Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 3rd, 2010, 10:18 PM

Agent Zehm has disabled reputation
Talking Agent Zehm's Excellent terrain

Hey everyone.

I'm a long time Lurker on these forums, and I'm coming back after a long time away, and learning just now that Heroscpe is no more. I'm truly saddened that there will be no more official releases, but now At last I know that if it's not currently available, I should go ahead and make it myself since it won't show up on shelves any time soon, or like... ever I guess.

so here's some background on me and my collection before I start using this thread as a launch-pad for displaying my truly excellent terrain mods...

I'm the kind of gamer who collects more than I play. This isn't by design... I simply can't interest any of my friends in playing games with me. Even my roommate who collects magic The Gathering can't ever be coaxed into actually playing a game... & I have over 60 polished decks built and ready to play at the drop of a hat! So I collect, and I mod, and I paint since that's how I get most of my enjoyment out of my collection.

I've only played Heroscape proper a few times actually, because the entire reason I got into this game was for the modular terrain. I'm a Heroclix Player, a game I actually do get to play fairly often since I can find stores where games are being played (Trying to start a new group in Manhattan with some halting success) So for the most part, I've been collecting and modding with the notion of using the terrain and movement rules from Heroscape, and splicing them onto the Heroclix rules set, but I also like the idea of simply making character cards for clix pieces, simply ignoring the dials, and making my huge clix collection cross compatible.

another neat little twist is my incorporation of Nin-Gonost tiles. Nin-Gonost was this Canadian Miniatures game with awesome modular magnetic dungeon tiles. It didn't last very long unfortunately, but luckily for for me, they were promoting their game at Dragon*Con one year I was in attendance, and I was able to blow what cash I had on a fair number of their floor and wall tiles. I made a few terrain pieces that act as cross-system adapters, linking Heroscape and Nin-Gonost tiles together, and my theory of indoor/outdoor mapping was born: Outdoor tiles are hexes... Indoor tiles are square. This makes sense to me since buildings are orthogonal & confined, while outdoor spaces are open allowing for more freedom of movement.

I have a number of excellent mods to show you, but I'll have to take the pictures and upload them. So stay tuned and I'll share my creations with you.

I'm late to the party, but hey... let's keep this party goin' ~!

^^New guy around the forum^^

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles