Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 29th, 2009, 11:50 AM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Bought Drakon, Cave Troll and LOTR confrontation on the FFG sale. Such great prices. Too bad they don't make deals on the shipping or I may have bought more.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old November 29th, 2009, 12:31 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse View Post
Bought Drakon, Cave Troll and LOTR confrontation on the FFG sale. Such great prices. Too bad they don't make deals on the shipping or I may have bought more.

No Wai!!!

I also bought Cave Troll, Drakon and The Beowulf game from the same sale. Crazygood prices!

Old November 29th, 2009, 01:00 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I played Summoner Wars this weekend with KCU Master. I only played one game, but it was fun. Simple rules, fast game play, lots of strategy.
Old November 30th, 2009, 09:19 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
No Wai!!!

I also bought Cave Troll, Drakon and The Beowulf game from the same sale. Crazygood prices!
Well I'm patting myself of the back from grabbing Drakon from this same sale, but I completely missed Cave Troll! I can't order again, I already did twice (prices so good I was able to ignore the double shipping).

-insert signature here-
Old November 30th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Played Dominion x 9 this weekend.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old November 30th, 2009, 11:13 AM

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Was that like a whole day thing? It takes us like an hour or more per game.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old November 30th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Are the people you play with a bunch of jerks who cackle every time they play a witch or sea hag? Tell people to start buying gold and Provinces.

Our games are usually in the neighboorhood of 20-40 minutes. Might change with experience. I play at least 2 games of Dominion pretty much every day.

Over the weekend, I played a lot of Summoner Wars, and taught some people how to play Dominion (using only Intrigue) and Power Grid. Summoner War with teams is a bit long, but really fun. Even though you don't roll defense, it feels like there's less downtime than in a team Heroscape game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 30th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Are the people you play with a bunch of jerks who cackle every time they play a witch or sea hag? Tell people to start buying gold and Provinces.

Our games are usually in the neighboorhood of 20-40 minutes. Might change with experience. I play at least 2 games of Dominion pretty much every day.
I concur with Jexik's experience in game length. We even played a few 6 player games and they were still only about 45 minutes max. I will say the attack cards seem to be a lot more "fun" when you play with 6 players, but there is more down time in between turns. Nothing like a Militia, 2 torturers and a masquerade before you get your next turn. Good Times!!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old November 30th, 2009, 03:13 PM

Well, it's probably because we don't play it often, so maybe we overthink our actions, well, my playmates do. I actually take very, very quick turns.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old November 30th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Well, it's probably because we don't play it often, so maybe we overthink our actions, well, my playmates do. I actually take very, very quick turns.
Yeah. Once I kind of have my strategy mapped out, my turns usually take about 5-10 seconds unless I'm playing an action-heavy (village/conspirator-style combos) deck or need to reshuffle. Sometimes both happen at once.

Attack cards and waiting for people to reshuffle seem to be the big time-killers that slow the game down. Sometimes I'll start shuffling my discard pile if I know I'll need to draw into it at the start of my next turn, but be ready to drop a curse into it or whatever if I have to.

Sometimes if the choice someone makes doesn't affect my buy choice (if I am the person who just played Saboteur or Militia or whatever) I'll just get on with my buy and pass, while we wait for that guy who was shuffling his deck to finally militia out two cards.

Whenever I play a big chain of actions, I'm never wondering how many actions I have left. When I play a +2 action card, I place the next action cards halfway onto that one. If I play a +1 action card, I'll start placing them in a line down the table, kind of like a sentence structure or probability tree. If it's a dead (no+ action) action, that "branch" is done, so I won't put cards on it. If a card has a choice, I'll probably turn it slightly to its side for certain actions, and be consistent. (For example, if I'm playing a ton of Minions, I'll keep them standing up if I did them for +2 coins, but I'll set them sidewise, like "tapping" in Magic if I play them to discard my hand).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 30th, 2009, 10:57 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
No Wai!!!

Well I'm patting myself of the back from grabbing Drakon from this same sale, but I completely missed Cave Troll! I can't order again, I already did twice (prices so good I was able to ignore the double shipping).
If you change your mind let me know and I can add stuff to your order and then get the stuff from you when I see ya

On topic.....been playing alot of Summoner Wars..and got in a game of Dungeon Twister.

I just got Game of Thrones and will hopefully be getting in a game or two of that soon.
Old November 30th, 2009, 11:03 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

You are evil.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games