Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 13th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Competitive Heroscape is not dominated by A+

Love of Morsbane? Overly literal as one of the tools of trolling? I think we have a winner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I said I also am undefeated in WI because I grew up in WI (I have since then moved to Boston).

Quote:
Originally Posted by To Serve Man View Post
Here is my battle Report. I ended up going 5-0.

My army was 4th Mass x 5, Marro Warriors, Morsbane and my sidebar was Raelin (Rotv) and Isamu

<snip>

Match 5- Championship Match

My final Match was against Ollie. He had 3x of Deathreavers, DW9k, Nakitas, Dund, and Isamu. Like me he had Morsbane but he decided to leave him out. The map was Arctic Highways, a map that we both seemed to dislike. Each starting zone was within 6 spaces of a glyph meaning we each easily got one on our 1st turn. Additionally, whoever won initiative was able to easily claim 3 of the 4 glyphs. I was very glad to finally play against an opponent with the Rats. Anytime someone is willnig to clog up half of their total start zone spaces with units that are almost no threat to kill my troops I am all for it. He sent out his Rats while I sent out my Marros and 4th Mass. This was little more than target practice for my troops and the Rats were dropping semi quickly. My main focus was on his Nakitas. They were the only real way he had of attacking me multiple times in a turn and therefore the only real threat he had to my army. He had the +1 unique attack glyph meaning the nakitas were lethal when they attacked but they also dropped very quickly. After his Nakitas were down he brought out his Deathwalker. His Deathwalker died against 1 attack die although things were looking bleak for him even before that happened. With a 300+ point lead I figured it would be fun to negate his Dund but sadly this was the only match where Morsbane did not pull his own weight. After a few failed negations I decided to just end it and used the 4th Mass to kill him. Ironically Dund ended up doing the most damage to my army. In the end I won with apporximately 260+ points left

Last edited by ollie; May 13th, 2011 at 10:29 AM. Reason: So I've been one of DA's crushed victims all along. Weird.
Old May 13th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
The alternative explanation is that he really hasn't been to any events of note, and he'd just be posting about fake events in his basement.
I don't think so. DA's had plenty of chances to say, "I haven't been to any of your fancy tournaments, but I know what I know and it's obvious because..." He's even said "a person doesn't have to go to a tournament to have an opinion," he just won't say that *he* is that person.

No, dok, in order to accept this explanation I would have to believe that DA thinks it's important we believe he has tournament experience. And he's said many times that he believes it *doesn't* matter if a person has tournament experience, and in fact I've responded many times I agree with him, as long as the person can back up his opinion one way or another.

But he's never come out and said he doesn't have that experience, even though that position is consistent with his own argument.

So no, I don't think that's it. The only rational explanation for his coyness is that he's a repeat customer.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 13th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

As an alternative to trying to convince DA of anything, you guys might want to try a trick I discovered while 'debating' with him in threads long forgotten:

1) position your keyboard so it's directly in front of you.
2) close your eyes and grit your teeth
3) bash your face on the keys repeatedly. 3-5 good smashes should do it.

While this won't actually do anything to change DA's mind-set / trollyness it WILL save you time by simulating the experience of ACTUALLY debating with him in the span of about 11 seconds.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old May 13th, 2011, 11:08 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

ollie's post convinces me. The vague disdain for rats (DA has said he thinks they're overrated) is something of a clincher as well.

ETA: a quick review of Jason/Stealth Dodge/TSM posts reveals not only the same opinions as DA, but many of the same posting quirks, such as often leaving off the closing period of a post. I'd be very surprised if this is not a match.

Also, DA is a Packers fan, and Jason grew up in Wisconsin.

This is all circumstantial evidence, but put together it's rather damning. This isn't a criminal case, though, so "beyond a reasonable doubt" need not be the standard. And if I were an Admin I'd wager FAR more than even money on these four all being the same person.

Last edited by dok; May 13th, 2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old May 13th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

So is he banned yet?

Jason = Stealth Dodge = To Serve Man = Devil's Advocate

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; May 13th, 2011 at 11:22 AM. Reason: The Banhammer cometh!!
Old May 13th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I don't doubt the Admins are discussing it, but I'd be stunned if this is the first time they had this particular accusation before them.

We'll see.

If it happens, though ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Off the top of my head my first thought is, this could actually lead to DA being banned.

... I called it.

= =
Old May 13th, 2011, 11:32 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd Stev View Post
As an alternative to trying to convince DA of anything, you guys might want to try a trick I discovered while 'debating' with him in threads long forgotten:

1) position your keyboard so it's directly in front of you.
2) close your eyes and grit your teeth
3) bash your face on the keys repeatedly. 3-5 good smashes should do it.

While this won't actually do anything to change DA's mind-set / trollyness it WILL save you time by simulating the experience of ACTUALLY debating with him in the span of about 11 seconds.
Best post for a long time.

I hope DA's not banned. It's becoming fun watching everyone self-destruct over this guy.

Reading this thread has become kinda like rubbernecking. We all say we don't want to see anyone hurt in a car accident but we still look for the disembodied hand.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; May 13th, 2011 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Why am I still reading this thread?!?!?
Old May 13th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Eh. You guys who, bless your hearts, think anyone is arguing with DA are misunderstanding.

But that's fine. Kudos to you for caring about our sanity.

= =
Old May 13th, 2011, 11:45 AM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

DA's first post!

He was so cute at that age. Where did he go wrong!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I'm neither, I'm 25 and I live for competition
They're similar, but the profiles are different. Of course, it's easy to lie to keep under cover, but a mod has to check officially.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!

Last edited by The_X_Marker; May 13th, 2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old May 13th, 2011, 11:48 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Having read a bit more from the Jason/Stealth Dodge/To Serve Man oeuvre, I'd wager about 8 to 1 that Devil's Advocate is the return of one of the three. I'd put better than even odds that all four are the same person.

DA has advocated the exact army TSM played in Boston, Jason also professed his love for the Packers, same posting style, several month gap between each member's banning and the next one's appearance, et cetera. It's pretty much a sure thing. DA probably began posting after moving from Boston to STL.
Old May 13th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Eh. You guys who, bless your hearts, think anyone is arguing with DA are misunderstanding.

But that's fine. Kudos to you for caring about our sanity.
Naw, I understand your motivations for the several passionate posts you made here DS, and I reckon they have VERY little to do with actually arguing with DA. It's important to note that the scene that he describes is essentially non-existent... all other trolling and arguments and debates aside.

I was more just trying to inject some humor into the thread again - its sorta my thing. And as I guy that loves a good debate/heated discussion I've got some experience with trying to do so with DA, and it's never ended in anything but a very close feeling to what I described above. No hate on DA or anybody else - I've got a lot of respect for a guy who sticks to his guns so adamantly, even if it does often boarder on a troll-act.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old May 13th, 2011, 12:26 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
So is he banned yet?

Jason = Stealth Dodge = To Serve Man = Devil's Advocate
Having read through a few posts by Jason, Stealth Dodge and To Serve Man, they sure sound and read like DA's posts. Why was Jason, Stealth Dodge and To Serve Man banned?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion