21st, 2020, 10:30 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Agreed. Point values are reserved for balance, not correlation/parallels from one unit to another.

I suggested the 4 move previously in this thread. dok kind of shot it down quickly (admittedly in favor of tests before doing so) but flying and 4 move is good on 90% of competitive maps.

I'm not so worried about Gerda because most competitive glyph pools have removed it. Between it and Raelin, games last much longer than they should when figures are each rolling 5-7 defense.
Old September 21st, 2020, 10:38 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I don't see why green wyrmlings in their perfect matchup with A+ backing should be expected to lose.
Old September 21st, 2020, 10:49 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Agreed. Point values are reserved for balance, not correlation/parallels from one unit to another.

I suggested the 4 move previously in this thread. dok kind of shot it down quickly (admittedly in favor of tests before doing so) but flying and 4 move is good on 90% of competitive maps.

I'm not so worried about Gerda because most competitive glyph pools have removed it. Between it and Raelin, games last much longer than they should when figures are each rolling 5-7 defense.
I saw a game where Captain America was rolling 9 defense dice because his team had both Gerda and Jalguard.

Old September 21st, 2020, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I don't see why green wyrmlings in their perfect matchup with A+ backing should be expected to lose.
Well this too. I was mostly agreeing with the notion that if necessary, points can go beyond 35. I was also pointing out that I would rather change the Move than the attack/defense values (every other dragon/wyrmling attack/defense values mirror each other).

Agreed that we would need further testing against a magnitude of armies to determine their true value.

I am being further and further convinced that I need to pick up these minis. Idk if it would be worth buying out eBay and selling them back to Scapers for a little cheaper, something I am willing to lose a little bit of money on (and be totally transparent with) if it secures us as many minis as possible.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards