Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old July 10th, 2020, 04:33 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Workbook of Lurtz - Design (Fellowship B)

NAME = Lurtz

GENERAL = UTGAR
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Hunter
PERSONALITY = Relentless
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5

LIFE = 7
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 110

TRACKING
While moving, Lurtz may add 2 to his Move value. If he does, he cannot attack this turn.

ORC INTIMIDATION
All friendly Orc figures with a range of 1 that are within 4 clear sight spaces of Lurtz receive an additional attack die and subtract 1 from their defense dice.

Last edited by Chris Perkins; August 8th, 2020 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Changed Range from 5->6
Old July 10th, 2020, 04:34 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Workbook of Lurtz - Design (Fellowship B)

[reserved]
Old July 12th, 2020, 02:14 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

7 Life seems a bit high, I'm guessing its there because of the 110 point total. Thematically Lurtz should be comparable to Aragorn in our line up unless I'm mistaken. His death in the movie was carried out by Strider and it seemed like that fight could have gone either way if the conditions were different.

Any particular reason we have his range locked at 5? Even Roman Archers have a range of 6, seems like that's the bottom rung for any real archer unit. If we are going for thematic I think 6 should be considered because he had a pretty intimidating looking bow (draw weight = punching power and range).

Right now, I like the powers. It's interesting that he doesn't affect Orc Archers, but I like his aura because it says "Put me NEAR the front line" and you don't necessarily go out of your way to protect him.
Old August 8th, 2020, 04:40 PM

I'd be fine with upping the range to 6; makes him slightly better in an end-game clean-up role. I'll make that change to the OP.

Regarding life, I had 7 life / 3 defense because I think he needs to survive at the front line for a long time to use his aura effectively. Also, I like higher life / lower defense (as opposed to, say, 6/4 or 5/4) because in the movie Strider got a lot of shots in on him (stabs, slashes, etc.) before he finally went down so higher life seems more thematically correct to me.

I'm pretty happy with the card after the range change; I don't have any more ideas. Any other thoughts from the fellowship?
Old August 9th, 2020, 02:45 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I understand the reasoning for 7 life now, very beefy and takes a bunch of hits. It fits an Urak hai and the portrayal of the punishment he could take so I'm on board there now. Also, from a gameplay perspective it is more "fun" to hit the figure more often because it has lower defense but higher life but isn't any less fun or "game slowing" for the person that is playing him.

As for additional ideas, I appreciate the relentless personality and don't have any problems with any of his current stats or costs. The simplicity of these two abilities is good unless we need to give him Isengaurder/Whitehand traits.
Old September 16th, 2020, 11:53 AM

@MasterScaper1 any thoughts on this card in it's current state?

I'm pretty happy with it as-is, barring any change to the Unique Uruk-Hai card that would necessitate a change here as well.
Old September 16th, 2020, 05:38 PM

I second that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs