Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old October 26th, 2016, 09:29 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Watched 1977's The Car last night.
I've not seen this one since I was what, seven or eight!
Still a lot of fun.

Then I followed it up (and finished this afternoon)
Halloween III: Season of the Witch. It's a decent flick.
Old October 29th, 2016, 12:37 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've seen this movie twice with the second viewing only last night. Didn't realize how dream-like it was in its quality. The narrative is odd and disjointed, but definitely memorable.

As I child, having only viewed snippets, it was quite the creepy film with the clean, bright n white appearance of the masuleum, the silver-shiny chrome death-spheres, lanky, free-flowing tall man and the sinister Jawas.

Sniffing about a bit and realized Don Coscarelli is the man behind this film and one other very impressionable movie of my youth, The Beastmaster! Okay, his legacy is secured in my filmography fan book.

My favorite scene in this eclectic film

Fun film. I think I love the seventies.
Old October 29th, 2016, 11:05 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Classic. Great series. Love the car (Hemi-Cuda I believe) and the ridiculous shotgun(though that may have been in #2).

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 29th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Emeritus Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Classic. Great series. Love the car (Hemi-Cuda I believe) and the ridiculous shotgun(though that may have been in #2).
Ah, you've seen them! I knew there was something I liked about you, Tornado.
The car is sweet and apparently included because Don Coscarelli knew of a guy who drove one in high school.
From http://phantasm.com/legacy/index.php...d=26&Itemid=49
Quote:
The choice of vehicles for Phantasm had its roots back in Don's high school days in the early 1970S. A schoolmate drove a brilliant, Sassy Grass Green, Pistol Grip 4speed 'Cuda with a white interior. The 'Cuda made a lasting impression on Don Coscarelli, and when it came time to decide what car to use for his movie, he knew what it had to be.
I need to partake of the other entries in the Phantasm series as well as attempt a second viewing of Bubba Ho-Tep.

Next Halloween-inspired viewing was Train to Busan. I discovered this South Korean film thanks to my Reddit browsing. Loved the premise of quickly-infected and herky-jerky fast zombies (who create their own literal wave of undead bodies similar to stuff seen in World War Z) on a train.

The film was okay. The character types were interesting: young couple with expecting child, two elderly ladies, a work-busy dad with his tiny daughter, and the Carter 'no-one-else-but-me-matters' Burke-ish older business man/villain.

There is a unique and creative, memorable sequence involving tunnels and the dark.
One of the trailers for the film:
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 29th, 2016, 02:02 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Big Bubba Ho-Tep fan.

There were rumors of a sequel, Bubba Nosferatu.

Great info the Cuda. I love to know trivia like that.

I had Phantasm on VHS for a long while and it was among the tapes that I donated to a friend's father who was going down the Mississippi.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 29th, 2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Ah, you've seen them! I knew there was something I liked about you, Tornado.
The car is sweet and apparently included because Don Coscarelli knew of a guy who drove one in high school.
From http://phantasm.com/legacy/index.php...d=26&Itemid=49
Quote:
The choice of vehicles for Phantasm had its roots back in Don's high school days in the early 1970S. A schoolmate drove a brilliant, Sassy Grass Green, Pistol Grip 4speed 'Cuda with a white interior. The 'Cuda made a lasting impression on Don Coscarelli, and when it came time to decide what car to use for his movie, he knew what it had to be.
I need to partake of the other entries in the Phantasm series as well as attempt a second viewing of Bubba Ho-Tep.

Next Halloween-inspired viewing was Train to Busan. I discovered this South Korean film thanks to my Reddit browsing. Loved the premise of quickly-infected and herky-jerky fast zombies (who create their own literal wave of undead bodies similar to stuff seen in World War Z) on a train.

The film was okay. The character types were interesting: young couple with expecting child, two elderly ladies, a work-busy dad with his tiny daughter, and the Carter 'no-one-else-but-me-matters' Burke-ish older business man/villain.

There is a unique and creative, memorable sequence involving tunnels and the dark.
One of the trailers for the film:
Spoiler Alert!
Big Bubba Ho-Tep fan. Rumors of a sequel, Bubba Nosferatu.

Love the info on the car.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 29th, 2016, 07:49 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
I finally watched Sunday's Walking Dead episode tonight. Man that was intense.
Yeah, that was rough. As a fan of the books and the show, I'm glad they kept it as close to the comic as they did. That said, I loved the episode but probably won't watch it again for a while - at least not the first half.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old October 29th, 2016, 08:11 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
I finally watched Sunday's Walking Dead episode tonight. Man that was intense.
Yeah, that was rough. As a fan of the books and the show, I'm glad they kept it as close to the comic as they did. That said, I loved the episode but probably won't watch it again for a while - at least not the first half.
Yeah I know what you mean. It is one episode that I have no plans of ever watching again.

Also I just realized that I posted this in the wrong thread. Oops

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old October 29th, 2016, 09:20 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Got home from gaming from 10-6, and my wife and daughters were about 20 minutes into watching Tarzan, so I sat and watched it with them. I had heard it was bad, but man was it bad. Eghads!

It looked like they strung together a bunch of trailers and called it a day. The whole thing was so ridiculous, that it seemed like a it was meant as a mockery.

Verydisappointed, but at least I didn't waste the time or money to see it in the theater.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 30th, 2016, 02:08 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Sniffing about a bit and realized Don Coscarelli is the man behind this film and one other very impressionable movie of my youth, The Beastmaster! Okay, his legacy is secured in my filmography fan book.
I loved the Beastmaster. It was on cable a while back, but I missed a lot of it.i really need to track down a copy of that.
Old October 30th, 2016, 09:38 AM
Emeritus Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
I loved the Beastmaster. It was on cable a while back, but I missed a lot of it.i really need to track down a copy of that.
My friend and I were twelve when it was released and his parents took us to see it in the theater. Action-packed and very dark in subject matter. Quite a cusp of subject matter at that age: death-ready cultists, village massacres, child sacrifice, ear-wormed crazed BDSM-ish freaks, Wertham ocular injury, bird-worshipping bat-gaunts with acidic death-hugs for unwary travelers, and Tanya Roberts. Oh man, what entertainment for boys!

Roberts made a lasting impression on our youth. One of our friends secured a copy of that year's Playboy issue featuring her in all her glory. Dizzying days indeed.

Months before , I had seen The Sword and the Sorcerer which was equally dark and creepy in certain sequences, but nowhere near as entertaining as The Beastmaster to come.

Just a smattering of Eighties swords 'n sorcery films.
What a time to be a kid:
Hawk the Slayer (1980)
Clash of the Titans (1981)
Dragonslayer (1981)
Excalibur (1981)
The Beastmaster (1982)
Conan the Barbarian (1982)
The Sword and the Sorcerer (1982)
Fire and Ice (1983)
Krull (1983)
Old November 5th, 2016, 08:26 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I took my daughters to see Dr. Strange today and we all enjoyed it. Similar origins type story but a lot of neat magical elements that certainly add to the Marvel Universe repertoire.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies