Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old December 30th, 2007, 05:22 PM

Agent_DDD has disabled reputation
Deadly Combo

So i'm about a week new to heroscape and already i'm trying to come up with the deadliest combo and then finding a way to counter it

So far i have Agent Carr, the Krav Maga Agents, The Knights of Weston, and Sgt Alexander with Laglor or Sir Gilbert.....it's proven pretty deadly and only been beaten ONCE in 5 games......so what is the counter to that?! any ideas?
Old December 31st, 2007, 02:38 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I would throw the deathreavers at you and tie up all your ranged guys with the little robotic rats. Possibly the Warriors of Ashra would be a good counter after that since they only need one shield defense once they're adjacent to the enemy. Sonlen with his dragon swoop power is a good counter also. I've used this army before and it was effective in taking out some high defense heroes.

Deathreavers x 3
Warriors of Ashra x 2
Sonlen
Nakitas or Krav/Kyntela

As a second army to counter your army. I would take Taelord (I know he costs alot, but I have had great success with this army) and 2 sets of the minions. Being able to fly and hopefully getting elevation on you while being within Taelord's attack aura would give the minions 4 attack die - which is a potential 8 skulls. Fill out the last 100 points with some ranged guys or something.

Just my opinion by the way. Hope it helps.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old December 31st, 2007, 03:17 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
A plain vanilla Grut army would cause you a lot of pain. Imagine:

Grimnak
Tornak
4xHeavy Gruts

KoW and KMA are both toast to Chomp and/or boosted Orc attacks. Drake/Carr/Gil won't stand up under a four unit melee beat down. Laglor might get lucky, but Heavy Grut defense is pretty high for his Autoloader.

~Aldin, swarmingly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 31st, 2007, 03:50 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Every combo in Heroscape is beatable.

No matter how perfect you might think your army is, there is another one out there that might not win quite as often as yours, but will be well suited to beat your army, or better on the map that you happen to be playing. Then come the dice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion