Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 21st, 2016, 08:40 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Sunfire - Design Phase

Maybe we should get an early CRB opinion on the startzone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 21st, 2016, 08:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Even if it encourages start zone podding (which I'm not convinced it does), I don't see it as a competitive issue, so much as an annoying playstyle issue. I doubt the CRB will see it differently, but I never mind hearing from those guys.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 22nd, 2016, 08:41 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I don't like how it encourages the player to not move figures from their startzone. I wish I had another suggestion for Honor of My Country because I feel that's really important for this character but I don't have one at this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I like the theme behind Honor but not sure about it's execution. Have we referenced Start Zones before on a card power? Either way, I don't like the encouragement of start zone pod sitting, that is super boring for the other team.
Normally I'm not a fan of encouraging players to sit in their startzone, but I do think it's an interesting territory for designing that we haven't explored yet, and very thematic for the character.

And yes, we've referenced Start Zones in powers before (Heimdall and the Bifrost for instance, but I'm not sure if we've used it on any other cards or not).
We also have a few drafts that reference Start Zones or at least it has been discussed for certain scientist alter ego designs.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 10:33 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

So this seems to be where we're at:

Quote:
NAME = SUNFIRE
SECRET IDENTITY = SHIRO YOSHIDA

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = HONORABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

HONORABLE DEFENDER
At the end of an opponent's turn,
if a figure you control within 4 spaces of your Start Zone received 1 or more wounds that turn, you may reveal an “X” Order Marker on this card to immediately take a turn with Sunfire.

ENGULF 10
Before moving, Sunfire may roll the 20-sided die once for each adjacent enemy figure. If you roll 10 or higher, that figure receives one wound. Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by Engulf 10.
Though we may want to update the wording for Engulf:
Before moving with Sunfire, you may roll the 20-sided die once for each opponent's figure without the Lava Resistant special power adjacent to Sunfire. If you roll 10 or higher, that figure receives one wound.

LAVA RESISTANT
Sunfire never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage and does not have to stop in molten lava spaces.

FLYING
I bumped his defense instead of his life (based on some research, his heat shielding is supposed to also give him protection against some forms of energy and even has the power to melt bullets), changed the name for Honor of my Country and reworded the beginning of it to match Hulk's power, then swapped Counter Strike for Engulf 10.

Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Maybe we should get an early CRB opinion on the startzone.
I agree with Bats that I don't think it's a competitive concern; most competitive armies don't sit in their startzone, and the ones that do are generally relying on figures who need the "X" (such as Mad Thinker and Ozymandias). That said, it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and see what they think: @dok , @Dysole , @Soundwarp SG-1 , @weebear; any competitive concern with a startzone based power like the one in the quote above?

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old March 22nd, 2016, 10:42 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'm not in love with Engulf 10, as I think it encourages you to engage with him and limit his mobility. Do we mind raising the roll? I feel it should make getting engaged less unattractive, not more attractive, if you get what I mean.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 10:47 AM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I'm not in love with Engulf 10, as I think it encourages you to engage with him and limit his mobility. Do we mind raising the roll? I feel it should make getting engaged less unattractive, not more attractive, if you get what I mean.
Hmm, I see what you mean. We could definitely just bump the roll up, but maybe Engulf isn't the right power? I'm wondering if something more along the lines of an Engagement Strike would capture the right playstyle for him (encourages both him and his opponent to avoid engagement).

Old March 22nd, 2016, 10:49 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'd definitely be onboard with Engagement Strike (or a fire/heat inspired derivative).
Old March 22nd, 2016, 11:01 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Honorable Defender is not a major competitive concern. It's a nice piece of extra efficiency in some situations but it's far from the most exploitative use of the "X" marker.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 11:19 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Maybe something like: Engagement Burn where it triggers like Engagement Strike, but has the possibility of additional wounds (burning) if it hits?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 22nd, 2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Honorable Defender is not a major competitive concern. It's a nice piece of extra efficiency in some situations but it's far from the most exploitative use of the "X" marker.
Thanks dok, that's what I figured.

As to a third power (replacing Counter Strike), it looks like we've got a lot of options. I'm going to put them together in a (sort of) poll. Feel free to vote on either just your favorite or all of the ones you support.

OPTION #1:
Engulf with a lower roll, encouraging Sunfire to engage
Spoiler Alert!

OPTION #2:
Engulf with a higher roll, making engagement not quite as enticing for Sunfire
Spoiler Alert!

OPTION #3:
Basic Engagement Strike, to discourage either player from engaging
Spoiler Alert!

OPTION #4:
A fire-themed Engagement Strike, to discourage either player from engaging
Spoiler Alert!

OPTION #5:
Raining Fire from Firefly's card, to encourage Sunfire to play a hit-and-run strategy and to avoid getting locked down
Spoiler Alert!

OPTION #6:
Some other power, preferably fire-themed (insert your suggestion)

OPTION #7:
None of the above, just leave him as a 2-power card

I'm currently leaning towards #3, 4 or 5, but I like all of the options well-enough.

Old March 22nd, 2016, 11:40 AM

I like 4 or 5.

Old March 22nd, 2016, 12:29 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like 4 and 5.

Although since he's freshly being discussed how about following suit with Electro

ELECTRIC SKIN 12
If any figure without the Electrically Charged special power moves adjacent to Electro, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, that figure receives one wound, and you may roll again for Electric Skin. Figures may be initially targeted only as they move adjacent to Electro.

and going...

ENGAGEMENT BURN 12
If any figure without the the Lava Resistance special power moves adjacent to Sunfire, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, that figure receives one wound, and you may roll again for Engagement Burn. Figures may be initially targeted only as they move adjacent to Sunfire.

I really like #5 option of flying around throwing balls of plasma at several figures but Engagement Burn get the omnidirectional blast idea across

In the archetype slotting he should definitely play as a blaster and not a fighter.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library