Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 29th, 2015, 01:30 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Jason Voorhees (Breathing)

Ok, after thinking on it, I do like Out of Nowhere, and think it has a better representation of how the character works. It needs tweaked a bit, as I don't know if it's exactly how it should be, but I like the execution and theme it brings.

The problem with the way the current power works, in the SP, is that Jason doesn't really slowly follow his victims for long distances. Having him move 2 spaces at a time, is more like a tracking ability, or a zombie, than how Jason operates. Jason pops up, goes for the kill, fights a bit, and if he doesn't kill them right then, he disappears again to pop up elsewhere. He can also mysteriously appear in front of them, even though they were clearly out running him. He can pop up on top of a building, when they just took the time to climb up there. He very much teleports, and stays hidden until he goes for the kill. He does have some stalking going on, as well as hunting and tracking, but he isn't supposed to be out in the open moving slowly the entire time.

So I like the thought put into yours. He pops out, and immediately goes for the kill. I also like the idea of them escaping in that turn, only for him to pop out and surprise them. That's where we need to put the focus on for this power. He should be surprising your opponent. Sure, we have that a bit with Friday the 13th, placing him anywhere on the field, but him popping up all of a sudden, in surprising fashion, and going for the kill, is a great representation of the character.

The one thing I don't know if I'm completely sold on, is having it take place by revealing an X after your opponent takes a turn. I like that idea, and the execution, but I don't know if that's going to cause problems mechanically, or balance wise with him not requiring a turn to actually harm the opponent. So we may need to flesh that out a bit. Perhaps we add a "if there is at least one unrevealed numbered Order Marker on this card, you may reveal the X" requirement in there?
Old November 29th, 2015, 02:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like the Out of Nowhere mechanic too, although I'm not sure the 2 unblockable die if adj. part is needed. One unblockable die is enough.
Old November 30th, 2015, 12:50 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Survivor

On average, Jason dies after ~9.6 attacks (a little less than that since Undead Resilience doesn't save him if he's dead) have landed on him. With Friday the 13th, he revives in ~4 rounds (just under). So... that looks potentially frustrating without even taking into account the teleport power.

~Dysole, noting that these statistics were garnered with the average C3G attack value (4) and that with 5 it lops off just under 3 attacks
Old November 30th, 2015, 02:16 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

That doesn't worry me. Your opponent's army will at least have 1-2 5 or higher attackers. That's also not taking into account specials etc. that deal wounds, or add auto-skulls. It's also worth pointing out even if someone had an attack of 1-3, they have just as much possibility of hurting Jason considering he doesn't remove any wounds if he takes 1, and if he takes 3 or higher, he's still getting hurt. The potential of auto-killing him from 6 skulls, or as he gets closer to death, grows easier and easier. Once he takes 2-3 wounds, you only need to roll 3-4 skulls on a single attack to kill him, since UR only works if he wouldn't be destroyed.

So I think you're going to see him killed off within 3 attacks, much more often than 9 attacks.

We also have to consider the fact that he's only got 4 attack. That's usually not much to feel overwhelmed by.
Old November 30th, 2015, 08:46 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

But now he has an auto-wound power which makes him more dangerous.
I would try him and lower his Life if needed.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 30th, 2015, 11:03 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

He'll definitely need to be paired with other resurrecting figures, like Grundy, to prevent the easy tactic of just saving him until the end.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 30th, 2015, 01:03 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Right now, the combination of Friday the 13th and KI KI KI, MA MA MA is probably broken. The "not adjacent to opponent's figures" requirement on Ft13th is irrelevant, since I can just have him engage the next time my opponent reveals an OM. So he becomes instant tie-down of your opponents figures as soon as you hit the roll. For 170 points, that's a great bargain. In a good army you never give him an OM - he just continually ties opponents down and protects your other figures.

The simplest solution would be to require Ft13th to place Jason in his startzone.

FWIW Bloodshed is basically a theme power. Given that most melee attacks in C3G are going to be at least 4, whiffs are going to be awfully rare. I don't have any problem with the power at all, but if you are looking to save space, it's worth noting that it doesn't do very much.

I like the theme behind Out of Nowhere, but I'm not sure I like the implementation. What about a twist on Walking Dead?
KI KI KI, MA MA MA
After an opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card that opponent controls, you may immediately move each Jason up to 2 spaces. If no figure on that card has clear sight on Jason, you may instead place Jason on any empty space within 5 spaces of his original placement. If Jason ends this move engaged with one or more enemy figures that he was not engaged with at the beginning of this move, you may immediately roll 1 unblockable attack die against each figure. When moving with Ki Ki Ki, Ma Ma Ma, Jason will take any leaving engagement attacks.
So it's slow approach if you can see him, but when he's out of sight he can pop in from a good distance.
Old November 30th, 2015, 01:25 PM

That seems like the combination I was looking for dok. I wanted a combined version of what we had and what was suggested for OoN.

KI KI KI, MA MA MA
After an opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card that opponent controls, you may immediately move Jason up to 2 spaces. If no figure on that card has clear sight on Jason, you may instead place Jason on any empty space within 5 spaces of his original placement. If Jason ends this move engaged with one or more enemy figures that he was not engaged with at the beginning of this move, you may immediately roll 1 unblockable attack die against each figure. When moving with Ki Ki Ki, Ma Ma Ma, Jason will take any leaving engagement attacks.

We can always make it so Jason can only choose one figure he is engaged with to roll the unblockable, rather than all, if necessary for balance. We can also cut the "when moving with.....Jason will take any leaving engagements" that should be obvious. You always take leaving engagements unless stated otherwise, so I don't know why on some cards it is stated that they do.
Old November 30th, 2015, 01:40 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great suggestions dok.
I agree with Bats that you are going to want to try him in a re-spawn build.
Grundy, Gentleman Ghost, Judge Death and Jason should make for some tough decisions for the opponent.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 30th, 2015, 06:35 PM

We'd have to cut the auo-wound from whiffing, which would give us:

KI KI KI, MA MA MA
After an opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card that opponent controls, you may immediately move each Jason up to 2 spaces. If no figure on that card has clear sight on Jason, you may instead place Jason on any empty space within 5 spaces of his original placement. If Jason ends this move engaged with one or more enemy figures that he was not engaged with at the beginning of this move, you may immediately roll 1 unblockable attack die against each figure.

UNDEAD RESILIENCE
If Jason receives two or more wounds from a single attack but is not destroyed, you may immediately remove up to two of those wounds.

FRIDAY THE 13TH
At the end of the round, if Jason is destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, immediately place Jason on any empty space on the battlefield that is not adjacent to an opponent's figure, and remove all Wound Markers from this card.
Old November 30th, 2015, 06:42 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

To address dok's concern about FRIDAY THE 13TH, how about changing it to this (which I think is a bit more thematic)?

Quote:
FRIDAY THE 13TH
At the end of the round, if Jason is destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, immediately place Jason on any empty space on the battlefield that is not in clear sight of any opponent's figure and remove all Wound Markers from this card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 30th, 2015, 06:55 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Um...

Not sure that makes it any better. Also, are we assuming if you can't place him out of clear sight you can't place him?

~Dysole, still thinking Jason might be a lot more survivable than we're making him out to be (but I admit I'd need to look at it more in depth than I have time for)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library