Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 16th, 2020, 10:45 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Casters of Valhalla

https://castersofvalhalla.wixsite.co...odology-ft-dok
I welcome @dok on as the first co-host the show has had to discuss the methodology of the power rankings following some good discussion in our show thread.
CoV Thread:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=56266
My Power Rankings:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=54867
Dok's:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=37772
Original:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ead.php?t=6171
Cody's:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=55236
Old April 17th, 2020, 12:09 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Sigh...I was replaced with an A- level cohost (but don’t worry I included Raelin in that ranking).

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; April 17th, 2020 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Man, I’m hilarious.
Old April 17th, 2020, 12:30 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Casters of Valhalla

So, I think Iíve addressed just about everything in this thread. However, now that at least my baseline metric is established, Iím more than happy to continue the discussion!

Last edited by OEAO; April 17th, 2020 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Implying you were an A- cohost, even before Raelin...
Old April 17th, 2020, 09:41 AM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
@Kinseth Yeah, I think I understand what youíre saying. With my rankings where I rank units out of 10, I wanted to spread the units a bit more evenly down the list and lessen the top-heavy-ness. But I think that incentive might just be due to an overall problem I have with the bottom half of othersí rankings. And to be fair, when you discuss competitive play you tend not to give a crap about the bottom half of the units because theyíre not viable or rarely seen lol, so it doesnít bug me too much. I think the top half of Orcís rankings and Dokís VC rankings, and to a lesser extent Spiderís/Jexikís original rankings (since theyíre 10 years old), are solid and accurate. But I like trying to get any idea of what the bottom half looks like even though itís almost taboo in competitive talk. Maybe you feel the same way.
)
One of the main differences is that I live in the world of Online Heroscape(OHS) and we use many formats that do not always see competitive play at a place like Gencon, that really put your skills to the test with lesser known units. Our recent event was a Reverse Draft and there were some pretty low ranked figures represented in the drafts.(Such as Khosumet, Pelloth)

I will check out your ranking system... are you going to start ranking VC figures?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old April 17th, 2020, 01:01 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
@Kinseth Yeah, I think I understand what youíre saying. With my rankings where I rank units out of 10, I wanted to spread the units a bit more evenly down the list and lessen the top-heavy-ness. But I think that incentive might just be due to an overall problem I have with the bottom half of othersí rankings. And to be fair, when you discuss competitive play you tend not to give a crap about the bottom half of the units because theyíre not viable or rarely seen lol, so it doesnít bug me too much. I think the top half of Orcís rankings and Dokís VC rankings, and to a lesser extent Spiderís/Jexikís original rankings (since theyíre 10 years old), are solid and accurate. But I like trying to get any idea of what the bottom half looks like even though itís almost taboo in competitive talk. Maybe you feel the same way.
)
One of the main differences is that I live in the world of Online Heroscape(OHS) and we use many formats that do not always see competitive play at a place like Gencon, that really put your skills to the test with lesser known units. Our recent event was a Reverse Draft and there were some pretty low ranked figures represented in the drafts.(Such as Khosumet, Pelloth)

I will check out your ranking system... are you going to start ranking VC figures?
Iím going to update my rankings again soon, there are some changes I want to make for some units to go up a tier and some to go down a tier (maybe one to drop two). Iíll probably post the unordered list first, then post the ordered one when I eventually have it all rounded out (cuz it takes forever).

I have made a VC one too, but that one definitely needs an update, it doesnít even have several of the newest releases. I also donít play nor have that much VC, so itís a lot of me theorizing and going off of hearing peopleís opinions and battle reports on them. But I do like them for the most part, and dissecting the competitive game with them.

Last edited by Dysole; April 19th, 2020 at 01:17 AM.
Old April 19th, 2020, 08:41 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

What a year 2020 has been. Holy hell. I was glad to listen to my friends @OrcElfArmyOne and @dok talk Scape, as I resign myself to not seeing them this year.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old April 19th, 2020, 10:32 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
What a year 2020 has been. Holy hell. I was glad to listen to my friends @OrcElfArmyOne and @dok talk Scape, as I resign myself to not seeing them this year.
Thanks DS! I’ll be on a biweekly schedule through at least the summer. Hopefully, I’ll see you next year in Indy (assuming this year doesn’t happen).

Last edited by OEAO; April 19th, 2020 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Hope you and your family stay safe and healthy through all this!
Old April 19th, 2020, 11:29 PM

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Thanks!

I think, even if it there is a GenCon this year (which I doubt, because I've always thought they run a responsible business), you would not be foolish enough to attend.

See you next year, I hope.

= =
Old April 20th, 2020, 02:03 PM

I wanted to come back to this thread & say how much I enjoyed this one. I think the double host format works very well; I've also enjoyed the segments that were with just Ken. I think the compact structure also helped me, as a member of the listening audience, hear the flow and stick with it.

= =
Old April 20th, 2020, 02:52 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I wanted to come back to this thread & say how much I enjoyed this one. I think the double host format works very well; I've also enjoyed the segments that were with just Ken. I think the compact structure also helped me, as a member of the listening audience, hear the flow and stick with it.
Thanks for the feedback! This is the sort of feedback that really helps. Having only two people definitely makes it a lot cleaner and easier to follow. The next one (already recorded) has 4, but the structure of that one still makes it very easy to follow. Iím thinking 3 as an upper limit now, with a preference towards shorter episodes and 2 hosts.
Old April 20th, 2020, 03:45 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Started to listen to the Power Rankings episode, good stuff. Will certainly dig into them more.
Old April 20th, 2020, 04:16 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Started to listen to the Power Rankings episode, good stuff. Will certainly dig into them more.
Thanks for listening!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion