Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 27th, 2020, 08:44 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

A couple of Kickstarters I was waiting to back have been waiting to see how the Chinese conditions shake out. The Leaders and Legends expansion for Hellenica: Story of Greece was just announced for June 1. The Second Edition and Expansion of Spheres of Influence: Battle For Global Supremacy (a Risk evolution) is still on hold. I've played the original edition and its very good!
Old May 28th, 2020, 06:20 PM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

A board game about protecting the wilderness in Taiwan?!

This will probably be a pretty light game, but I'm still excited enough about it that I wanted to share with folks who might not otherwise hear about it.

Things I like:
1. Focused specifically on Taiwan.
2. Primary goals are to plant trees, stop fires, and rescue animals.
3. Cute artwork

It's hard to know exactly how a game is going to play without actually playing it. At first glance it seems a bit on the simpler side while still being engaging. Regardless, for the above reasons, I'm an excited backer of this game, and if any of the above seem appealing to you, you should check it out as well!

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old May 30th, 2020, 09:56 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The Kickstarter for Kemet: Blood and Sand (Second Edition) is now up until June 16. There is an update kit for half the price for those who already have the game. Its Metagot's first KS, and they're a great company.
Old May 31st, 2020, 10:40 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
The Kickstarter for Kemet: Blood and Sand (Second Edition) is now up until June 16. There is an update kit for half the price for those who already have the game. Its Metagot's first KS, and they're a great company.
As I discussed with @chas on the phone, I have decided, after watching a video and visiting the KS site, I will not be buying the Kemet Upgrade. If anything I might pick up the Seth expansion.

I am still backing Sleeping Gods (hopefully ready early Autumn) and Return to Dark Tower (2021).

Last edited by Dysole; June 1st, 2020 at 08:28 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2020, 10:42 PM

Reinhart_x is surprisingly tart

A bit late on this one but I recently backed Frosthaven. I haven't even finished my first Gloomhaven campaign yet but I know I'll want more in the future. I didn't find out until 20 minutes before it ended.

I think the only other board game I've Kickstarted before is Tiny Epic Kingdoms several years ago and from what I've seen they've been doing a great job with that Tiny Epic series ever since. Definitely recommend
Old June 8th, 2020, 03:02 AM

Currently backing an unprecedented five Kickstarters; check them out as they are all still either live or offering Preorders:

Titans (Go On Board)
The Great Wall (Awaken Realms)
Ankh: Gods of Egypt (CMON)
Commands & Colors Tricorne: Jacobite Rising (Compass)
Hellenica: Story of Greece: Leaders & Legends Expansion (Mr. B Games)

I've decided not to back the new Kemet: Blood and Sand, since I already own the perfectly good first version, plus both the Ta-Seti and Seth expansions. But its a good bet if you don't have the old game!
Old June 8th, 2020, 09:39 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Haven't backed any games for a while but I am currently backing Age of Dogfights: WWI. I am quite impressed with the game, and the KS campaign has been going very well.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...of%20dogfights
Old June 13th, 2020, 04:32 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Not sure when it will drop, but am excited for Massive Darkness 2 when CMON decides to put it up on kickstarter sometime this year. Im currently waiting for zombicide 2.0 and just late backed ankh: gods of egypt. Im excited for a massive darkness 2 on a few different levels. More epic dungeon monsters to add to my collection, more content to add to my game, and hopefully a better thought out campaign mode and such to make what I already have even better.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 6th, 2020, 01:31 AM

Being still Pandemically isolated, I just got both Zoom (not game play related) and Steam with Table Top Simulator. Some of my recently finished KS offerings like The Great Wall and Ankh: Gods of Egypt are already being played in prototype form online; apparently this is now standard for many new games.

You can check out what you think, and tell the design teams, who are still tweaking the game! Recently some changes were made to both games. Some seem to have specifically reflected comments made by players.

Not having played any video games since the late 70s-early 80s, and missing more recent types with their newer standard key control commands, my first short tries at a couple of older games I have played before with face to face opponents left me feeling like an astronaut trainee in zero gee! I watched as the board display just went floating off my screen! I'll need some practice.

But Steam is free, and TTS only costs 10 bucks. Many of the games you can get are free, including all the new prototypes, and others are cheap to purchase in their store page. I'm also happy to report that they don't seem to strain my eyes, like watching a standard video does.
Old July 6th, 2020, 01:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
We play a lot of C3G on TTS on Steam.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; July 8th, 2020 at 09:00 AM.
Old July 6th, 2020, 01:53 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Tabletop Simulator is on sale right now on Steam. Normally it's $20 for a single license and $60 for a four-pack, but right now it's $10 and $30, respectively. Anybody interested in going in on a four-pack together?

Sale ends July 9.
Old July 7th, 2020, 12:35 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Tabletop Simulator is on sale right now on Steam. Normally it's $20 for a single license and $60 for a four-pack, but right now it's $10 and $30, respectively. Anybody interested in going in on a four-pack together?

Sale ends July 9.
I've been waiting a long time for it to get down to $5/license. But I would settle for $7.50. Count me in.

---

Just backed the first follow-on Kickstarter for Sorcerer, which I loved.

I also backed Tiny Epic Pirates, which may have been a questionable choice on my part, but I like the theme enough and Gamelyn Games has not let me down so far.

Today I will be backing the new Ascension Tactics game.
It is a "deckbuilding miniatures game" with some interesting mechanics.

EDIT: oof. I said that and then looked at the price! Can't swallow that much right now

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games