Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old March 5th, 2012, 04:33 PM

Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby!
House of Cards - Free Army Card Exchange

Based on some recent discussion in the trade thread, I'm starting a little experiment here...

The Premise:
  • Many 'scapers have extra army cards they don't need.
  • Those same 'scapers are missing some army cards, too.
  • It's hard to find exact matches between two people, where each has the specific cards the other needs.
  • 'Scapers are honorable and like to pay it forward.
  • Free is good.
The Plan:
(open to suggestions and revision!)
1. Each participant creates a post listing spare army cards that they are willing to give away for free, as well as other army cards that they would like to receive.

2. To accept one or more free cards, simply...
a. Create your post as in #1 above.

b. Send a PM to another participant, requesting one or more cards they have offered and providing your shipping address.

c. Ideally, also look at the "wanted" portion of others' posts, and proactively offer to send other participants your matching cards.
3. All parties update their respective posts, noting how many cards they have successfully given away and received. (Optionally, list the specific transfers.)
Card Mailing tips:
To keep it simple, I suggest that the standard practice be to include free same-country shipping. (If you request free cards from someone in another country, you should offer to cover the shipping costs as part of your PM.)

Below, I've listed two common methods of mailing army cards. I'd recommend the first in most cases to keep costs down, though recipients of especially rare/valuable cards may want to request (and offer to pay for) an upgrade to the more expensive method.
  • Mostly secure (cheap): Place the card(s) in a 6x9 manilla envelope with a card sleeve, folded sheet of paper, card stock, or cereal box material. If the envelope still flexes and is light enough, it qualifies for the normal "letter" rate of around 50 cents. It's not foolproof, but it would take a lot of abuse to actually damage the cards inside.
  • Completely secure (more expensive): Sandwich the card(s) in standard cardboard before placing them in an envelope. The envelope can't bend at all, but due to rigidity and thickness, it's billed at the "package" rate of around $2.
Other Suggestions:
  • Ideally, folks would seek to keep their trades generous. In other words, don't offer a single Grok Rider card, while asking folks to send you all their Sacred Band, Armocs, etc. At the same time, please do offer up that spare Armoc card, so long as you are indeed willing to give it away.
  • Unless otherwise noted in your post, cards offered should be original (not self-printed) and in decent condition. (They need not be mint, but they shouldn't be shredded, either.)
  • While the main purpose of this thread isn't to find direct trades, those are fine too if you happen to want each other's cards.
I don't know quite what will happen or if this will even work, but it's worth a shot. If it does succeed, we could do something similar for orphaned squad figures. In any case, here goes...

* Available: Confrontation & other minis for C3V units (various Varks, Cultists, Gnids, etc.) *
My Sale/Trade List
The Orphanage - HS Figure Exchange
(My available/wanted orphans)

Last edited by Grison; March 6th, 2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old March 5th, 2012, 04:36 PM

Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby!
Re: House of Cards - Free Army Card Exchange

25 Cards Given
5 Cards Received

Cards Available:
(alphabetical list - 30 different cards)
Spoiler Alert!

Cards Wanted:
(alphabetical list - 29 different cards - bold especially wanted)
Spoiler Alert!

Card Swap History:
(most recent first)
Spoiler Alert!

* Available: Confrontation & other minis for C3V units (various Varks, Cultists, Gnids, etc.) *
My Sale/Trade List

Last edited by Grison; December 2nd, 2022 at 02:15 PM.
Old March 5th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sounds like a great idea. I'll look through my cards and post my list soon.
Old March 5th, 2012, 06:45 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah sounds great! I only need stinger, WoA and Jotun but I have many to give out. I'll post up my list later. Also I can print anyone's custom cards, high quality, with the correct size and on semi-gloss cardstock.

Another great thing about this is that cards can be shipped through regular mail, just with a larger (manilla) envelope, so the shipping cost in just a stamp!
Old March 6th, 2012, 10:42 AM

phil413ican knows what's in an order marker phil413ican knows what's in an order marker

3 Cards Given
2 Cards Received

Cards Available:
(alphabetical list - 12 card)
Spoiler Alert!

Cards Wanted:
(alphabetical list - 2 different cards - bold especially wanted)
Spoiler Alert!

Card Swap History:
(this thread only)
Spoiler Alert!

My Trade List

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Last edited by phil413ican; February 12th, 2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old March 6th, 2012, 01:08 PM

bradtato knows what's in an order marker bradtato knows what's in an order marker

I will absolutely attempt to partake in this game. A good majority of my cards are marked in some manner (some have a hole punched in them, some have initials written on them), and I'm mostly just looking for unmarked cards of the same variety for the sake of trading out complete card/figure sets to finish piecing together my collection. I'll try to get a list up soon.

I also have a handful of orphaned squad figures that are missing either one or two figures or the card to accompany them. I'll include them in my list.
Old March 6th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Resident Classifieds Guru

Ztimster rolls all skulls baby! Ztimster rolls all skulls baby! Ztimster rolls all skulls baby! Ztimster rolls all skulls baby!

I will need to do an inventory again, but I have a bunch of cards and now (the last lot I bought from craigslist was full of partial squads) a lot of orphans. I think we should get an Orphanage thread started.
Old March 6th, 2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztimster View Post
I will need to do an inventory again, but I have a bunch of cards and now (the last lot I bought from craigslist was full of partial squads) a lot of orphans. I think we should get an Orphanage thread started.
Introducing The Orphanage - Free Figure Exchange

My Sale/Trade List
Old March 6th, 2012, 05:40 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Ok so here is mine:

0 Cards Given
0 Cards Recieved

Cards Available:
Spoiler Alert!

Cards Wanted:
(only 3)
Spoiler Alert!

Card Swap History:
Spoiler Alert!
Old March 6th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wanted to add my list as well. It seems I'm missing mostly rare cards, so I'll go over my collection again to see if there are any I missed the first time.

3 Cards Given
Spoiler Alert!

1 Card Received
Spoiler Alert!

Cards Available:
Spoiler Alert!

Cards Wanted:
Spoiler Alert!

Card Swap History:
(this thread only)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by akden; October 27th, 2012 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Updated 3/17/12
Old March 11th, 2012, 12:14 AM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!

I don't have any extra cards at this time but I need a Dr. Doom. Mine has disappeared.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 01:52 PM

vikinglad knows what's in an order marker vikinglad knows what's in an order marker

Great thread idea. I just bought 4 cards from Orms return from ebay. Should have looked here first.

I was wondering, are people generally trading away duplicate cards for commons that they have more than one card for? For instance, I have 2 10th reg cards because I bought 2 packs. I only need one card for playing them; do I trade the other? I am hesitant only because I think my friends may want to use the other commons in their armies too, but I don't think this has ever happened in any of our games. How are you all approaching this?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online