Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 31st, 2010, 10:39 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of the Death Knights of Valkrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCU Master 2007 View Post
Wow...I'm shocked that they created a unit that is capable of bonding with Taelord (blah blah blah, he's not overpriced, but don't feel like arguing that here). Had they been even a three man squad I would be concerned about being overpowered.

As it is, I could see a 300 point core of Taelord and 2x Death Knights being a lot of fun to play. Fill it out with the range that makes Taelord so valuable and you have a capable army on your hands.
I agree. I've been meaning to try that core with a few squads of 10th Regiment or something. I also really want to try 4x Goblin Cutters with it at 500 Points.

Also, I don't think this army will win any tournaments, but it has some theme and also some interesting synergy:

Death Knights x3 - 180
Dumutef Guard x4 - 280
Shades of Bleakewoode x2 - 480
Marcu Esenwein - 500, 21 hexes

A bunch of undead stuff working with the Dumutef Guards. The Shades and Marcu are both very fast, and they get the Devourer enhancement from the Dumutef. Maybe Marcu starts off by grabbing a glyph, followed up by some Death Knight / Dumutef love. The Shades can fly in once engagement starts occurring, attempting to Devour anything they can, or just attacking with the Dumutef bonus. Even Marcu can get a solid attack of 5-6 with a Dumutef bonus or 2.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 4th, 2011, 08:17 PM

LazySoul4 Woo who?

Idea I came across on the Heroscape Battleplan site:

Sir Hawthorne- 90
Braxas- 210
Kelda- 80
Dk x2- 120

Even 500 points. Haven't play tested just looks good on paper. Braxas is always a target from the moment she moves and gives the Dks the chance to go in semi unnoticed compared to Braxas and Kelda coming from the other side. It's nice to see Taelord gettin some love but I just can't justify using him regardless of how cool he looks at a 500 point build.
Old April 4th, 2011, 12:52 PM

Lucky is surprisingly tart
Wink Re: The Book of the Death Knights of Valkrill

Death Knights are definately a good bonding squad. They have more defense than most bonding squads (if not all) and I love the fact they take two defense away from there prey. Last time I used them they proved worthy. We were playing around 350. In this senerio we don't worry about exact points but it has to be within the range of 325 and 375. I went with:

60-Death Knights
75-Khosumet the Darklord
80-Wolves of Badru
140-Werewolf Lord
355 points

I though I was going to go out quick because of my lack of range but my defense held up and with both squads being able to move one of my heros I played some tricky turns. We were playing a 4 player game so I did kind of use my opponents armies to take out my foes. I pushed one player strait toward another makeing them battle. I didn't even start to lose poeple until two of the guys decided to team up and take us out (being me and the other opponent. At the end of the game I had one wolf and my Werewolf Lord left with one wound. I think the DK pair up very well with Khosumet; there abbilities seem to complement each other.

He is not just a devastating opponent, he is the bait; hence the name Master of the Hunt.
Old April 4th, 2011, 12:58 PM

Lucky is surprisingly tart
Wink Re: The Book of the Death Knights of Valkrill

I would like to add Taelord and see how it would do. Something like:

120-Death Knights 2x
180-Taelord
80-Wolves of Badru
140-Werewolf Lord
75-Khosumet the Darklord
595 points

He is not just a devastating opponent, he is the bait; hence the name Master of the Hunt.
Old May 10th, 2011, 12:44 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

After playing a bunch of games with the Death Knights, I've seen that they are the key to unlocking the Air Elemental's potential.

The Air Elemental is a unit that needs to constantly be jumping over ruins and rats and Greenscales causing havoc and limiting the opponent's movement options. Kurrok's sight and distance limitations hinder this from happening.

The Death Knights allow the Air Elementals to shine. The Air Elementals establish board control and attack the units the Death Knights can't get to, such as Raelin. I absolutely love:

5x Death Knights
7x Air Elementals
510 points

It's not A+ material, but it's a solid B army. Occasionally it rips a Greenscale army to shreds, which is always nice. Hawthorne's alright, but I'll take 3x Air Elementals any day.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old May 10th, 2011, 02:23 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

We've not had much luck with the Air Elemental/DK combo, but I really think that's been due to bad dice rolls, nothing else. I agree, it looks like a great combo. We'll have to try them again.
Old May 10th, 2011, 09:54 AM

Elginb has disabled reputation

For a long time, I was leading with the Air Elemental, but I've found a tactic I like better-- if you have a mass of Death Knights and then you have the Air Elementals just behind the Death Knights, it's a front line that's extremely hard to break through-- even if you beat down the 5 defense, you still can't just waltz right through. Add some quality ranged units and you have a meat shield par excellence!
Old June 17th, 2011, 03:50 PM

deathknightlover is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Smile Re: The Book of the Death Knights of Valkrill

Death Knights rule finally Taelord has somone to bond with and their unique ability to subtract 2 defense dice gives them an easily dicided advantage when pitted against the Death Chasers of Thesk!
THEY ROCK!
Old June 17th, 2011, 04:05 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Personally, the DK's shine the most for me when they dont bond. For 60 points, they make great filler squads when you need a front line meat shield. Good defense, and great offensive ability makes them a threat as well.
Old June 17th, 2011, 05:17 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamaniac27 View Post
Personally, the DK's shine the most for me when they dont bond. For 60 points, they make great filler squads when you need a front line meat shield. Good defense, and great offensive ability makes them a threat as well.
Meh, I'd rather have the Izumi if I want a filler meat shield squad. Less offense, yes, but better defense and move, and one more member. The DKs need to bond to be worth it.
Old June 17th, 2011, 07:54 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Quote:
Meh, I'd rather have the Izumi if I want a filler meat shield squad. Less offense, yes, but better defense and move, and one more member. The DKs need to bond to be worth it.
The bonding is a huge boon, but I rarely feel like paying 180 for Taelord, and if I'm going with elementals, I'm going Kurrok and spamming my WE army. I feel like their more suited to "Well, I already drafted Taelord, so I might as well draft some DKs".

Maybe its just because I've only ever seen them do average while bonding. I've never had huge success with AE's so I prefer not to use them, and if I have Taelord, I'm not risking him being on the front lines to boost the DKs, he's sitting back with my KMA/Snipers/Etc. And screw using Khosumet with them, I have another wolf army that's better anyway.

They're an average squad. An average squad with Taelord Bonding. Rats are still going to be seen in my army more often than the DKs. Maybe if they were a squad of 3, things would be a little different. (I do like that they are a squad of 2. My Zettians can start a club and invite the Warmongers as well.)
Old June 17th, 2011, 09:04 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Quote:
The bonding is a huge boon, but I rarely feel like paying 180 for Taelord, and if I'm going with elementals, I'm going Kurrok and spamming my WE army. I feel like their more suited to "Well, I already drafted Taelord, so I might as well draft some DKs".

Maybe its just because I've only ever seen them do average while bonding. I've never had huge success with AE's so I prefer not to use them, and if I have Taelord, I'm not risking him being on the front lines to boost the DKs, he's sitting back with my KMA/Snipers/Etc. And screw using Khosumet with them, I have another wolf army that's better anyway.

They're an average squad. An average squad with Taelord Bonding. Rats are still going to be seen in my army more often than the DKs. Maybe if they were a squad of 3, things would be a little different. (I do like that they are a squad of 2. My Zettians can start a club and invite the Warmongers as well.)
Yeah, I'm not terribly impressed with bonding with Taelord. However, Dumutef Guards are great, cheap additions to any DK army. And Sir Hawthorne is a total beast. I haven't tried AEs, but they seem kind of situational anyways. And Khosumet will always be something of a disappointment.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units