Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 27th, 2006, 09:01 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
uhhh... you may want to look at the Dark Queen's first ability closer.

All she needs is a 3 or higher, and she gets a free turn (OK, move and attack) with any Darkened (previously Wild) personality figure?

That's Sudema, Valguard, Swog... any others?
oops - the Tarn Vikings, too - their ability says
"BERSERKER CHARGE - After moving and before attacking, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, you may move all Tarn Viking Warriors again."
so if you move one of them, all of them may get a move ....

Then she gets a good ranged turn-prevention ability too?

If she just stayed in the back and granted free turns to 1, 2, or 3 others, she'd be good.
Old August 27th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
ChaosChild- Very good points all around.

Noremo: She was the hardest for me to word and I knew someone here would catch some things. The darkened personality is to be in play while she is. I would like to do more with this personality.

Dark Falcon: I originally had the ability with falling and falling from extreme hieght with a higher roll. I opted with just falling to keep him on the weaker end. I might also have to exclude other flying figures.

Ogre Guardian: Thanks for the spelling I knew i was wrong and I'm still not sure about his race. Is Orge OK? As for his being less intimidating than Skyknight...I wanted Sky's to be a great Unique Hero and for this guy to have the potential to surround Noremo. I think multiple commons guarding Noremo could be intimidating.

Yinwar: Yeah, Yinwar was one of my first and Einar was the only one without a dragon besides Jandar but he didn't fit there. Played him for the first time when Skyknight was out here. Sky actually took control of him and did pretty good. Couldn't really cost him by that game since he wasn't actually drafted.

Reaper- Good catch on the Dark Command ability (which I may change to Dark Control). Maybe she should be limited to Utgar wild units (that Tarn Viking wording did not come to mind).
I really wanted to have fun with her Darkening Minds. She would be able to use the opponents' figures with Dark Command. Plus the Falcon using line of sight should be fun too. I agree that she would be good with just granting free turns from the back but I wanted her to be a major threat to really intice opponents to move in on her, giving her guards a chance to protect her.

Thanks for the critique guys
Old August 27th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I really like Yinwar and he sure is a beatstick. He might be around 200 with Double attack and a nice ranged SA. Great looking fig too!

Kiros is interesting but can be very powerful since Order Markers control this game. He might be worth more than 120. Maybe up his defense by 1 (add some survivability) and make him at least 150.

I like the Clear Path ability on the Ogre Guardian. Very cool idea. I can see him stepping in the way to let other companions move to other positions on the battlefield.

Tallon Grab should maybe have 3 tiers:

1-4 leaving engagement (nice touch)
5-10 nothing happens.
11-20 the drop as detailed on the card. How do you determine falling damage? From what level do they fall from? Just curious. You might want to state that they target rolls 1 or 2 dice for falling damage. Other terrain rules also apply (lava, etc.)

The Dark Queen is scary. Need to think about her powers for a while.

Cool stuff so far. Glad to see the Key being used again as Kiros (I used him for a custom also.)

Newb.
Old August 27th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
I really like Yinwar and he sure is a beatstick. He might be around 200 with Double attack and a nice ranged SA. Great looking fig too!
I'm not sure about his cost yet but note that his double attack only works against an adjacent fig first.

Quote:
Kiros is interesting but can be very powerful since Order Markers control this game. He might be worth more than 120. Maybe up his defense by 1 (add some survivability) and make him at least 150.
Yeah he is going to need some serious testing. I added Time Slip to sort of help his staying power...I almost just gave him a roll 15 negate attack ability but wanted his time control to translated with more versatility.

Quote:
I like the Clear Path ability on the Ogre Guardian. Very cool idea. I can see him stepping in the way to let other companions move to other positions on the battlefield.
This one actually may be my favorite that I made so far. I can easily see this ability on an official unit.

Quote:
Tallon Grab should maybe have 3 tiers:

1-4 leaving engagement (nice touch)
5-10 nothing happens.
11-20 the drop as detailed on the card. How do you determine falling damage? From what level do they fall from? Just curious. You might want to state that they target rolls 1 or 2 dice for falling damage. Other terrain rules also apply (lava, etc.)
Yep, need to add that nothing happens line
I will be revisiting this one with you and Chaos Child's suggestions in mind.

Quote:
The Dark Queen is scary.
Good ! Excactly what I wanted to hear

Quote:
Cool stuff so far. Glad to see the Key being used again as Kiros (I used him for a custom also.)
Thanks I Just looked at your Key custom...It is great with the shadow hunters and all. Better pic than mine too...I just used the one from the Wizkids site but will load another pic later.

I really need to check out more of the customs threads. Since being inspired by Skyknight recently, I'm sure yoou guys will see more of me [/quote]
Old August 27th, 2006, 10:54 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
He looks Ogrish to me. To keep it simple, ogre is good. Half-ogre would be good too.

If you are looking to keep Yinwar's cost down, I would limit the double attack to normal attacks only. Right now he can fly in, fireball an adjacent group (yes, he could hurt himself but, he's got 7 life) and then fireball a group at range. A bit powerful.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old August 28th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild
He looks Ogrish to me. To keep it simple, ogre is good. Half-ogre would be good too.

If you are looking to keep Yinwar's cost down, I would limit the double attack to normal attacks only. Right now he can fly in, fireball an adjacent group (yes, he could hurt himself but, he's got 7 life) and then fireball a group at range. A bit powerful.
Hmmm, I guess he is then. I wanted the double attack to be normal melee then melee or fireball (which is how he was played on Friday night). This represents one head not being able to use the fire attack. A rewording may be needed.
Old August 28th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
I'm really digging your Mim repaint. Those green shades are really working well, not to mention the great mod work (not the first 2 headed, and definetly not the last we'll see) getting the necks to line up accurately is a job unto itself. Great work.

smallboxgames.com
Old August 30th, 2006, 07:00 PM

Gambit has disabled reputation
YOU ROCK ALLSKULLS! IM NOT WORTHY OF YOU, I STINK AND YOU ROCK I'M AN IDOT AND YOUR A GENIUSS!

i dont post that much

-Utradoug
a warhammer/HS site,im a mod there> www.miniwargames.net/forums
Old September 1st, 2006, 03:36 AM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit
YOU ROCK ALLSKULLS! IM NOT WORTHY OF YOU, I STINK AND YOU ROCK I'M AN IDOT AND YOUR A GENIUSS!
I am inspired...
Old September 1st, 2006, 04:53 AM
Grindmaster

#10 GERLAK

MK Skull Warder.

#11 YINWAR

Mimring modded with 2 heads. Painted green with battle scars.
Old September 1st, 2006, 05:19 AM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Nice job on the new cards. I think Charge Object may work better as a special attack:

Charge Object Special Attack
Range 1. Attack Special.
Before moving, choose a destructible object adjacent to Gambit. The chosen object and all adjacent figures are affected by Gambit's Charge Object Special Attack. After moving, roll a number of attack dice equal to the remaining Life of the chosen object. Each affected figure and the chosen object roll defense separately.

Or something to that effect. Sorry sort of tired. Death Mark is a fun ability. I had an ability like it on another custom. I would be careful with the Darklord Leading though. Right now you could still get 3 turns from it if Hasbro or a custom designer makes a squad that has bonding with Darklords. Also it could be confusing:

Squad A has Darklord Bonding so you would first take a turn with the Darklord. You would then have the question of whether you take a turn with the original bonded squad or with the chosen Darklord Lead squad. Maybe you could add some text:

After taking a turn with Gerlak in which you revealed an order marker on this card...

Or something to that extent. Sorry: still tired =P Yinwar looks good. Just needs some playtesting to ensure he is balanced. The combination of high life, along with ranged attack and flying can be pretty powerful.

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old September 1st, 2006, 11:47 AM
Grindmaster

Thanks, Ryd!

I knew Charged Object could be worded better. Your take is perfect
Made the fix.

I thought I had Darklord Leading covered but you bring up a good point. How about this...

"After using an order marker on this card and taking a turn with Gerlak..."

Yinwar is actually the one custom (besides super heroes) that has had some battle time. Skyknight actually used him and he worked out pretty good. I will be rewording his double attack so that he cannot use range twice. The idea is 1 melee and 1 range if possible. One head eats an adjacent opponent then the other (if not engaged anymore) shoots out a fireball.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards