Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old February 10th, 2009, 11:35 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Battleplan: A Heroscape Army Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cain View Post
Good news! Army printing definitely will be included in the next release. I am able to say this because it is mostly complete, and looking quite nice might I add. We're aiming to roll it out this Friday.

Great news! Thanks for all your hard work, I literally have been spending an hour or so every day just staring at this dang thing.

Last edited by Melwing17; February 10th, 2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old February 12th, 2009, 09:21 AM

NotsoP is surprisingly tart

I want to echo everyone else and say that this is a fantastic piece of work. Kudos to you, sir !

I have noticed 1 error - Sacred Band is listed with Personality of 'Valiant', but it should be 'Disciplined'.

Notsop

"... what did he mean 'slow of mind'?"
Old February 13th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

A couple more minor bugs:

*) In Sonlen's Dragon Healing special, you have "remove on wound marker". Should be "one".

*) Sir Denrick is listed as "Sir Dendrick".

*) Some of the card images are funky in odd ways ... where are you getting those from? The biggest issues I've seen are the wolves and the minutemen: their target zones are somehow offset, so they don't appear to fit in the target zone area. Not sure how this could have happened ... The greeks are another weird one: the target zone is in a big black square that doesn't match the target zone area either in shade or shape. Also, most (all?) the cards have a green outline in the border. Not sure where that comes from, although I notice that several of the cards here in our gallery have it too (but not as many). Of course, if you were pulling from the gallery, you wouldn't be missing as many card images as you are (Denrick, Skahen, etc). Why don't you just pull all of them from the gallery?

Still very curious to know what platform you're developing on ... I'd love to contribute (and I bet others here would as well), but I can't without some details. Besides, I have a 'satiable curiosity, as I'm sure you (as a fellow developer) could guess.
Old February 13th, 2009, 10:07 AM

Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Army printing: online.

Old February 13th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
*) Some of the card images are funky in odd ways ... where are you getting those from? The biggest issues I've seen are the wolves and the minutemen: their target zones are somehow offset, so they don't appear to fit in the target zone area. Not sure how this could have happened ... The greeks are another weird one: the target zone is in a big black square that doesn't match the target zone area either in shade or shape. Also, most (all?) the cards have a green outline in the border. Not sure where that comes from, although I notice that several of the cards here in our gallery have it too (but not as many). Of course, if you were pulling from the gallery, you wouldn't be missing as many card images as you are (Denrick, Skahen, etc). Why don't you just pull all of them from the gallery?
The weird cards are coming from Hasbro's website, I presume. Many of their cards have green borders and offset hit zones. Heck, some even have hit zones for other units.

Also, when you sort by height, the units are grouped together fine, but the groups are out of order.

Agent Skahen's set should be called "Skahen's Rescue."
Nerak's set should be called "Nerak's Return"

Thanks for this awesome resource!

Last edited by Mr Migraine; February 13th, 2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old February 13th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

A nice addition would be to add a list of units that benefit (or provide benefits) for the specials. For example: if a card has human champion bonding, then list the human champions.

The Hero Scape Army Builder has this and I find it really useful. And the old Hero Scape Manager also had this (unfortunately it hasn't been updated for a long time -- it had a version you could download to your PC and take with you -- i.e., no internet connection required).

Also -- nice work on this.
Old February 13th, 2009, 01:34 PM

Pickle4192 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
A nice addition would be to add a list of units that benefit (or provide benefits) for the specials. For example: if a card has human champion bonding, then list the human champions.

The Hero Scape Army Builder has this and I find it really useful. And the old Hero Scape Manager also had this (unfortunately it hasn't been updated for a long time -- it had a version you could download to your PC and take with you -- i.e., no internet connection required).

Also -- nice work on this.

I agree!!
Old February 15th, 2009, 07:52 PM

Scorpion5 is surprisingly tart

Jay,
What a fabulous resource/time killer! My hard drive recently crashed and while I was searching for my 'old' favorites I came across your Battleplan.
Incredible.
Thanks for spending your time and energy to develop this.
Scorpion 5
Old February 16th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Nice! +Rep

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old February 16th, 2009, 10:41 PM

rodaic69 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

LOVE IT!!! This is just what I was looking for and it has been bookmarked.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence you tried.
Old February 17th, 2009, 04:23 PM

Zer0scaper is surprisingly tart

Great tool!! This is the suggestion box, right? How about in the Unit Grouping section you can set it to General then Master Points (as an extra option). For example:
Jandar
Nilfheim 185
Drake SotM 170
Sir Dupois 150...

What do you think?

Oh yeah and instead of "None" you could put "Marvel" for the Marvel guys general. Just for show really, but I think it would be cool. Thanks again.

Last edited by Zer0scaper; February 17th, 2009 at 08:03 PM.
Old February 19th, 2009, 09:37 PM

oracle92 knows what's in an order marker oracle92 knows what's in an order marker

This is frickin' amazing. Nice job.

The dice help those who help themselves.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software