Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers

Old October 25th, 2016, 04:53 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Drafting Table

The Book of Urban Building Rules

C3G (set info here)

Urban Buildings
Buildings (Enclosed Structures and Interior Access Structures) are considered to be another kind of terrain piece. Buildings may be built on any normal terrain such as grass, sand, rock, etc. Buildings may not sit on water tiles or other tiles considered to have no height.

Hex Categorizations

In order to bring right-angled buildings to the hex-shaped C3G Battlefield, hex grid floorplans have been created for many of these buildings. In order to clarify figure interactions with these floorplans, three categories of hexes must be established: full hexes, half hexes, and partial hexes. Read on for more information about each category.

Full Hexes
Full Hexes are standard sized Heroscape hexes that are treated as normal spaces according to the game rules. A Full Hex is any tile space that a figure’s base will fit fully inside.

Half Hexes
A Half Hex is any tile space that a figure's base will not fit fully inside, but that an official Heroscape Wound Marker will fit fully inside.

Partial Hexes
A Partial Hex is any tile space that an official Wound Marker will not fit fully inside. Both Half Hexes and Partial Hexes are governed by special rules.

Disputed Hexes
In the case of a dispute on fit or on whether a figure's base is "officially-sized" or not, an official Heroscape base from the Marvel: the Conflict Begins Master Set can be used as a standard of measurement to determine whether a tile space is a Full Hex or Half Hex.

If the official base can fit fully inside of the disputed space, the Hex is a Full Hex. If the official base cannot fit fully inside of the disputed space, the Hex is either a Half Hex (if an official Wound Marker can fit fully inside the space) or a Partial Hex (if an official Wound Marker cannot fit fully inside the space).

Destructible Objects and Partial and Half Hexes
A destructible object can only occupy a Partial Hex or Half Hex if that destructible object is placed there (whether at the beginning of the game or through a special ability on an Army Card or glyph) and if that Destructible object can fit normally in that space (for specifics or any questions, address the Books of individual destructible objects).

Partial Hex Movement
Figures that are not destructible objects cannot occupy Partial Hexes, move into Partial Hexes, or be placed there by special powers on any Army Card or glyph.

Half Hex Movement
Figures that are not destructible objects cannot occupy Half Hexes. However, any figure can move through an unoccupied Half Hex, unless it would cause the moving figure to become engaged or any special power on any Army Card or glyph could cause a figure to end its movement in a Half Hex.

Half Hex Movement and Engagement
A figure that is engaged when it would begin its movement into a Half Hex is considered to be leaving that engagement and is therefore subject to leaving engagement attacks.

i.e. if Superman is engaged with Doctor Doom and Superman begins movement into a Half Hex, Doctor Doom can make a leaving engagement attack on Superman. This is true even if the Half Hex Superman is moving through is adjacent to Doctor Doom's space. In this way, moving through a Half Hex space is similar to beginning movement with the flying special ability.

Counting Partial and Half Hex Spaces for Special Powers
When counting spaces for special powers, such as flying or leaping movements over a certain number of spaces, or special attacks that affect a certain number of spaces, the simple rule is this: Partial Hexes should never be counted and Half Hexes should always be counted as one space each.

Enclosed Structures
An enclosed structure is any terrain feature that completely covers multiple spaces without a way to view the interior of the structure or directly move figures through the interior of the structure. For example, a building like the Apartment Complex is an enclosed structure.

Many enclosed structures, including most buildings, feature Exit spaces, which allow figures to move through these enclosed structures more efficiently. Exit spaces for enclosed structures will be detailed in their individual books or in maps using these structures.

Entering and Exiting Enclosed Structures (Buildings)
If an enclosed structure features more than one Exit space, figures may use these to travel through the enclosed structures.

Any Tiny, Small, Medium, or Large figure up to Height 7 that is occupying an Exit space may move to any empty, non-adjacent Exit space (or spaces, for double based figures) on or adjacent to the same enclosed structure, as long as moving into the second Exit space constitutes a legal move (i.e. if it is not occupied by an enemy figure, or by a friendly figure that is engaged).

Moving from one Exit space to a non-adjacent Exit space requires 4 spaces of movement for most one or two story Buildings, but each Enclose Structure will specify the number of spaces required to move through it in its Book.

Figures do not need to start their turn on an Exit space in order to travel through an enclosed structure this way. They only need to move into an Exit space with enough spaces remaining in their movement for that turn. If they do not have enough spaces remaining when they move into an Exit space, they cannot travel to a non-adjacent Exit space this turn.
Figures do not automatically stop when they move into Exit spaces and can continue moving after traveling between Exit spaces with any remaining movement available.

All normal engagement rules apply for figures moving out of Exit spaces. In this way, moving from one Exit space to another is similar to figure placement rules, but with an associated static movement cost.

Interior Access Structures
Some terrain features that completely cover multiple spaces do offer a way to view the interior of the structure and directly move figures around in the interior of the structure, as well as contain interior spaces that figures can occupy. These are known as interior access structures, and cover many buildings with playable interiors. For example, a building like the Small House is an interior access structure.

Occupying Interior Access Structures
The Book of each Interior Access Structure specifies what size and height figure can occupy that structure. Most Interior Access Structures permit Tiny, Small, Medium, and Large figures, up to Height 7, to occupy them, as long as those figures can fit normally into available spaces within those structures. The Small House, for example, allows Tiny, Small, Medium, and Large figures, up to Height 7, to occupy available spaces in its interior.

Entering Interior Access Structures
Each interior access structure has Entrance spaces marked in its Book. Any figure that can occupy an interior access structure can enter that same interior access structure, so long as that figure follows all of the normal rules of movement and engagement in the process.

Download the PDF

This set of rules is not necessary to enjoy C3G customs, but it is designed to enhance your SuperHero Battles by allowing figures to move through and inside of C3G buildings.

Urban Buildings Description- What's a superhero without a city to defend? And what's a city without buildings crowding the sky? Goodbye forests and mountains, hello canyons of steel and glass.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; October 26th, 2016 at 10:48 AM.
Old October 25th, 2016, 04:53 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Draftting Room

Reserved for links.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 25th, 2016, 05:01 PM

Here in the Drafting Room where we will be attempting to design and build the skyscrapers and other various urban dwellings to bring City'Scape to C3G.

Feel free to ask questions, brainstorm, whatever you would like to contribute.

There is a bunch of ideas buried and scattered in various non-public threads. I will be bringing them out here for everyone to consider in what will hopefully be a timely way.

japes and I have completed a lot of early leg work so this may not be too bad to see through. Big thanks to Yodaking and Bats for getting this going way back in the day, before I got involved and the whole original Terrain Sanctum members. quozl and A3n were in there too. A3n helped out with the base map for the Small House, big thanks there, that was huge.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 25th, 2016, 05:08 PM

Looks like we need to switch the Blueprint(the original thread) with the Book of Small House to get this going.

Basically your are playing a normal game with extra terrain to be tested.

I am not sure if you can playtest the Small House while playtesting a figure. That is what I did and it felt fine for me. It actually enhanced my Jason playtests after I added some curtains to the windows.

So far I have really enjoyed every game I have played with the Small Houses.

The bummer part is having to buy them and may be the biggest obstacle to finishing this LD. Hopefully Bats will be able to submit some tests as I know he used them in a few different tests.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 25th, 2016, 05:35 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Is this the one that you want me to move over?

Also Drafting Board or Drafting Table seems more appropriate than Drafting Room

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 25th, 2016, 06:19 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Wow. A lot to dissect here. I'll probably weigh in tomorrow night, after I've had a chance to catch up a bit.

Good to see this make its way to the Danger Room. Definitely foreseeing some little plastic house purchases in my future.
Old October 26th, 2016, 10:54 AM

Re: Drafting Table

Looking forward to the feedback Ronin!

Thanks japes.

Should we move over the thread for the Rules(which are in the OP)?
It is only 4 pages long.

Small House(s)(you get two) on sale here for $17.69.

- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; October 26th, 2016 at 11:44 AM.
Old October 26th, 2016, 11:03 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Looking forward to the feedback Ronin!

Thanks japes.

Should we move over the thread for the Rules(which are in the OP)?
It is only 4 pages long.
Tag me in the thread you want moved.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 26th, 2016, 11:11 AM

I thought I would wait for more Hero feedback but will do. Thanks again.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 26th, 2016, 11:41 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I thought I would wait for more Hero feedback but will do. Thanks again.
Yeah I meant once it's ready make sure you tag me in the correct thread so I don't move the wrong one again.

Old October 27th, 2016, 11:24 AM

- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 27th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

No time to read over the rules again, but I'm subscribing so I don't miss anything. Glad to get this out and moving again!

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers