Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old January 9th, 2009, 03:16 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!
Dice towers, how to?

After a few searches and a look through the sticked posts I haven't found a "How to" for dice towers. I'm not looking to make anything very elaborate (like some of the amazing pictures I've seen); I'm just looking to make a very simple wooden tower that I can fold over when I'm done with it.

Does anyone know of an easy tutorial I can follow? I've never really tried my hand at anything like this, so I thought I'd give it a go.

Are there any "rule of thumb" things that all good dice towers have?

Thanks in advance!

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old January 9th, 2009, 04:31 PM

Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker
Re: Dice towers, how to?

My son and I made dice towers last summer. We did an internet search for dice tower plans and came up with a lot more information than we needed. There are a lot of gamers out there that are into dice towers and a lot of them have shared there tower plans on the internet.

We made ours in two pieces. The tower and the tray. The tower stands up in the tray and can be laid down in the tray for storage. Sometimes I just use the tray by itself.

My only regret is that I thought the tower plans were a little to small. I only added about an inch to the length, width, and height and they came out a little bit bulky. Space was cramped at the last tourney I was in so I couldn't use the tower in a couple of the matches.

It was a great and fun father and son project though. My younger son has asked if he could build one, so looks I will get another chance at dice towering.
Old January 9th, 2009, 04:34 PM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

Here are two links from Google which looked okay. There are a lot more out there.

I haven't built any myself, so I can't vouch for these directions... I like that there are pictures and diagrams though!

Good luck!

Wood: http://pshobbyshed.blogspot.com/2006...how-i-did.html

Foamboard: http://www.instructables.com/id/Maki...rd-Dice-Tower/

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old January 9th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

IMax posted some somewhere, let me see if I can find them...
Old January 9th, 2009, 06:38 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzie Fuzz View Post
IMax posted some somewhere, let me see if I can find them...
Imax took them down because people were making them and sell them with out his permission.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old January 10th, 2009, 02:46 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the help! The Foamboard link looks good, though I will probably go with wood if I can.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old January 11th, 2009, 11:52 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I got bored at work today so I decided I was going to make a dice tower. Im happy with what I got but didn't feel it needed its own thread. I thought Id go ahead and share it here since I used Plans and Instructions posted earlier. I didn't have any money to get any foam board so I had to make do with the cardboard I found at work. Its all held together by toothpicks and glue. I used some clay around the edges to try and give a better look than the crappy cardboard. The clay is already chipping away. Later this week I plan on buying some foam board and doing a much better version. I'd like to find plans for a 2 piece tower but can't seem to find anything I like. Anyways here's some pics.

Not much to look at but its a good feeling to know I got paid to make it I love my job!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions