Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 9th, 2014, 11:49 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

Tweaked Lethal Protector to work for Common Humans, and reduced it to an unblockable attack die. Waffled a bit between one and two dice, but settled on playing it safe at one for now.
Old November 10th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool design Ronin. You could get some interesting builds with that.
I think that Lethal Protector could be stronger due to the restrictions. Hard to say without playtesting. Mobbing someone with Civilians and letting Anti-Venom do his thing could be a fairly strong strategy and not require very many, if any, OMs once it is set up.

I just noticed that Lethal Protector affects your own figures, making Common Humans a solid counter-draft to Anti-Venom. Nice.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 10th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Common Humans would probably be best. I can't see zombies or aliens as "the innocent".
I could imagine plenty of aliens as being 'the innocent' - Aliens on the other hand...

I'm wondering if Common Humans who aren't Criminals might be a good idea - if this guy thinks of himself as a protector of the innocent, he's unlikely to avenge Street Thugs. Weird things like Hand Ninja and Hydra Agents are still in, but I guess Criminals would probably be more iconic guys for him to not help, since he's a Spidey character. That said, I know nothing myself about this particular incarnation of Brock, so this is just conjecture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I think that Lethal Protector could be stronger due to the restrictions. Hard to say without playtesting. Mobbing someone with Civilians and letting Anti-Venom do his thing could be a fairly strong strategy and not require very many, if any, OMs once it is set up.
Oooh, nasty.

Quote:
I just noticed that Lethal Protector affects your own figures, making Common Humans a solid counter-draft to Anti-Venom. Nice.
Not really....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
LETHAL PROTECTOR
When a figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Anti-Venom destroys a Common Human that you control, you must immediately roll an unblockable attack die against that figure.
It will make you much more wary of making an AoE attack with your own common human figures caught in it, though - I can't really fault Brock for having a problem with collateral damage.

Just a thought, though - should you control be changed to friendly here? It seems like a good power for that change.

All in all, I like it - really cool figure. Always good to see more Spidey stuff, even if it's Spidey stuff I know nothing about.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 10th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:

Thanks! Agreed on the playtesting point; I had a hard time figuring out exactly how strong it should be.

Like LO said, Anti-Venom doesn't protect opponents' figures. But with the ability being a 'must' rather than a 'may', guys like Puppet Master and Mentallo can mess with Eddie fairly easily. Also, anyone who would have reason to attack their own squaddies (not a common thing, but it does happen) is probably a bad choice for an Anti-Venom team-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I'm wondering if Common Humans who aren't Criminals might be a good idea - if this guy thinks of himself as a protector of the innocent, he's unlikely to avenge Street Thugs. Weird things like Hand Ninja and Hydra Agents are still in, but I guess Criminals would probably be more iconic guys for him to not help, since he's a Spidey character. That said, I know nothing myself about this particular incarnation of Brock, so this is just conjecture.
Not protecting Criminals would make sense, but it really only applies to three or four different units, and I can't imagine Anti-Venom being the top pick in anyone's Criminal army. That said, the power isn't too text-heavy, so I might throw it in. Good call on the friendly bit, too.
Old November 15th, 2014, 03:05 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

It's like shakespeare, but with lots more punching.

Nextwave!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!

Last edited by laughing matter; November 15th, 2014 at 08:55 PM.
Old November 15th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Okay, I don't know any of these guys, but I'll try to give my view based on mechanics.

Elsa Bloodstone: I presume she's not ust a normal human, right? Those stats are seriously beefy. (5 attack at range? Ouch! If it weren't for the range, she'd just feel top range human, but with it - oww!) She's certainly powerful and high points, just on that and flying. Other than the stats, you've recycled two specific counter powers and one SA that most of the time isn't that potent or interesting and is used a lot. Certainly solid and probably thematic, but not that imaginative or that interesting to play against anyone who's not undead, a lycanthrope or huge. I doubt I'd use her except as a counter draft, even though she'd be useful elsewhere as, outside those situations, she's just a bit boring, and for someone that price I'd be a bit disapointed to use someone dull. As a counterdraft, though, she looks like she could be devastating and lots of fun!

Aaron Stack: I basically really like this guy. He looks lots of fun. You could have some trouble convincing people to go with an Android with CR, but I like it. One thing I don't like is what he's got with Telescopic Tentacles 4. That, 4 attack and flying could get seriously powerful. Also, I just don't like the idea of reusing TT4 - It may just be because I love Doc Ock, but I feel that's treading on what makes him unique. Personally, I'd like it if you dropped it to TT3 - would that be thematic?

Tabitha Smith: Pretty potent mutant, pretty basic, looks like fun, not much to say. I'm not sure I like that commons subtract 3 from their defence against her SA, though - it feels like she's bullying an already rarely used section of superscape a bit too much. It'd be better at subtract 2, IMO.

Monica Rambeau: Looking good - until we hit Nextwave Squad. Far too potent for an open-ended leader power. You'll need to tone it down, change the mechanic, or find a way to tie Nextwave together and make it work for just them. Some people may complain about 4 powers, but again, I like it. Just please tone down that power.

The Captain: Wow! Beefy stats! Kick! looks silly and lots of fun, so I love it! Other than that, with his really high stats plus Impenetrable Skin and Flight, it really wouldn't surprise me to see this guy at 350+ - he might not end up that high, but it really wouldn't surprise me. He's certainly somewhere in the 300s right now. I don't know him, so that might be thematic, but I thought I'd point it out - if you don't want him that high, he'll probably need toning down.

In general, your new stuff could probably use some tweaks in places, but is looking really good.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 15th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Okay, I don't know any of these guys, but I'll try to give my view based on mechanics.
Quote:
Elsa Bloodstone: I presume she's not ust a normal human, right? Those stats are seriously beefy. (5 attack at range? Ouch! If it weren't for the range, she'd just feel top range human, but with it - oww!) She's certainly powerful and high points, just on that and flying. Other than the stats, you've recycled two specific counter powers and one SA that most of the time isn't that potent or interesting and is used a lot. Certainly solid and probably thematic, but not that imaginative or that interesting to play against anyone who's not undead, a lycanthrope or huge. I doubt I'd use her except as a counter draft, even though she'd be useful elsewhere as, outside those situations, she's just a bit boring, and for someone that price I'd be a bit disapointed to use someone dull. As a counterdraft, though, she looks like she could be devastating and lots of fun!
She's a magically enhanced human, about a vampire level strength, she also carries around a ton of guns so, yeah the range and attack represent the fact that she carries other guns around( of ridiculous caliber) without trying to make her a monster hunting punisher knockoff. also all of the nextwave squad wear flight harnesses, so while she can fly it could definitely be removed on her, and Aaron aswell

Quote:
Aaron Stack: I basically really like this guy. He looks lots of fun. You could have some trouble convincing people to go with an Android with CR, but I like it. One thing I don't like is what he's got with Telescopic Tentacles 4. That, 4 attack and flying could get seriously powerful. Also, I just don't like the idea of reusing TT4 - It may just be because I love Doc Ock, but I feel that's treading on what makes him unique. Personally, I'd like it if you dropped it to TT3 - would that be thematic?
If you look at the wording I used, I changed it so that he can only attack 2 additional times, and can add 2 to his range. I did however forget to change the name so.....Whoops!

Quote:
Tabitha Smith: Pretty potent mutant, pretty basic, looks like fun, not much to say. I'm not sure I like that commons subtract 3 from their defence against her SA, though - it feels like she's bullying an already rarely used section of superscape a bit too much. It'd be better at subtract 2, IMO.
That's the point seriously though, these guys constantly brutalize creatures that would definitely be commons in scape (human resources broccoli men, koala bears of death, homicide crabs, the mindless ones....etc) infact almost all of them could be capable of brutalizing commons`except The Captain.......

Quote:
Monica Rambeau: Looking good - until we hit Nextwave Squad. Far too potent for an open-ended leader power. You'll need to tone it down, change the mechanic, or find a way to tie Nextwave together and make it work for just them. Some people may complain about 4 powers, but again, I like it. Just please tone down that power.
I had to leave it open ended like that because all of these guys have so many different species, classes, and personalities that going any of those routes wouldn't work. moving or attacking with 3 of these guys however might be too much, even though it's thematically accurate, and there's precedent in groups like the warriors three, or the wrecking crew.

Quote:
The Captain: Wow! Beefy stats! Kick! looks silly and lots of fun, so I love it! Other than that, with his really high stats plus Impenetrable Skin and Flight, it really wouldn't surprise me to see this guy at 350+ - he might not end up that high, but it really wouldn't surprise me. He's certainly somewhere in the 300s right now. I don't know him, so that might be thematic, but I thought I'd point it out - if you don't want him that high, he'll probably need toning down.
Nope, that's right!

In general, your new stuff could probably use some tweaks in places, but is looking really good. [/QUOTE]

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!

Last edited by laughing matter; November 15th, 2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old November 15th, 2014, 12:31 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

In general, your new stuff could probably use some tweaks in places, but is looking really good.
Lazy Orang, kinda in response to your stuff. Elsa Bloodstone comes from a family of European monster hunters "Do you think this letter on my chest stands for America!" Some of her stuff is genetics, but a portion of the power comes from the Bloodgem. Range comes from the fact that she has carried two Uzi's (I personally think her range should be the machine guns special and her normal attack be melee). Her stats are good aside from that imo.

Machine Man is pretty good.

Same with Tabitha.

Monica has a copy-paste error where you left Living Laser in the text power. Not sure how you would change that leadership power, but as the FF shows, taking multiple turns can be broken, you did try and balance by making it move or attack, but it can still bring the pain.

The captain is good also.

My one question that applies to all of them, is why does everyone have Flying? Monica and the Captain can fly, and Tabitha has the Jetpack, but I don't remember Machine Man and Elsa flying at all (it's been a little while since I read it though, I think 2012). Did you just assume they'd be using their ship to travel? I'm just curious.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old November 15th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

So from high ground Elsa can attack Huge figures twice with 8 attack dice from Range 6?

Nextwave Squad will never be accepted as-is. It would easily make Rambeau the best figure in C3G.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 15th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Quote:
She's a magically enhanced human, about a vampire level strength, she also carries around a ton of guns so, yeah the range.
Are her guns really strength 5 attack, though? It takes a lot to justify a normal attack of 5 from range.

Quote:
Quote:
If you look at the wording I used, I changed it so that he can only attack 2 additional times, and can add 2 to his range. I did however forget to change the name so.....Whoops!
Ooops, mea culpa! I didn't read the power because I thought I knew it off the power name. Yeah, I really like him.

Quote:
Quote:
That's the point seriously though, these guys constantly brutalize creatures that would definitely be commons in scape (human resources broccoli men, koala bears of death, homicide crabs, the mindless ones....etc) infact almost all of them could be capable of brutalizing commons`except The Captain.......
Yeah, but with - 2 and AoE that's already going to be crushing commons - subtracting 3 is just overkill.
Also, are all those things you listed real.

Quote:
Quote:
I had to leave it open ended like that because all of these guys have so many different species, classes, and personalities that going any of those routes wouldn't work. moving or attacking with 3 of these guys however might be too much, even though it's thematically accurate, and there's precedent in groups like the warriors three, or the wrecking crew.
The Wrecking Crew is randomised and on a small selection of primarily melee bruisers. The Warriors Three are all melee so it's tricky to set up. Odin and Mr. Fantastic are both randomised and faction specific. This is not randomised and works with everyone - attacking with the whole Warriors Three might not be a problem, but taking a turn where you're attacking with Punisher, Silver Surfer and Merlyn almost certainly will. All this girl needs is a few ranged powerhouses to clean house.

Quote:
Quote:
Nope, that's right!
Then he's great!

Quote:
So from high ground Elsa can attack Huge figures twice with 8 attack dice from Range 6?

Nextwave Squad will never be accepted as-is. It would easily make Rambeau the best figure in C3G.
Crap! I forgot that Silver Weapons had double attack! That makes her more potent, ore interesting, and, right now, very broken. Her range needs to go and just be put in her SA.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 15th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Never Forgets

I made some edits to my response to LO because I screwed up on account of the fact that I'm doing this on my phone in a car. I will however say it again. All of the nextwave squad wear flight harnesses, but Elsa and Aaron really don't NEED flying and thinking it over, I would rather they didn't fly, and Elsas range was to represent the fact that she carries so many guns without being a punisher expy. Also I'll fix the copy paste errors. Thanks

Old November 15th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Those look nice, lm. Run some (more?) playtests and join C3G!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy