Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old June 5th, 2006, 08:01 PM
ultradoug

not sure if this will help any, but here was how I had thought of to level up units:

monster icons?

Old June 6th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I settled on trophies; the more dangerous the monster, the more trophies he has. Of course, a monster's favorite trophy is a skull, so there are 1-skull, 2-skull, 3-skull and 4-skull monsters. The 1-skull is a dog skull; the 2 and 3 add human skulls, and the 4-skull adds a horned demon skull.

Thanks for your suggestions, Doug.

I guess the next step is to make rooms. I think everything else is about ready to start a playtest.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old June 6th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Are you sure you don't want to go with the squirrel taking a crap?

Anyway as soon as you're ready, please zip it up and send it my way so I can get playtesting!!! Damn straight!!!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old June 7th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I too would love to playtest this thing for you
Old June 7th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
The squirrel or the game?

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old June 7th, 2006, 01:37 AM
ultradoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
The squirrel or the game?
yes.
Old June 7th, 2006, 01:43 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I tell you what, guys. If you'll test out the game, I'll be sure to test out the crapping squirrel.

Give me a couple days. Everything is going to be rough for testing - I really need to make the tiles in Gridsmith, but I've been making them at work, where I'm on a Mac. The cards won't be done, and you're on your own for figures. The testing version will use tables.

Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old June 7th, 2006, 02:01 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
I could use a little idea help for monster icons. ... I considered monster heads, but the problem is that I'm trying to keep the icons a little generic. If I use a goblin head for low, that sort of rules out putting a giant rat there. I considered skulls, too, but I'm not sure how to scale that up.

Anyone with ideas?
How about Claw Marks for Low, the Gnarled Claws for Medium, Bestial Teeth for Large and Wings for Objective?

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 11:27 AM
Man Genius

I have compiled the rules and sort of a beta version. The graphics are choppy, the rules are sparse, and the cards are non-existent, but it's playable. I mean to pretty up the map tiles, make monster/treasure/random event cards, and pick through the details in the rules, but for now, this thing is ready to play.

Unfortunately, I finished just as the download section went down. So I'm just teasing you. Once it comes back up, I'll try to get it up there.

Old June 22nd, 2006, 01:21 PM
Man Genius

Following right on the heels of Newb's HS Dungeons, I present my beta version of the Dungeon Crawl game. Obviously the name needs work.

I'll be trying this game in the near future, and I welcome anyone else who wants to give it a spin. I would love feedback on this, since I haven't played it at all.

Here's the download link:

http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=17

Old June 22nd, 2006, 02:20 PM
Man Genius

One thing I mentioned here but forgot to put in the rules:

A hero may not use arcane spells if he wears metal armor.
A hero may not use holy spells if he wields a sharp weapon.

Add to equipment:
Mace (50GP): +1A

Old June 22nd, 2006, 07:49 PM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Cool! Thanks for the link Imax. I'll have to download that and check it out =)

One of these days I need to get back to work on my rules variant (Heroscape Legends) too. Probably sometime after the castle rules come out since I had intended to make siege rules.

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions